2015 Draft Thread "McEichel" Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Bob got it right at the beginning of the year, but maybe he was just saying it like that today for Button's sake. We all know he's a complete idiot, best not to confirm that on national tv though.

For everyone's shake here though, it's pronounced like shill-ington

Wait, its actually "shill-ing-ton"?

If not, I'm really confused why you wouldnt just put "kill-ing-ton" lol

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
To me, the break down is:

1-2
3-5
6-12
13-21
22-30

If we end up with 2 picks in the 22-30 range, I would really hope we can move one of them to go up into the 13-21 range.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

1-2
3-5
6-12
13-21
22-30

If we end up with 2 picks in the 22-30 range, I would really hope we can move one of them to go up into the 13-21 range.

9/10 have Hanifin as #3. He is the cut #3 guy as it stands in the scouts eyes. Even Murray all but said that today.

If Hanifin is as good as scouts believe and is projected to have a Doughty or Keith type impact then I have no issues taking him, have we ever really had a true #1 franchise D?

Last edited:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

1-2
3-5
6-12
13-21
22-30

This seems about right, although I really feel like the top 4 guys should each have their own tier :laugh:

I'd also change that last tier to "22-32" instead of "22-30." Harkins, Sprong, N. Roy, Bracco…basically all in the same tier imo.

Edit: I didn't realize that Strome has only 5 goals less than Marner in the same number of games, mostly as a 2nd line Center, and only 8 less pts. I thought their numbers were further apart than that, with all the Marner worship around here. I realize Marner plays better along the boards, etc., and I like him better, but I guess I didn't realize Strome has kept up the steady scoring pace. Gonna be a toss-up between those two.

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
#1 Connor McDavid (10 out of 10 votes)
#2 Jack Eichel
#3 Noah Hanifin
#4 Dylan Strome
#5 Mitch Marner
#6 Lawson Crouse
#7 Pavel Zacha
#8 Zach Werenski
#9 Mikko Rantanen
#10 Matt Barzel
Don't show Stoakes that, I'm still waiting to see 4 out of 10 scouts choosing Eichel over McDavid. Ones called a Generational Talent, the other is labeled a Superstar.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
This seems about right, although I really feel like the top 4 guys should each have their own tier :laugh:

I'd also change that last tier to "22-32" instead of "22-30." Harkins, Sprong, N. Roy, Bracco…basically all in the same tier imo.

Edit: I didn't realize that Strome has only 5 goals less than Marner in the same number of games, mostly as a 2nd line Center, and only 8 less pts. I thought their numbers were further apart than that, with all the Marner worship around here. I realize Marner plays better along the boards, etc., and I like him better, but I guess I didn't realize Strome has kept up the steady scoring pace. Gonna be a toss-up between those two.

Strome did a lot of his damage early, with McDavid. People discount that to some degree. Also Marner has a prettier game. Both will be studs potentially.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Don't show Stoakes that, I'm still waiting to see 4 out of 10 scouts choosing Eichel over McDavid. Ones called a Generational Talent, the other is labeled a Superstar.

Im surprised that one scout who switched from Eichel to McDavid actually used the WJC as the reason. I say that considering the obvious differences between the two considering their roles and supporting cast was much more favorable to McDavid.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Im surprised that one scout who switched from Eichel to McDavid actually used the WJC as the reason. I say that considering the obvious differences between the two considering their roles and supporting cast was much more favorable to McDavid.

Without sounding like an internet troll a lot of pro scouts aren't great at their job.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Strome did a lot of his damage early, with McDavid. People discount that to some degree. Also Marner has a prettier game. Both will be studs potentially.

Strome also plays a more important role being a center, has a much bigger frame, and his skill-set is nice apart from his skating which is improving.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
A good couple weeks won't vault Meier into trade up territory.
He`s a big body who plays well on both ends of the ice. He's really similar to Scherbak imo

Ranked#20 on Bob's list and only getting better..and it hasn't been a "couple good weeks" it's been a really good year. It's the fact he is showing to be a versatile player who is strong, is a good play maker and can score goals. Miere seems to be one of those players that the puck just follows, he always seems to find open space in the offensive zone to shoot or make plays. Meier can adapt and play any role which makes him almost a lock to be a top 9 forward, he can play with skill guys and produce offense, he can play a checking role, or he can play in a shut down role. Guys like that typically do well on draft day and go higher then slated.

Last edited:

ZeroPT*

He's been good, I'm not saying he hasn't. But he's not in the Konecny/Barzal trade up group.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Carlo made a big jump... He's been my target with our highest second pick.

He's gonna get taken too high. That size and overall game is good enough to trick a gm to take him too early. I like him but top 15 is too rich for me, and I think someone gets him by then I think.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
They were talking over on the Oilers board about Eichel and they said that he is expected to remain in college for the next 1-2 years. Is this true? Did I miss something?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
They were talking over on the Oilers board about Eichel and they said that he is expected to remain in college for the next 1-2 years. Is this true? Did I miss something?

He will be in the NHL next year, and a good one.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Carlo made a big jump... He's been my target with our highest second pick.

As in where the pick stands, or barring a trade up?

I'd like us to target Provorov with a trade up. I view him as the 2nd best D in the draft. Admittedly have never seen a game of Kylington.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
He's gonna get taken too high. That size and overall game is good enough to trick a gm to take him too early. I like him but top 15 is too rich for me, and I think someone gets him by then I think.

Mobility at that size and strength is impressive

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Mobility at that size and strength is impressive

Agreed, I just don't see the level of puck skills to be more than 2nd pairing defense first guy. Which is a quality needed player. I just think there are higher upside guys available this year. If he was switched to last years draft he would definitely have been in that 10-15 range. This year there are a ton of guys I would take the boom or bust mentality with rather than a safer Carlo.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
What kind of impact do you all see McDavid and Eichel having next year in the NHL? I see lots of comparisons between McDavid's and Sid's CHL totals, but Crosby walked into the NHL at 18 and put up 102 points. He was instantly a top-5 player in the world. I still can't wrap my head around really how good he was right out of the gate...

I don't see any 18-year-old coming close to that for a long, long time.

I'm going to say McDavid could put up 55-60, which is still damn good for a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad