2015 Draft Thread – "McEichel" – Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Most Points OHL, One Season
192 Bob Smith Ottawa, 1977-78 (68 games)
182 - Wayne Gretzky, Sault Ste. Marie, 1977-78 (68 games)
177 -Doug Gilmour, Cornwall, 1982-83 (70 games)

thnx for posting....Never knew Bobby Smith was #1 all time....he was a good player but not so sure I would say great (in the NHL)

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Hang in there boys.

In point of fact, the season doesn't end today.

We are on our way to the bottom.

We've all endured too much garbage for way too long not to finish dead last, ensuring us the 2nd overall pick at worst.

Hang in there.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If the season ended today and Carolina won the lottery,
we would draft 2nd, 14th, and 18th respectively which
could possibly mean:

2nd - Jack Eichel - Centre
14th - Lawson Crouse - LW
18th - Paul Bittner - LW

(not my picks, just using the ISS ratings posted on hockey's future website)

Something to ease the pain in what's going to be a looong season

I we drafted two power forwards in the first round I would probably break my TV, not because I don't think they can be good players but we have more guys like Bittner in our depth chart then we do high end skill players. FYI I do really like Lawson Crouse, but if we took him at 14th I would be looking else where.

Power forwards take forever to develop and more often then not become Chris Stewarts then Milan Lucic.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Jeez, Eichel is quick for his size.

He was like 15 feet behind that guy and casually passed him for a partial breakaway, he is flat out unreal. He is a generational prospect, or at least right there. He would probably be a number #1 center in the NHL right now.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
He was like 15 feet behind that guy and casually passed him for a partial breakaway, he is flat out unreal. He is a generational prospect, or at least right there.

I'm trying to watch Florentino for Sabres sake, but I can't take my eyes off of him.

He is very good at backchecking too.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He has such a powerful stride that eats up territory in a hurry.

He has MacKinnon speed but doesn't even look like he is trying, it's crazy when you see how good MacKinnon was as an 18 year old and Eichel is on another level IMO.

EDIT: He is too good for this league

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
He was like 15 feet behind that guy and casually passed him for a partial breakaway, he is flat out unreal. He is a generational prospect, or at least right there. He would probably be a number #1 center in the NHL right now.

That was insanity. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Whats crazy is the McDavid is still better, it's crazy to have two of these guys in the same draft year.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Love the college environment in the States. So much cooler.

Gotta love the clean board designs and marching bands in the stands. It has its own feel, like Euro leagues and their chants. I wonder if an SM-Liiga fan sees the golden Notre Dame helmets and thinks it must be an all-star team. :sarcasm:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Didn't love Eichel's lack of intensity on defense for the first ten minutes or so, but man the kid has some freaky speed with that size combo. Great feed considering the zero dollar fee

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Ya the defensive structure is so much better in college. Even with his skills you don't see the time and space that is available in most CHL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad