Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Go look at a list of coaches to win the Stanley Cup.

In the modern era, the WORST coach to win a Cup is probably Bylsma followed by Tortorella.

Otherwise, it's a who's-who of coaching.

How is Bylsma a bad coach again? The Penguins were MUCH worse without him.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
how many top 3, 5 10, draft picks was Babcock coaching in Detroit?

I see you use Dats/Zets as an argument AGAINST Babcock, it's hilarious, and i ignore it.

Babcock is the best coach in the sport. period.

i'd love to get Julien.

He had three top-5 talents in Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom for most of his career in Detroit.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
What sucks about losing out on Babcock is he would've been coaching our future core pieces when they are young and fresh to the league. He easily could've implemented his system and philosophies to them, and they would've had it locked down by the time they hit their primes. Now we risk the chance of cycling through coaches, and those core pieces may have to learn new systems and philosphies possibly delaying success.

I got my hopes up. I can't lie. At least my girl gave me a good birthday present last night so I ain't stressin' too much!

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I would have really liked to have gotten Babcock.

It'll be interesting to see what Toronto does now. I'd really like to blow them out on a regular basis for the lifetime of Babcock's contract....just to add a little more salt to the wound.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I am of course gonna be really bitter if it IS Toronto and all signs point towards yes. This is a bitter pill to swallow because i went to bed last night thinking we had him. But what makes me really bitter is the idea (mere speculation) that babcock may have used us as leverage to get a big payout via Toronto. That just really stings.

Bps21*

Bylama had Crosby playing dump and chase. Which is as dumb as it gets. Eichel is the best carrying the puck in I've seen in years...if we get bylsma and I see his goddamned dump and chase that everyone knows is ******** ill take a couple years off until he's fired.

radar493

Mar 26, 2015
after a season where all we did was rip Nolan for coaching this team to win a few games, you're saying that?

I never ripped Nolan and,yes, I'm saying that. The most important factor for winning is the players. Again coaching is I.important but overrated. Example: Marv Levey? Elite? No. Good coach great players and four super bowls. My opinion is coaching is even a bigger deal in football than hockey (just my opinion) yet players still make or break a team. Few years back Shannahan was elite in many eyes.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
after a season where all we did was rip Nolan for coaching this team to win a few games, you're saying that?

Are you implying Nolan did a good job coaching? Because, well, no...

What people had issue with was him trying to squeeze wins out at the expense of development. Riding whichever goalie he determined was worthy, burying Hodgson on the 4th line, etc. Whether they were right or wrong, that was the argument. I don't see anyone arguing that Nolan actually got us a better record than we deserved because our record was as bad as can be.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I never ripped Nolan and,yes, I'm saying that. The most important factor for winning is the players. Again coaching is I.important but overrated. Example: Marv Levey? Elite? No. Good coach great players and four super bowls. My opinion is coaching is even a bigger deal in football than hockey (just my opinion) yet players still make or break a team. Few years back Shannahan was elite in many eyes.

Mike?

He was never elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad