Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
We don't know that we were used, at any rate it was worth the shot if they wanted Babcock. We aren't in a worse position for it. Worst case scenario, if we were used, we drove up the price for the Leafs. Sounds fine to me. Now the wide coaching search begins with plenty of time left on the clock.

Pegula is giving out the highest contract absolutely no doubt.

So...we were used.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I am very curious if the real story will ever come out as to why he passed on Buffalo.

Too much ego on all sides involved for it ever to leak (probably)

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Ask Ted Nolan if you don't believe me.
Ted Nolan hasn't said anything. He may have subtley hinted he disagreed with certain decisions, but he never said Murray is hard to work with.

Murray specifically didn't give Nolan input because it was clear the plan was to boot him. Not Murray's coach.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
We're going to end up with Murray's boy Richardson and we will continue to not do **** for some time. Sounds great.

But if we got Babcock we'd win the Cup in 2017? C'mon. Don't pretend you're knew to the NHL here. Coaches come out of nowhere to succeed, coaches disappoint. It happens all of the time. We also know this team isn't winning **** for a few years. All we ever really needed is a coach who can work with young players and help lay a foundation. If we could've gotten a Babcock, great, but it's not some setback that we didn't.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Other lesson Pegs hoped he learned.

Lets put together a game plan after this fiasco and one where the sabres are incontrol. Not chasing after all the pretty girls thinking the sabres are some prince.

This team needs to win before they are taking seriously.

I can't wait for UFAs are we really going to throw out millions to 3rd line players and 5th defencemen?

It now feels like Pegula will get used for Pegula bucks.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
But if we got Babcock we'd win the Cup in 2017? C'mon. Don't pretend you're knew to the NHL here. Coaches come out of nowhere to succeed, coaches disappoint. It happens all of the time. We also know this team isn't winning **** for a few years. All we ever really needed is a coach who can work with young players and help lay a foundation. If we could've gotten a Babcock, great, but it's not some setback that we didn't.

Yeah. This isn't a catastrophe by any means. It's a disappointment. That's it.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Do not post here just to complain about what other members are posting or to complain about the thread itself.

If you do, your post will be deleted and you could face warnings/infractions for ignoring the warnings.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I wonder if this isn't actually a problem of communication. I don't see why pegula would get outbid. I kind of suspect the sabres soured on Babcock toying with them. Not that they wouldn't have paid what Toronto paid.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

it's a set back. Babcock is the best. timelines moves up, if we hired him.

We lost the coaching lottery, and there is no Eichel in this scenario.

Could Luke Richardson be the next great coach? Sure, and Nikita Zadorov could win a Norris...

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
It's going to be more a pleasure than it would've otherwise been to kick Toronto's ass for years to come, I'll say that.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I wonder if this isn't actually a problem of communication. I don't see why pegula would get outbid. I kind of suspect the sabres soured on Babcock rooting with them. Not that they wouldn't have paid what Toronto paid.

Buffalo was rumored to offer three contracts.

You can bet he took all three to Toronto. That is business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad