Why all the Bracco hype...

Don't know much about him but someone posted this in the #4 thread:

CItlz1AWIAAya_b.png

CItlz1CWIAAqt54.png

CItlz0-WcAQ0izq.png

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Stuart Percy for me. when he was called up, he already looked NHL ready and he looked better than some of the other defensemen that were up.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Why all the Bracco hype...

First line potential - up with some guys named Kessel, Kane, and even Matthews in goals, assists, and points in U.S. National Development Program.

Then watch some video. This kid has elite talent. I really like Dermott, Percy, AJ, and the Goat - but I don't see 'elite' with them.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I like Bracco but man the hype is spinning out of control.

Hope he can live up to it, for our sake, and his

Hype is a baseless promotion founded on false-truths and hearsay. He is gone to the NCAA after this camp so the Leaf chatter won't really reach him there much.

He will be leading Boston University next year in Eichel's absence - will be cool to see his progression there.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Franson puts up alot of points too and he still hasn't signed yet. Bracco fell for a reason. Honestly I'm very skeptical. I'd rather have Johnson

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
The same way Biggs has franchise potential? Our imagination?

Then take it from the mouth of a pro, not mine.
Dubas commenting on Gauthier during an interview today:

"Well i think Gauthier, he's always a guy everyone brings up, wants to talk about. With Fredrick, he's won. He's been on two team Canada's, he's been to the memorial cup. He's won a championship. We were talking about him yesterday with babs. He's a guy that coaches always really like. They play him a lot. They use him in every defensive zone face-off. He's in every important face-off on the ice. He's a guy that you go and watch and you may not find him as visually appeasing as you do a high end skill guy like Nylander or Kapanen or Marner, but boy, he's extremely effective. He's going to play a role for us as we move forward here that's going to be very very valuable to us as an organization. It's just different from the other guys, but we can't have all the same sort of players, and that's why we really like Fred and are excited to see him start this year as a pro."

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I like Bracco but man the hype is spinning out of control.

Hope he can live up to it, for our sake, and his

Hype?

Some(not enough) are voting for him to be our 5th best prospect. A couple people mentioned his point totals. That's it.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
This one should be really interesting. We all knew the top 4, this is where it gets highly subjective.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Gauthier is going to show no semblance of offensive potential and will play 18 minutes a night. Looking forward to it.

joking, sorta

'Joking, sorta' ... is pretty accurate. I mean, it won't be as pretty as Nylander, that's for sure ...

I'm eager to see how much he is asked to stand in front of the net though because he is so willing to stand there, and is so VERY effective at it.

mikebel111*

was a tough choice between Dermott and Bracco

However I went with higher potential in Bracco

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Went with Harrington but theres a bunch of different guys who I could have went with.

Hes the kind of player that you need to watch a few times to really appreciate what he brings. He has elite level IQ, very smart player. He wont ever score 40+ points in the NHL but I could easily see him playing 22-ish minutes a night and pairing with an offensive minded D-man.

Last year in the Pens prospect rankings they had Kapanen at #2 and Harrington at #3.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Dermott.

Bracco is too boom/bust. Percy is closest, but injuries have slowed his progress, and I don't think his upside is as high. Fell off hard in his NHL stint after those first 3-4 good games.

But honestly all three of those guys are pretty close as the poll reflects.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
This is tough. It's easy to look at Bracco and Dermott with their potential. But they are also still unknown. Percy has already made it to the NHL level and hasn't looked out of place. Gauthier should provide value that doesn't always translate to numbers.

In these rankings I try to mix top-end potential mixed with floor. It's kind of a battle of Stefanovich vs. Carrick for example. One's ceiling is higher, one's floor is higher. May have to vote Percy here, though Bracco is so intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad