Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie Oree

Nov 30, 2010
6-8-5-13
I have no idea what people see in Connor Brown and Stuart Percy, neither of them have that "It" factor if you ask me. Percy can hide behind the statement that D-men take longer to develop but in Brown I don't see any part of his game that make me say "He's gonna be an NHLer"

Bracco strikes me as a guy who will be an NHLer and I think next year many will be talking about him as our 4th best prospect... just a hunch.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I like when Sens fans come in our prospect rankings thread..

I'm a Sens fan first, and a Leafs fan second. That's what happens when you grow up watching the baby leafs.

I am always on the Leafs board, just don't comment often. I like hearing from the guys that know the team more than I.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Then take it from the mouth of a pro, not mine.
Dubas commenting on Gauthier during an interview today:

"Well i think Gauthier, he's always a guy everyone brings up, wants to talk about. With Fredrick, he's won. He's been on two team Canada's, he's been to the memorial cup. He's won a championship. We were talking about him yesterday with babs. He's a guy that coaches always really like. They play him a lot. They use him in every defensive zone face-off. He's in every important face-off on the ice. He's a guy that you go and watch and you may not find him as visually appeasing as you do a high end skill guy like Nylander or Kapanen or Marner, but boy, he's extremely effective. He's going to play a role for us as we move forward here that's going to be very very valuable to us as an organization. It's just different from the other guys, but we can't have all the same sort of players, and that's why we really like Fred and are excited to see him start this year as a pro."

Nothing in that says he has franchise potential.

It's a moot point anyways, I will leave you guys to it.

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Bracco is our most talented prospect at #5

Most talented =/= best.

I have no idea what people see in Connor Brown and Stuart Percy, neither of them have that "It" factor if you ask me. Percy can hide behind the statement that D-men take longer to develop but in Brown I don't see any part of his game that make me say "He's gonna be an NHLer"

Percy has great positioning, is a good skater, and can either skate the puck out of his end, or connect with a great first pass. There's a lot to like there, potential wise.

Nothing in that says he has franchise potential.

It's a moot point anyways, I will leave you guys to it.

Literally the same thing people said about Tyler Biggs.

Because he is the most prolific scorer to come out of USA hockey since Pat Kane.

That'd be Jack Eichel.

Bracco feel in his draft cause of his attitude not lack of talent

I'd be surprised if he fell due to attitude. More likely his skating. He lacks separation speed for such a small guy.

Freddy the Gauthier.

Because he has franchise potential, even though he is unlikely to reach that level.
I would take Gauthier at equal point production over just about any player left on this list.
Others may outscore him in the NHL, but none have the complete impact he is capable of.

Same way that 80 points from Kopitar is very different than 80 points from Kessel.
Safe to say even 40 points from Kopitar is better than 80 from Kessel.
Even though he won't go #5 on this list, he really deserves to be in this next group.

LOL. For that to be true, Kopitar would have to prevent more than 40 goals, or literally 20% of the goals scored against Los Angeles this season, by himself.

Incredible.

Last edited:

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I went with Puzzles because I think he's an elite defensive centre with underrated offensive potential. I want to see what Bracco does in Uni, and Johnson needs to work on his defensive game. Percy is my pick at 6 and Dermott needs to show what he can do away from McDavid.

All of that said, there's a VERY small difference between 5-10, maybe even 5-15.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
I think Leipsic could surprise a lot of people. Not that far behind Brown in scoring this year.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Voted Johnson. I think Dzierkals should be on the list within the next five votes at least.

The kid's got skill. Not in my top 10, but still think he should be there soon possibly along with Korostelev. Still have no idea how he slipped to 7th round. Has to be the first time a junior player led his team in scoring but still slipped to the 7th round.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Its gotta be Bracco production wise so far he has the greatest potential to produce points.

Has anyone paid attention to what Bracco has done so far? Kid is a dominant player at every level hes played so far. We need to see more but there's every indication he will be an extremely skilled forward... AHL all star at the very least if he cant get his speed up.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I'd be surprised if he fell due to attitude. More likely his skating. He lacks separation speed for such a small guy.

Yup. His edge work/agility/shiftiness is elite, but his top or straight line speed isn't at the level where you'd hope a 5'9" guy would be at. Hopefully Underhill helps him out in that regard

At this point I don't think he's the better prospect than a guy like Dermott though. Could change around next year, but I'm higher on Travis than most

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Voted Johnson. I think Dzierkals should be on the list within the next five votes at least.

The kid's got skill. Not in my top 10, but still think he should be there soon possibly along with Korostelev. Still have no idea how he slipped to 7th round. Has to be the first time a junior player led his team in scoring but still slipped to the 7th round.

Salituro lead Ottawa in points and went undrafted. I dont think its that uncommon.

JMilne*

its cool to me that i think a strong prospect like percy might not even be our best at top 5 gets me excited for our future !

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Leipsic getting no love. Everyone in love with those shiny new toys I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad