OT: 2015-2016 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Off-Season

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
love that the REDBLACKS are doing well.

When they came back, I figured the bombers would be in a better position player wise if they folded for a year and came back as an expansion franchise under the same rules.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Fair enough but they only need 35,000 people to afford it, that shouldn't be hard. If the Grey Cup doesn't have that kind of value, it's not the Bombers problem. A national championship game in professional sports should be worth $350 to enough people. I don't understand people's valuation of the game and what it's based on, other than their own personal situation.

If you asked 10 Winnipeg sports fans if they'd rather see 1 Grey Cup without the Bombers in it or 11 Bomber games for the same price, what do you think they would choose?

Put another way, would you rather see 11 Jets games, or 1 game of a Stanley Cup Final with two teams you could care less about?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If you asked 10 Winnipeg sports fans if they'd rather see 1 Grey Cup without the Bombers in it or 11 Bomber games for the same price, what do you think they would choose?

Put another way, would you rather see 11 Jets games, or 1 game of a Stanley Cup Final with two teams you could care less about?

As a season ticket holder who goes to lots of Jets games I think I'd trade a 11 of them to be in someone elses building if the cup was won. Be a hell of a interesting experience.

Sorry, but wouldn't pay much to go to a Grey cup game without the Bombers. Though the last time the Grey Cup was here I went on a freebie and enjoyed it.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
What? BLASPHEMY!

(But yeah, I'm almost there myself and I moved mid-season!)

I don't think it's time to fire O'Shea - one more season for him I think.

For me its like being in a bad relationship. You stick with it for a long time because they keep promising that they'll change and they show you just enough to make you think that change is imminent. Eventually though, you leave and find someone else thats willing to take the relationship seriously and through leaving your ex maybe gets the picture that they have a problem. Sometimes it takes multiple dumpings.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
For me its like being in a bad relationship. You stick with it for a long time because they keep promising that they'll change and they show you just enough to make you think that change is imminent. Eventually though, you leave and find someone else thats willing to take the relationship seriously and through leaving your ex maybe gets the picture that they have a problem. Sometimes it takes multiple dumpings.

For me I hate your analogy. Since it proclaims everyone who stays with the team as stupid. It doesn't make sense.

Support whatever team you want but don't deride people who have grown up loving and supporting a team for sticking with the team through thick and thin. It's not "abusive", it's the reality of sports fandom that bad times happen. It's your choice to continue to support the team or be a bandwagon fan. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing to be a bandwagon fan, but don't try and look down on diehard fans.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
And the cycle of self-inflicted pain continues.
2 months ago I said, "I don't want to get season tickets again."
A few weeks ago I was speaking with my uncle and he asks if we wanted season tickets and I said, "Yeah, sure."
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

That has nothing to do with price, it has to do with interest, and the home team is rarely in the Grey Cup.

I agree with you, Winnipeggers and people in general aren't interested, price is lower on the list as to why than people are making out.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
for me i hate your analogy. Since it proclaims everyone who stays with the team as stupid. It doesn't make sense.

Support whatever team you want but don't deride people who have grown up loving and supporting a team for sticking with the team through thick and thin. It's not "abusive", it's the reality of sports fandom that bad times happen. It's your choice to continue to support the team or be a bandwagon fan. And i'm not saying that's a bad thing to be a bandwagon fan, but don't try and look down on diehard fans.

Oh my god holden it was a joke!!!!!!!!!! Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I feel like im taking crazy pills!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatschoonerrat

Jul 6, 2007
Charleston
hockeyfansunion.com
I was just chatting with a friend at work about what ever happened to Tajh Boyd -- we both went to Clemson, where Tajh played college ball. Anyway, I googled him, and it turns out he played for the Bombers this year. Since I don't keep up with the CFL, can anyone tell me how he played for you guys? Thanks!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I was just chatting with a friend at work about what ever happened to Tajh Boyd -- we both went to Clemson, where Tajh played college ball. Anyway, I googled him, and it turns out he played for the Bombers this year. Since I don't keep up with the CFL, can anyone tell me how he played for you guys? Thanks!

I'm not sure he even made the game day roster.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

He was released, apparently his attitude stunk.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Asper is an arrogant idiot. Time to change to an elected BoD's. Sell 1-$100 share per fan + season tic holders vote.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Thank god Bellefeuile is gone. Interested to see who they reel in for that position.

I would mind seeing LaPolice there. Seems like a good fit?

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Bellefuille not renewed...... In other news, winter in Winnipeg is cold.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario

He never played. He was just on the practice roster, basically 4th or 5th string. There were reportedly some "issues" but no one explained what those were. Someone else picked him up after he was released -- Montreal?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
MOS back for a 3rd season, better find a good OC and management needs to get him some better players or we will relive this year next.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
That has nothing to do with price, it has to do with interest, and the home team is rarely in the Grey Cup.

I agree with you, Winnipeggers and people in general aren't interested, price is lower on the list as to why than people are making out.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the price, because the market doesn't value a ticket to the Grey Cup at the price they are selling for.

Makes it an impossible sell with casual fans of the sport, even engaged fans. The reason why they had to offer deep discounts to STH, even with a 3 year contract. Most of those people are in the bag. There's about 17000 of them who will never stop going to games barring death.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

He was released. ON a Bomber forum I visit some suspect he asked for his release because he wanted to try out for an NFL team next season, not because he sucked in practice. He never did make a gameday roster by the way.

Then shortly after his release the Montreal Alouettes signed him. I'm thinking part of the reason he wanted his release is he didn't want to be here. Too bad because he could have a future in the CFL as a starter.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
It has EVERYTHING to do with the price, because the market doesn't value a ticket to the Grey Cup at the price they are selling for.

Makes it an impossible sell with casual fans of the sport, even engaged fans. The reason why they had to offer deep discounts to STH, even with a 3 year contract. Most of those people are in the bag. There's about 17000 of them who will never stop going to games barring death.

C'mon, you act like the ticket prices are up tenfold over years past, they aren't. A national title game should not have a problem selling out 35,000 tickets at those prices unless the marketing has been horrible, which it has. If the league and team did a better job selling interest, the prices wouldn't be an issue.

I will concede the Bombers and Riders sucking as much as the did played a part.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He was released. ON a Bomber forum I visit some suspect he asked for his release because he wanted to try out for an NFL team next season, not because he sucked in practice. He never did make a gameday roster by the way.

Then shortly after his release the Montreal Alouettes signed him. I'm thinking part of the reason he wanted his release is he didn't want to be here. Too bad because he could have a future in the CFL as a starter.

He could, but Willy is our unquestioned starter going into camp next year. Now, compare that to Montreal, where neither Crompton or Cato have really turned heads to lock down a job next season. Survival instincts says he has a better chance at getting a chance in Montreal than he does here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00