Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Ok so this is about Pegula offering the highest contract to Babcock. Think you misunderstood.

I guess I did misunderstand. Though it appears the Leafs actually offered more. I get your point though. I just don't see a problem with it if it doesn't negatively effect us.

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
BTW, last night everyone said the Leafs were out

Buff could be back in tonight. Not that anyone even wants that. Just hire someone to sit in for these next 2 years like the last coach please

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I guess I did misunderstand. Though it appears the Leafs actually offered more. I get your point though. I just don't see a problem with it if it doesn't negatively effect us.

Players and coaches know they can use Buffalo to get more money. If you think about it we can still be used in the future. Players and coaches need to want to come here.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'll be more pissed if we hire richerdson than losing out on Babcock
Not pissed but I'm with you. I don't see why people want a development coach in the NHL? The NHL is not a place to develop, that's for the AHL. The NHL is a place for coaches with a plan to win.

Clock

May 13, 2006
At least he's effectively neutralized in TO. Hopefully he wasn't lying / exaggerating about not wanting to go to a contender and Toronto goes for a re-tooling again.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I am curious how Buffalo spins this when they do hire a coach.

Any coach interviewing there will know beyond a doubt that they weren't their #1 choice.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
This honestly isn't sour grapes, if Babcock is really demanding to be paid 3x more than every coach, then I think it's for the best he's not here. Throughout sports, people who sign solely for the $$$ usually goes poorly.

Now just don't sign someone who 'fits Buffalo' like Bylsma.

Grinder44

Jun 6, 2006
Los Angeles
Meh. Wasn't sold on all the Babcock hype. He's a very good coach, but you had to kind of suspect things would end this way... after all, we are Buffalo sports fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad