Prospect Info: 2015 21st overall - Colin White (C/RW) USNTDP, going to Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
omg....
panic-button-large-290x300.jpg

More than an hour after you comment and no news about the contract... i'm worried.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
What a joke.

He could have signed and made it in time for the OT PP...he isn't committed to Senators winning so I say let him go to FA

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm starting to think the guys that say they aren't worried at all are actually the most scared behind the screens. You guys talk more than the worry warts. "Ohh look he's done hahaha now it's time to panic Ha Ha Ha Ha. WHOs panicking not me?!"

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Can thread be named something to the effect of the Colin White signing watch. Am someone more clever than I think of a better name

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If the kid is serious about his schooling, he'll at least complete his year and final exams before signing with Ottawa. It only makes sense.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
If the kid is serious about his schooling, he'll at least complete his year and final exams before signing with Ottawa. It only makes sense.

He does not get expelled for signing.. he just can not play in the NCAA anymore. If he has no intentions to return next season, then he can still sign and even do the course material and exams while training with the team to finish this year out.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He does not get expelled for signing.. he just can not play in the NCAA anymore. If he has no intentions to return next season, then he can still sign and even do the course material and exams while training with the team to finish this year out.

True, but it depends on what classes he is taking. If it's something where he needs access to labs and specific facilities, I doubt those could be done as distance learning courses.

Of course, chances are he is taking "golf 101" or some crap like that just for a paper degree.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm starting to think the guys that say they aren't worried at all are actually the most scared behind the screens. You guys talk more than the worry warts. "Ohh look he's done hahaha now it's time to panic Ha Ha Ha Ha. WHOs panicking not me?!"

Yeah or they think it's silly that people were panicing while he was still in his season and therefore couldn't be signed.

There was NOTHING to suggest he woudln't sign. At the same time there was nothing to suggest he would. That's why even going on about it was pretty silly.

But anyway, panic away!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Even if Boucher has no intentions of playing White id like to see him signed so he is practcing with the team and gets to live the intensity of a Playoff push. He can also start learning he systems and will know whats expected of him. If there are a bunch of injuries its nice insurance to have.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'd laugh if White said:

"I was about to sign with Ottawa and then I read this thread on HF and starting thinking......... that never occurred to me. Maybe those guys are right...... hmmm?"

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
True, but it depends on what classes he is taking. If it's something where he needs access to labs and specific facilities, I doubt those could be done as distance learning courses.

Of course, chances are he is taking "golf 101" or some crap like that just for a paper degree.

How do you know he's serious about his schooling.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I'd laugh if White said:

"I was about to sign with Ottawa and then I read this thread on HF and starting thinking......... that never occurred to me. Maybe those guys are right...... hmmm?"

Colin! Finish your semester! Look at Ken Dryden!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Based on my golfing experience, I could really benefit from Golf 101!

I don't know what faculty he is in but the probability is physed.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Morrissey College doesn't offer Phys Ed. Their Biology major doesn't offer a Kinesiology program either.

Art History

Biochemistry

Biology

Chemistry

Classical Studies

Communication

Computer Science

Economics

English

Environmental Geoscience

Environmental Studies

Film Studies

French

Geological Sciences

German Studies

Hispanic Studies

History

Independent Major

International Studies

Islamic Civilization and Societies

Italian

Linguistics

Mathematics

Music

Philosophy

Physics

Political Science

Psychology

Russian

Slavic Studies

Sociology

Studio Art

Theater

Theology

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How do you know he's serious about his schooling.

I have no idea. But he's gone this far in his second year, he might as well finish it. But like I said, depends on the classes, too. If he's doing those fake athlete type courses, well...then who cares.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/prospect-colin-white-available-but-not-yet-on-deck-to-play-for-the-senators

Not sure if Randy Lee vs Dorion doing this has any meaning.

Garrioch still talking about possibility of asking him to start in Bingo.

I think White is ready. I think it would help him most to be with the big team now. I hope they are successful in signing him one way or another.

I'm skeptical about Randy lee doing anything.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm sure White's agent is pushing for some kind of guarantee that CW will get into a game and burn a year off his ELC. Based on the depth we added at the dealine and Dorion's recent comments it doesn't seem like that's the organizations plan. Hard to argue that he wouldn't be better than Kelly for spot-duty, but I definitely believe the Sens would like him to go to Bingo.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm sure White's agent is pushing for some kind of guarantee that CW will get into a game and burn a year off his ELC. Based on the depth we added at the dealine and Dorion's recent comments it doesn't seem like that's the organizations plan. Hard to argue that he wouldn't be better than Kelly for spot-duty, but I definitely believe the Sens would like him to go to Bingo.
If that's what he wants let him get a game and then play some in bingo.
He won't cost us a game. But then again we didn't trust chabot enough except to play him in one game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

These people are all very familiar with what is going on in Bingo re the quality of the team , team mates, play etc... I could see them balking at that but ... If he has his ELC in hand , he may agree. Like I said before .. if its a matter of burning a year on the ELC , just do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad