Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Roster Talk (Part IV): Darby Hendrickson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
If Gormley just plays well this season as a regular that should be enough to get Tippett fired. We absolutely can not have a coach that refuses to develop our youth. If we were a team that signed top end FAs instead of Tippett's slow, non-scoring buddies it might be ok. Turris should still be a sore spot for this organization. Having Gormley leave and turn right into a regular should be a solid kick in the nuts.

If Gormley is a top 4 D on Colorado all year, there defense will suck. DM/Tip are not poor talent evaluaters. They had years to watch Gormley develop and his game it not NHL top 4 worthy. Same with Runblad, Chicago fans hate him. Gormley/Runblad were high picks that wound up as border line NHL players, it happens to every organization, should have picked somebody else.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Forwards at the top of the draft are much more reliable.

I hope we use our top pick on a forward again, then the next two on d men.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I was in Anaheim for Ducks/Avs on Thursday (oh, the things we do for women ...) and based off that viewing, Gormley isn't off to a great start. Lost speed battles. Lost physical battles. Turned the puck over. He wasn't terrible but he wasn't great either. Yes, it's the Ducks, but I didn't see a guy who looks likely to hold down a top 4 role in COL.

You know who that sounds like?

Brandon Gormley. :)

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
If Gormley is a top 4 D on Colorado all year, there defense will suck. DM/Tip are not poor talent evaluaters. They had years to watch Gormley develop and his game it not NHL top 4 worthy. Same with Runblad, Chicago fans hate him. Gormley/Runblad were high picks that wound up as border line NHL players, it happens to every organization, should have picked somebody else.

Precisely and there D has been poor for several years, so I would not be surprised if he does become a regular there. He's no longer a Yote, so I can no longer honestly even wish him the best.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Nothing too appealing on waivers today. We didn't waive anyone either so if we're making a move it'll have to be by trade to stay at or below the 23 roster limit.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Byron is a great 4th line player, better than anything the Coyotes have. But he's 5'7, so he doesn't even get the conversation started.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I've been a Tipp supporter, but I'm coming around. Very few coaches long tenured coaches, in any sport, can miss the playoffs 4 straight seasons and keep their jobs regardless of the circumstances.

Vigneault gets fired in Van after taking the Canucks to 5 straight playoff appearance, including a Cup final.

Laviolette takes Philly to 3 straight playoff appearances, wins at least 1 round in each and gets to a Cup final. Misses the playoffs his 4th year and gets run 3 games into his 5th.

Boudreau makes playoffs first 4 seasons in Wash, gets fired during the 5th. Bylsma never misses the playoffs in Pittsburgh, wins a cup....fired. Hitch 5 straight playoff seasons in Dallas including a Cup, fired in his 6th season.

Tipp is the 3rd longest tenured NHL coach (behind Julian & Q), yet has the 5th lowest winning percentage and 3 of the guys behind him (Capuano, Richards and Hartley) all figure to pass him this season.

Barring a small miracle, this will be Tipp's last season in AZ.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Tippett said himself how disgusted he was with last season, and that he simply can't see himself doing it again. Yet, that's exactly what's going to happen this season, so it's now down to how many games and losses he endures before walking out.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
As long as his replacement doesn't come from the bad side of the coaching tree (Hitch, Bylsma and the like), I'll be thrilled when he is fired.

Tippett said himself how disgusted he was with last season, and that he simply can't see himself doing it again. Yet, that's exactly what's going to happen this season, so it's now down to how many games and losses he endures before walking out.

If he walks, that would be the classy thing to do. He'd be forfeiting his salary, freeing the Coyotes of having to pay for him until he finds another job. Not saying he should do that, but it would be a nice gesture, given that he's fully aware of the problems the organization faces. Not like he won't immediately double his salary and then some anyways.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Tippett and GMDM aren't going as long as ownership likes those 2. If only AB was still the majority owner.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've been a Tipp supporter, but I'm coming around. Very few coaches long tenured coaches, in any sport, can miss the playoffs 4 straight seasons and keep their jobs regardless of the circumstances.

Vigneault gets fired in Van after taking the Canucks to 5 straight playoff appearance, including a Cup final.

Laviolette takes Philly to 3 straight playoff appearances, wins at least 1 round in each and gets to a Cup final. Misses the playoffs his 4th year and gets run 3 games into his 5th.

Boudreau makes playoffs first 4 seasons in Wash, gets fired during the 5th. Bylsma never misses the playoffs in Pittsburgh, wins a cup....fired. Hitch 5 straight playoff seasons in Dallas including a Cup, fired in his 6th season.

Tipp is the 3rd longest tenured NHL coach (behind Julian & Q), yet has the 5th lowest winning percentage and 3 of the guys behind him (Capuano, Richards and Hartley) all figure to pass him this season.

Barring a small miracle, this will be Tipp's last season in AZ.

Good post. If he gets fired next summer it will be a full year too late.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
A veteran team would hire him. He'd be right back to work probably at a higher salary if he resigned.
He'd be the SJ coach now if he left AZ after last season. They'll probably be a good team in the Atlantic or Central that misses the playoffs.......good spot for him.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I'm so worried to open HF and see "Confirmed with links: Arizona Coyotes claim [insert garbage player] off of waivers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad