Prospect Info: 2015 21st overall - Colin White (C/RW) USNTDP, going to Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
But Larkin left Michigan as a 19 year old and would have needed over 9 games in the NHL to burn the year. If he had been 20 he would have only needed one.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Sorry for the dumb question, but him being an unsigned guy at the moment, if he does in fact sign is he eligible for the playoffs? I'm unclear, I would have thought no, except I remember Silf coming over that year and suiting up vs. the Rags.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Sorry for the dumb question, but him being an unsigned guy at the moment, if he does in fact sign is he eligible for the playoffs? I'm unclear, I would have thought no, except I remember Silf coming over that year and suiting up vs. the Rags.

Silf already had a contract, he came over from SEL. White would not be eligible for the playoffs because he had to complete the NCAA season before turning pro.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
As if we dont want too add this guy for a playoff stretch,WE CANT SCORE TO SAVE OUR LIVES !!!!An ATO come the hell on ,give the kid a shot here :nod:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone have an recent examples of college guys coming in this late and burning a year? I really can't think of any.. don't think its common by any means

Bobby Butler - 2 games
Stephane Da Costa - 4 games
Jesse Winchester - 1 game

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
Bobby Butler - 2 games
Stephane Da Costa - 4 games
Jesse Winchester - 1 game

I dont think any of those were drafted prospects though, usually that game to burn off a year is a requirement to get college free agents signed. Owned prospects are different though.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I dont think any of those were drafted prospects though, usually that game to burn off a year is a requirement to get college free agents signed. Owned prospects are different though.

Yup. All were undrafted college free agents.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Big Fat Garrioch confirmed in one of his articles about signing White that if he comes and plays some games it will burn a year off his ELC so that's why he floated the idea of a PTO/ATO where he would play in Bingo and not burn a year of his ELC, which he would then sign in the summer.

I suspect he'll sign his ELC and play a game or two and burn off a year.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Big Fat Garrioch confirmed in one of his articles about signing White that if he comes and plays some games it will burn a year off his ELC so that's why he floated the idea of a PTO/ATO where he would play in Bingo and not burn a year of his ELC, which he would then sign in the summer.

Be nice. I think Bruce has improved(at least slightly) during the last few years. Probably having to do with not being around Brennan as much.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Yea Garrioch has certainly improved these past few years. Brennan on the other hand...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Why would he want to play in Bingo? The team is terrible.

Colin White will dictate what happens with him. If Dorion even mentions the Bingo idea, I would just laugh and walk away. Colin White deserves to at least be around the big club throughout the playoff run. If Dorion and the organization want to **** the kid off already, they are heading down the right path (again, if the ATO assumption is correct).

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Colin White will dictate what happens with him. If Dorion even mentions the Bingo idea, I would just laugh and walk away. Colin White deserves to at least be around the big club throughout the playoff run. If Dorion and the organization want to **** the kid off already, they are heading down the right path (again, if the ATO assumption is correct).

He can easily play in bingo then be called up at the end of the season to practice with the team during the playoffs

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

This is a bit extreme. Mentioning some bingo games this year isn't going to **** anyone off

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Yea Garrioch has certainly improved these past few years. Brennan on the other hand...

He has seemed to really focus on looking and behaving more professionally with the TV gigs he's getting. Even just superficially his suits look much better and he seems to have slimmed down. Good for him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Be nice. I think Bruce has improved(at least slightly) during the last few years. Probably having to do with not being around Brennan as much.

Agreed. No need to make negative comments about people because of their looks.

PS: good thing we don't have to post our pics on here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad