Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who will be the next head coach of the Buffalo Sabres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
With the quote I said above as a precursor. As in...it's not reliable info but take it for what you will.

Yeah. Why would a former Detroit Red Wing Beat Writer be reliable.

He may be right..he may be wrong. To dismiss him because he has 200 Twitter Followers is dumb.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Yeah. Why would a former Detroit Red Wing Beat Writer be reliable.

He may be right..he may be wrong. To dismiss him because he has 200 Twitter Followers is dumb.

I'm not dismissing it, I'm calling it unreliable. If it's right, great. Let me know when anyone else mentions it other than this guy.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
If it is not on TSN I wouldn't believe it. Not that TSN breaks every story but by now something should of been reported.

Last edited:

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I'd call this proof on one of the counts...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 13m13 minutes ago
San Jose Sharks scheduled to speak with Mike Babcock this week. Expectation is Babcock still wants to decide his future by Wednesday

(My note: If he's deciding by Wednesday still, I'd say his mind is mostly made up at this point. I'd put it at 65 percent Detroit, 20 percent Buffalo, 10 percent Toronto, 5 percent anyone else.)

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I'd call this proof on one of the counts...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 13m13 minutes ago
San Jose Sharks scheduled to speak with Mike Babcock this week. Expectation is Babcock still wants to decide his future by Wednesday

(My note: If he's deciding by Wednesday still, I'd say his mind is mostly made up at this point. I'd put it at 65 percent Detroit, 20 percent Buffalo, 10 percent Toronto, 5 percent anyone else.)

Detroit is no better then 50% and buffalo is probably around 30-35

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I love how Babcock as an option for us:

Started as a "theory" that maybe, if things work out, he'd be interested

The longer he didn't sign in Detroit, he was the "top option, but probably not realistic"

Finally as things started falling into place, a "Well, there is a real chance it might happen, but still most likely staying in Detroit"

to Finally: "If Mike Babcock doesn't sign here it will ruin the whole rebuild and he is a vile donkey ****er"

Really, to me, things have gone as expected. If Babcock was committed to going back to Detroit, it'd be done by now. The only real surprise to me is Edmonton not at least trying to talk to him and just going 100% with Todd McClellan.

I think its going to boil down to

A) Is Detroit willing to come up on their offer
B) Does Mike Babcock feel he has a better chance to win long term some place more than Detroit

Where that boils down to, I'm not sure. Only Mike knows that

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I think its going to boil down to

A) Is Detroit willing to come up on their offer
B) Does Mike Babcock feel he has a better chance to win long term some place more than Detroit

Where that boils down to, I'm not sure. Only Mike knows that

I think there's also:

C) What his family wants

If his family would rather be in Detroit than other places, he's staying.

If they have no problem moving, then they go.

Karate Johnson*

If his family like Detroit but doesn't mind not living there Buffalo is more likely than San Jose because of the general proximity and the likely access to PegulaAir

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
i'd call this proof on one of the counts...

Pierre lebrun ‏@real_espnlebrun 13m13 minutes ago
san jose sharks scheduled to speak with mike babcock this week. Expectation is babcock still wants to decide his future by wednesday

(my note: If he's deciding by wednesday still, i'd say his mind is mostly made up at this point. I'd put it at 65 percent detroit, 20 percent buffalo, 10 percent toronto, 5 percent anyone else.)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The guy has been side by side with Ken Holland for the last 5 days. I mean... I dunno...

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
He is going to stay with Detroit. It only makes sense. If he was serious about leaving then he wouldn't be deciding already. His contract isn't even up. I'm about 90% sure he stays with Detroit.

Karate Johnson*

He is going to stay with Detroit. It only makes sense. If he was serious about leaving then he wouldn't be deciding already. His contract isn't even up. I'm about 90% sure he stays with Detroit.

I'm not saying that staying with Detroit wasn't always the most likely.... But if it was a sure thing he would have said so already. He could have resigned months ago.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
I'm not saying that staying with Detroit wasn't always the most likely.... But if it was a sure thing he would have said so already. He could have resigned months ago.

Very true but this is Babcock we are talking about. He coaches Detroit which have made the playoffs how many years in a row. Sure they might not make it far into the playoffs but still they are winning (which he loves). Im sure he considered Buffalo as we have a great prospect pool and our lineup next year is 100 times better than this past year. I just can't see him passing up on a team that makes the playoffs every year to a team that is most likely 2 years away from being in the playoffs.

I honestly do wish he would come to buffalo snd I would drink the night away the day I found out that he signed here, but I just don't see it.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
He's staying with Detroit. Calling it now. It's the obvious move with him hanging with Holland for the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad