2015 Draft Thread – "McEichel" – Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@RSandersonWHTK - Greetings from Meridian Centre press box in St. Catharines.
Just looked to my left and #Sabres GM Tim Murray is a few seats down the row.

LaxSabre - Niagara is hosting Erie and McDavid tonight.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Horrible photoshop but still funny.

dJtqHOy.jpg

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I saw him play vs Lowell a few weeks ago, and I saw him a couple nights after that.... he scored in both games, looked good manning the point. looks big and thick for his age, and moves very well for his size/age. powerful stride. and really pushes the puck when its on his stick. definitely has an aggressive offensive nature. defensively, he was kind of a mess. not a lot of zone awareness when it comes to spacing and time.

bottom line: offensive tools are legit. skating and size are very impreesive. defense is a work in progress.

Hmmm. Sounds like he might be a nice development project for four years then let him fill a gap on the Sabres?

Again haven't seen this guy either but I like the idea of stealing Svenchikov (spelling) late if the russian league bias stays true to the last few years.

Maybe take a shot at our Nich and only spend a mid first instead of Myers.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
u r wrong sry

O rly idk.Ah yes we will have a 20 % "chance".... Which means knowing the last time we had the best chance at a franchise player we end up with Marek Zagrapan. Even if we have the best odds we won't get him. We are Buffalo and the league will not allow it anyway. I'll believe in a fair lottery when the NHL does it in public. If the league didn't mind Buffalo getting him they wouldn't have cut the odds of 30th overall winning the lottery by slashing 1/5th of its odds. I mean it's ok when Edmonton picks FIRST 3 years in a row but god forbid if the Sabres get two top 2 picks in a row... Can't have that. And I don't doubt the league wanted to change the rules regarding 30th not guaranteed #2 for this year before Murray and other teams backlashed. Hopefully we don't have to pick this high ever again but it sucks that starting in 2016 if you finish last you are only guaranteed #3.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I was at the Ice Dogs game tonight and saw Tim Murray ahaha aside from that McDavid didn't get on the scoreboard but he is hands down the fastest player on the ice and he is everywhere the puck is going to be. Unfortunately for him and Strome they both struggled to score but the goalie for the Ice Dogs was good tonight.

Shots were 22-5 in favor the Erie after the 1st and the game was tied but the Otters goalies looked lost.

Anyways let me tell you he has some beautiful plays and his offensive ability you already know but he looks so clean when he masterfully sets up a play or carries the puck through 5 opposing players. His speed... wow his speed is unreal as he edges out defense men with ease. He looks a little weak on defense and he prefers to circle the top of the blue line waiting for a dish to him but I did see him work down low and come out with the puck along the boards. It's truly unreal how 2 guys could come in with a hit and he would still come out with the puck.

It would be such a shame to see this talent in another jersey.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Tweets - Rob Sanderson @RSandersonWHTK - Erie Otters at Niagara Ice Dogs - Thursday, November 6.

#Otters starters at #IceDogs - [G] Devin Williams [D] Kurtis MacDermid - Darren Raddysh [F] Alex DeBrincat - Connor McDavid - Nick Betz.
#IceDogs starters vs. #Otters - [G] Brent Moran [D] Aaron Haydon - Vince Dunn [F] Mikkel Aagaard - Carter Verhaeghe - Anthony DiFruscia.

End 1st - #Otters 2 (Pettit, MacDermid) #IceDogs 1 (Siebenaler). SOG - ERIE 20 (yes, TWENTY) NIA 5. #OHL

#Otters make a goalie change to Daniel Dekoning after Devin Williams allows 2 #IceDogs goals in 0:35. NIA 3 ERIE 2 [2nd 8:37].
End 2nd - #IceDogs 4 (Siebenaler, Payne, Corneil, McCool) #Otters 2 (Pettit, MacDermid). SOG - NIA 12 (17) ERIE 9 (29). #OHL

Huge save by #IceDogs G Brent Moran on #Otters C Dylan Strome late in the 3rd. @ Meridian Centre. Video - http://instagram.com/p/vFNo2zLWwc/
#IceDogs beat #Otters 5-2. Connor McDavid held without a point for first time this season (15 games). Niagara now 3-13 - Erie's first regulation loss.
Final SOG - NIA 21 (4) ERIE 40 (11). NIA Third Period Goal - Knott - 15:05.

#Otters Connor McDavid - "I think our heads got a little bit swollen...today was a real eye-opener...we're only as good as we're willing to work".
#Otters Connor McDavid on playing for Jay McKee - "He's so knowledgeable. Whatever he says, you listen to. He's got a lot to offer."
#Otters Connor McDavid on #IceDogs - "We lost to a Niagara team that's been struggling a little bit, but they're better than their record shows."

@JayMcKee74 on #Otters first regulation loss tonight - "You need to have some losses. You need to have some adversity."
@JayMcKee74 on NCAA, #Amerks, now OHL coaching - "Different maturity levels, different skill levels. For me, it's (all) been a great experience."

@DanHickling - NHL GMs Tim Murray and Brad Treliving take in McDavid-Strome as @ErieOtters fall to @OHLIceDogs #Sabres #Flames -
https://twitter.com/DanHickling/status/530560938555211777/photo/1

Niagara Ice Dogs Game Blog - vs Erie Otters - Thursday, November 6 - http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/article/live-game-blog-nia-vs-erie--nov-6

Erie Otters-McDavid-Strome at Niagara Ice Dogs - Friday, November 14 - If you can't see it in person - it will be on LIVE on Sportsnet in Canada as part of Friday Night CHL Game Of The Week. (NHL Network here in the United States shows the games however 99% of the time, they are taped delay to the next day. It would be cool since the game features potentially the #1 Pick McDavid that they will show the first one LIVE.)

Last edited:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I was at the Ice Dogs game tonight and saw Tim Murray ahaha aside from that McDavid didn't get on the scoreboard but he is hands down the fastest player on the ice and he is everywhere the puck is going to be. Unfortunately for him and Strome they both struggled to score but the goalie for the Ice Dogs was good tonight.

Shots were 22-5 in favor the Erie after the 1st and the game was tied but the Otters goalies looked lost.

Anyways let me tell you he has some beautiful plays and his offensive ability you already know but he looks so clean when he masterfully sets up a play or carries the puck through 5 opposing players. His speed... wow his speed is unreal as he edges out defense men with ease. He looks a little weak on defense and he prefers to circle the top of the blue line waiting for a dish to him but I did see him work down low and come out with the puck along the boards. It's truly unreal how 2 guys could come in with a hit and he would still come out with the puck.

It would be such a shame to see this talent in another jersey.

How dare you mention a weakness in his game:sarcasm:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
The photo was snapped mid McJesus vinegar strokes. Treliving is peering into Tim's very soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad