Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I wonder if this isn't actually a problem of communication. I don't see why pegula would get outbid. I kind of suspect the sabres soured on Babcock toying with them. Not that they wouldn't have paid what Toronto paid.

Its going to be about personnel control. Toronto has no GM and can give him the type of control Murray never will. Nor should IMO.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
he turns getting out-coached into an artform

Yet he somehow knew how to win a playoff series in the Eastern Conference. Maybe Babs could get some pointers?

Jason Brough @JasonPHT · 2m 2 minutes ago
Sweeney not ready to commit to Claude Julien. Needs to have a "philosophical" discussion first.

Julien is a better coach than Babcock, full stop. This would be a great hire.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I have an irrational fear of Ken Hitchcock.
It started around 1999...

Honestly, I really would have trouble coming around to him if he were the guy.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Also Paxon how does this hurt???

If Buffalo knew Babcock was never coming here then

5 million a season and McLellan is the sabres coach.

That pisses me off too, we wasted our time chasing someone that was never coming here and lost out on the second best option too.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Players and coaches know they can use Buffalo to get more money. If you think about it we can still be used in the future. Players and coaches need to want to come here.

With players that always happens because teams have to spend what they have to spend under the cap. I just don't see it hurting us. If you get 'used' you wind up without the player/coach the same as you would if you didn't try. No harm, no foul. Once we become better, people will be more interested in joining up.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
With players that always happens because teams have to spend what they have to spend under the cap. I just don't see it hurting us. If you get 'used' you wind up without the player/coach the same as you would if you didn't try. No harm, no foul. Once we become better, people will be more interested in joining up.

So spending time chasing players that dont want to come here we lose out on players that do because buffalo is focused elsewhere. Of course it hurts.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I'm enjoying Hamilton too much on radio now...

He rips whoever his 'source' is (he has no sources on any team, I'll bet on that) and that he's too naive. Hahaha. So much fail.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
To be 100% honest, I wanted Babcock to take the job here because

A) He believed in process that the ownership/front office had started
B) Felt he had an opportunity to win multiple cups down the road
C) Knew ownership was committed to winning

If it REALLY was about money and being a defacto GM, then it was never going to be a fit.

If he was never really interested in Buffalo at all and simply leveraged the Sabres to get a better offer elsewhere, then let's hope Terry doesn't let it happen again.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yet he somehow knew how to win a playoff series in the Eastern Conference. Maybe Babs could get some pointers?

Julien is a better coach than Babcock, full stop. This would be a great hire.

how many top 3, 5 10, draft picks was Babcock coaching in Detroit?

I see you use Dats/Zets as an argument AGAINST Babcock, it's hilarious, and i ignore it.

Babcock is the best coach in the sport. period.

i'd love to get Julien.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Also Paxon how does this hurt???

If Buffalo knew Babcock was never coming here then

5 million a season and McLellan is the sabres coach.

That pisses me off too, we wasted our time chasing someone that was never coming here and lost out on the second best option too.

I don't think McLellan was coming here. He and Edmonton were nearly a done deal very quickly. We could have talked to him too while talking to Babcock if he wanted to. By your logic though you would say be wary to talk to McLellan because he'd just be using us to drive up the price with Edmonton. All I'm saying is if you're interested in a player or coach, make your pitch. If their interest isn't strong, so what, they are still hearing you out. If they don't accept, so be it.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
how many franchise draft picks was Babcock coaching in Detroit?

I see you use Dats/Zets as an argument AGAINST Babcock, it's hilarious, and i ignore it.

i'd love to get Julien.

Please tell me those guys are the players they are because of Mike Babcock. Please. Just say it for us. Once.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
how many top 3, 5 10, draft picks was Babcock coaching in Detroit?

i'd love to get Julien.

What is the specific argument against Bylsma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad