OT: 2015-2016 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Off-Season

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
He could, but Willy is our unquestioned starter going into camp next year. Now, compare that to Montreal, where neither Crompton or Cato have really turned heads to lock down a job next season. Survival instincts says he has a better chance at getting a chance in Montreal than he does here.

don't know about that...they seem to be pretty high on bridge and they have a few others like boone and marsh....maybe he wasn't crazy about our offence

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Just how low can Miller and the Blue Bombers stoop, taking back tickets offered to high-school football teams, the Blue Bombers offered each high school football team 50 tickets each to the Grey Cup, they then phone all the high schools and tell them they will only be offering each team 35 tickets. Incredible.

Now a Union is taking Bombers, CFL to court over cancelled contract, Local 63 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees has filed a statement of claim in Court of Queen's Bench against the Bombers and the Canadian Football League, over working the Grey Cup Half-Time Show.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/11/25/union-sues-over-grey-cup-half-time-show

It's almost like the Blue Bombers crave attention and they'll gladly take bad press to get it!:shakehead

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Just how low can Miller and the Blue Bombers stoop, taking back tickets offered to high-school football teams, the Blue Bombers offered each high school football team 50 tickets each to the Grey Cup, they then phone all the high schools and tell them they will only be offering each team 35 tickets. Incredible.

Now a Union is taking Bombers, CFL to court over cancelled contract, Local 63 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees has filed a statement of claim in Court of Queen's Bench against the Bombers and the Canadian Football League, over working the Grey Cup Half-Time Show.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/11/25/union-sues-over-grey-cup-half-time-show

It's almost like the Blue Bombers crave attention and they'll gladly take bad press to get it!:shakehead
Where did you read the Bombers are taking back tickets they gave to schools? Do you have a link?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Yeah so I am friends with the head coach of high school football team who did receive these tickets. And this is plain not true.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Yeah so I am friends with the head coach of high school football team who did receive these tickets. And this is plain not true.

Well another high school coach says differently and said that the 50 offered is now 35. Who you want to believe is up to you but then again different schools may have been offered different amounts of tickets based on team size etc.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
So, the union is a noted trouble maker and the high school teams may or my not have had their ticket allocation cut?

Much ado about nothing then? Is that where we're at?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So, the union is a noted trouble maker and the high school teams may or my not have had their ticket allocation cut?

Much ado about nothing then? Is that where we're at?

Yes and I blame Chevy and TNSE for all of it!;)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I look forward to being able to laugh when the Redblacks win. Because that means two things;

Since the last Bomber grey cup win, literally every team in the league will have at least one cup to their name in the span since 1990. In a 9 team league.

And;

An expansion team with a grand total of 37 games played along with being the worst team in the history of Canadian football offensively last year, somehow got their **** together in the span of a year while the Bombers somehow got worse, despite making improvements through free agency.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Just saw a tweet that the game finally sold out. I imagine the weather forecast helped lol.

If they would have actually sold the tickets instead of give them away they would have been about 2k short of a sell out.....

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I look forward to being able to laugh when the Redblacks win. Because that means two things;

Since the last Bomber grey cup win, literally every team in the league will have at least one cup to their name in the span since 1990. In a 9 team league.

And;

An expansion team with a grand total of 37 games played along with being the worst team in the history of Canadian football offensively last year, somehow got their **** together in the span of a year while the Bombers somehow got worse, despite making improvements through free agency.

I expect the Redblacks Cinderella story to come to a screeching halt on Sunday, but that doesn't make the Bomber situation any less pathetic. And I'm sorry, this isn't on Joe Mack any longer. Walters, McManus and O'Shea, Attorneys at Incompetence, need to own this now.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Any word on OC for the big blue? Im thinking they follow the trend and find a former QB. Could it be Buck, or another former QB? This team is close, and will take strides next year if they find a good OC and if Willy stays healthy.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I expect the Redblacks Cinderella story to come to a screeching halt on Sunday, but that doesn't make the Bomber situation any less pathetic. And I'm sorry, this isn't on Joe Mack any longer. Walters, McManus and O'Shea, Attorneys at Incompetence, need to own this now.

We'll see. Edmonton is going to be in tough against that insane pass game Ottawa has. Their offense is going to need to come out firing because if Ottawa gets up early, they likely stay up.

Edmonton's defense is damn good, but even they can only do so much if the offense decides to sputter along.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
We'll see. Edmonton is going to be in tough against that insane pass game Ottawa has. Their offense is going to need to come out firing because if Ottawa gets up early, they likely stay up.

Edmonton's defense is damn good, but even they can only do so much if the offense decides to sputter along.

Ottawa barely beat a Hamilton team decimated by injuries playing their 4th string qb. The real Grey Cup happened last Sunday in the West Semi-Final.

Edm 31
Ott 21

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Just saw a tweet that the game finally sold out. I imagine the weather forecast helped lol.
Bombers did some big last minute trades, to call the game sold out.

Last edited:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Bombers did some big last minute trades, to call the game sold out.

I thought about commenting on this, but it's just too easy to ride the Negativity Express with this organization.

So, Go Eskies Go! Make it a three-peat for prairie teams, and next year, maybe the Bombers will make it four. There's always hope for next year.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Looking forward to the GC. The one I feel for is Matt Nichols. A few years in plugging away in Edmonton and pulling his weight while the starter went down, only to be traded to Winnipeg in the year the Eskimos play for the Cup.

That really sucks.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Looking forward to the GC. The one I feel for is Matt Nichols. A few years in plugging away in Edmonton and pulling his weight while the starter went down, only to be traded to Winnipeg in the year the Eskimos play for the Cup.

That really sucks.

Esks were going to release Nichols, he was fourth on their depth chart once Reilly returned.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Esks were going to release Nichols, he was fourth on their depth chart once Reilly returned.

Perhaps, for sure that was an outcome. Or not, it is impossible to say whether he was going to stay or not because he never got the chance to be in that position. In any case, I feel for the dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: