Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who will be the next head coach of the Buffalo Sabres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I don't see how he doesn't go to St Louis out of all the teams. That's kind of a no-brainer. Unless you really want to stay out east with the easier travel schedule or something like that. Or the owner who's willing to spend.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Why would he leave Detroit for St.Louis? They have a core that chokes every playoffs and outside of Tarasenko and Pietrangelo what do they have long term that's really such a premium piece??

I just don't see how he would take another team besides Buffalo if he does end up moving on. We have 3 top pairing/future top pairing D in Bogo, Risto and Zads. He has two franchise centers in place with Eichel and Reinhart. He has the shutdown 50 point stud in Girgensons. A legit first line power forward winger in Kane and then two more top 6 pieces in Ennis and Moulson. The only thing we lack is a goalie. And there's no shortage of those in the league that's available.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If Babcock leaves Detroit for somewhere other than Buffalo, and the Wings promote Blashill, it's going to be Defcon 2 up in here again like it was in the first week of April. :laugh:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If Babcock leaves Detroit for somewhere other than Buffalo, and the Wings promote Blashill, it's going to be Defcon 2 up in here again like it was in the first week of April. :laugh:

No it's not.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
No it's not.

I'm not so sure. Many have really hitched their wagon to Babs, and made this about so much more than just getting a hockey coach (civic pride, reaffirmation of the past 2.5 seasons, positioning to get future talent, etc.).

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I just watched the reporters on TSN and they mentioned nothing of this except for Buffalo and Toronto. So I doubt it's true.

Dude has 200 followers and isn't even involved with Detroit. Seems stupid that St. Louis and San Jose would jump in now when Holland and Babcock aren't even in the states, and after already saying he'd have a decision in a few days.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Since nobody wants to believe it because the guy only has 200 twitter followers.

http://www.foxsports.com/detroit/story/babcock-s-suitors-now-five-including-red-wings-051715

San Jose and St. Louis have joined Buffalo and Toronto in asking permission to speak with Red Wings coach Mike Babcock, who has said he expects to have a decision about his future by Wednesday.

Babcock planned to return after today's gold medal game between Canada and Russia in the World Hockey Championships in Prague. An NHL source said he believes Babcock will meet with San Jose General Manager Doug Wilson on his return, probably on Monday. Babcock previously met with Toronto and Buffalo, and it's likely he met with St. Louis GM Doug Armstrong, who also attended the Worlds in the Czech Republic.

Neither Philadelphia nor Edmonton -- both widely speculated to be among the contenders for Babcock's services -- have sought permission from the Wings, the source said.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Dude has 200 followers and isn't even involved with Detroit. Seems stupid that St. Louis and San Jose would jump in now when Holland and Babcock aren't even in the states, and after already saying he'd have a decision in a few days.

He's a former beat writer for the Dallas Morning News & the Detroit Free Press.

And he said Hull's no goal was obviously illegal.

Seems like a wise and learned individual.

Bps21*

I don't think anyone doesn't know the goal was illegal. All you ever hear is "Buffalo still crying about it" not "Good goal". It was a straight ******* from the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad