Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Roster Talk (Part IV): Darby Hendrickson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm so worried to open HF and see "Confirmed with links: Arizona Coyotes claim [insert garbage player] off of waivers."

Byron is a much better player than Chip and Vitale. Wouldn't have been upset if they claimed him. But your statement should read "Tippett asks for player, Maloney happily accommodates."

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Byron is a much better player than Chip and Vitale. Wouldn't have been upset if they claimed him. But your statement should read "Tippett asks for player, Maloney happily accommodates."

I wouldn't mind picking up Panik and sending Martinook down. Or better yet waiving or trading Chipchura.

We have kids in the minors that are better players than these two, so why in hell do would you want to claim these two. Thank god you two are not our GM.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Maybe since we're techinically paying him, he offered to occasionally be a consultant as a nice gesture? IDK really.

Hell, he can't be worse than Playfair. Let him coach. Department of player safety long term injured reserve coach hall of famer Chris Pronger.

Feb 12, 2003
I'm guessing he had to officially come to the team doctors so that they could deem him unable to play due to his injuries before they can put him on the LTIR. That's my guess at least.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So what are expectations for Dahlbeck this year

I expect he will turn out to be a good 2nd pairing guy for you in longrun

He'll be overplayed on the 2nd pairing and swamped when the Coyotes inevitably fail to sustain any sort of offensive pressure. I like him, but it's going to be painful when OEL isn't on the ice.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't mind picking up Panik and sending Martinook down. Or better yet waiving or trading Chipchura.

IIRC we put in a claim for Panik when Tampa waived him last year. Toronto was ahead of us in the waiver priority.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Why? So we collect an extra 3 points at the end of the year? I want Martinook to get his rookie year out of the way this year. We should devote this year to allowing Domi, Duclair and Martinook to gain experience in the show, and bring up 3 more at the trade deadline to give them playing experience as well.

We are rebuilding, so let's rebuild, for goodness sake.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Why? So we collect an extra 3 points at the end of the year? I want Martinook to get his rookie year out of the way this year. We should devote this year to allowing Domi, Duclair and Martinook to gain experience in the show, and bring up 3 more at the trade deadline to give them playing experience as well.

Agreed. Gotta stay the course no matter how thick the storm gets.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Panik is all of 24 years old. He had 11 goals with fourth line ice time.

Don't get me wrong, he's as inconsistent as they come, but he's got some real skill and potential. He'd be a long shot, but we're not exactly loaded up front. At the cost of a waiver claim, I don't think I'd be disappointed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Panik is all of 24 years old. He had 11 goals with fourth line ice time.

Don't get me wrong, he's as inconsistent as they come, but he's got some real skill and potential. He'd be a long shot, but we're not exactly loaded up front. At the cost of a waiver claim, I don't think I'd be disappointed.

With third and fourth liners we are loaded, it's the top three where we are lacking.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He's 24 years old. There's a much better chance of him developing into something notable than most of our third/fourth liners. It's a long shot, but we could use an extra lottery ticket.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Panik is a LHS winger on a one-way deal. He's also wildly inconsistent, and at an age where he is what he is. I'd just as soon play Martinook or Plachta. Obviously I'd prefer Panik to Chipchura. But claiming Panik doesn't magically make Chipchura go away.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Panik is a LHS winger on a one-way deal. He's also wildly inconsistent, and at an age where he is what he is. I'd just as soon play Martinook or Plachta. Obviously I'd prefer Panik to Chipchura. But claiming Panik doesn't magically make Chipchura go away.

This is how I see it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad