Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Was told by source that Babcock to KHL is done deal, only problem is source is my own butt hole, which means only update is basically I have to figure out how I got a talking butt hole.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
lol that Barnaby tweet is so stupid. Basically, if it's right, he gets to say he had it first. If it's wrong, he falls back on the "I didn't trust him" line.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Not that a leak would change things but if you don't trust your source then keep your big yapper shut Barnaby!

I don't think Babcock is dragging this out and visiting teams simply as some sort of scheme him and Holland devised to find new techniques that will benefit the organization. That said, if Babcock learned anything that he felt would benefit him as a coach or the organization I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to implement it wherever he ends up coaching, even if it is Detroit.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/37354/babcock-aiming-at-making-coaching-decision-by-wednesday
To me, though, I feel like it’s Detroit or Buffalo as the front-runners. Babcock would get a healthy raise from the Red Wings but certainly less than what he could get in Buffalo or Toronto. With the Sabres, there’s a relationship with GM Tim Murray that dates back to their Anaheim Ducks days together. For the Sabres, it’s plain to see they are a team on the rise with a very bright future.

But the Red Wings’ future is bright as well, as Babcock saw himself by seeing top prospect Dylan Larkin on the bronze-medal winning Team USA in Prague.

Either way, it’s near decision time for Babcock. Does he stay or does he go?

"We plan to meet here over the next day or two," Holland told ESPN.com Monday. "While he was in Prague, I know he talked to some people. I would anticipate by the end of this week Mike will make a decision. Beyond that, I don’t know much more, because it’s not me making the decision.

"At the very least, though, by the end of week I think he’ll be in a position to make a decision."

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Regarding Hakstrol's hiring, obviously good news for the musical chairs as one less opening for the Sabres to complete with amongst available choices.

Karate Johnson*

Lets pretend it's a done deal to Buffalo for a second, like Barnaby says....

Maybe that's the reason the late attempts by San Jose and St Louis. Maybe they caught wind of Babcock leaving, and they figured they would try to swoop in since they now know he's willing to leave Detroit.

I love this stuff.... It's so fun being involved in the conversation.... Not bad for a team with back to back 30th place finishes.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
He flew back with Holland from Prague and they are scheduled to have a meeting back in Detroit today. At what point would he have agreed to a deal with Buffalo when he's been with Holland, and still plans to meet with the sharks? Barnaby's source is blowing smoke

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY

Seems to me like Babcock will be informing Ken Holland of his decision tomorrow. Probably wants to sit down with him and do it the "right way".

Karate Johnson*

You can say that again! Will feel like a punch to the gut if he chooses to stay with the Wings after all this... but we'll survive.

Punch in the gut would be going to the Leafs.

Staying with Detroit is completely understandable. Not the best case scenario, but far better than going to Toronto, STL or SJ.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
He flew back with Holland from Prague and they are scheduled to have a meeting back in Detroit today. At what point would he have agreed to a deal with Buffalo when he's been with Holland, and still plans to meet with the sharks? Barnaby's source is blowing smoke

All it takes is 1 text or phone call.

For all we know he texted GMTM with 2 words: "I'm in"

Karate Johnson*

Seems to me like Babcock will be informing Ken Holland of his decision tomorrow. Probably wants to sit down with him and do it the "right way".

Unless he is visiting STL and SJ today, I don't see how this bodes well for them.sitting down with Holland Tuesday and making a decision Wednesday doesn't leave a lot of wooing time.

I'm probably just setting myself up for disappointment, but this feels like we might pull this off..... Maybe Babcock and Pegasus hit it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad