Prospect Info: 2015 21st overall - Colin White (C/RW) USNTDP, going to Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Burning a year of his ELC isn't as terrible for the club as it might sound. It gets White one year closer to his next contract, where he is still under club control and won't necessarily have the numbers to justify a bank busting deal. That whole "burn off a year" thing can cut both ways...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
For those who are interested, he's in Economics. And he seems pretty serious about it.

So....how would it work for him if he want's to continue his studies here in Ottawa (as an online student)? I'm pretty sure either Carleton or Ottawa U would have some sort of support for distance students to help accommodate other university programs and such?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
So....how would it work for him if he want's to continue his studies here in Ottawa (as an online student)? I'm pretty sure either Carleton or Ottawa U would have some sort of support for distance students to help accommodate other university programs and such?

Most universities allow athletes to come back and complete their degrees at a later date too which is certainly what I would do in his case.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Most universities allow athletes to come back and complete their degrees at a later date too which is certainly what I would do in his case.

And catch up or take some courses over the summers.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think Colin is waiting for an agreement from the front office in regards to him playing in the NHL right away. Either Dzingel or Kelly can come out for this guy. He's ready to go.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Colin is waiting for an agreement from the front office in regards to him playing in the NHL right away. Either Dzingel or Kelly can come out for this guy. He's ready to go.

He might be ready to go to Bellville & not Ottawa though.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014

I'm just confident he'll sign. Sorry lol!

Anyways, I don't really care if he's in Ottawa or Belleville, but if he's in Belleville Kurt Kleinindorst needs to go. Can't have him messing up White,Chlapik,Perron and Hogberg.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

What? lol No offense even if you watched White all season knowing if he is ready to bump out a player like Dzingel is A setting your expecations too high and B not very likely.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

dzingel? Yeah right lol

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If your the agent you'd probably push to burn a year off his ELC that way you get paid again in 2 years to negotiate his next deal.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Sign him obviously, but there's no rush.

He just finished a full season + playoffs. Let him rest a bit and heal. Give him the chance to come in fresh and perform at the level he is able, whether that is in Bingo or with the Sens.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He might be ready to go to Bellville & not Ottawa though.

I think he holds the cards and is saying look I will sign if you promise I will play in the NHL. If you want me to go ride the bus in the AHL I will stick to my guns and go back to BC next year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think he holds the cards and is saying look I will sign if you promise I will play in the NHL. If you want me to go ride the bus in the AHL I will stick to my guns and go back to BC next year.

White gets NHL games next year. There's no question about it

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Anyone have an recent examples of college guys coming in this late and burning a year? I really can't think of any.. don't think its common by any means

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
Miles Wood from BC 2015-16- 1 game NJD
Chris Kreider from BC 2011-12- NYR playoffs
John Hayden from Yale 2016-17 - Chicago - played his first game last week against OTT ?
Steve Santini 2015-16 from BC - 1 game NJD
John Gaudreau 2013-14 from BC - 1 game Calgary
Hudson Fasching from Minnesota - 2015-16 - 7 games Buffalo

Just some off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad