WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Yep this was all very uncharacteristic of him. He's a low event player who has played in very high pressure situations. It would be wise to limit his minutes a little more though.
Yeah last night was bizarre. He was skating the puck through the neutral zone and into the oilers zone multiple times. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do that the whole season

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We have a chance to put them under huge pressure if we can pull game 2 out of the bag.

They were already under the weight of massive expectation going into this. If we can get into Skinner’s head too this could be huge for us.

I think the Canucks are already in Skinners head. Vancouver isn’t a fun place to play, the pressure on him is huge and it’ll show game 2.

Reactions: Indiana

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada

Edmonton Oilers forward Evander Kane reportedly engaged in heated arguments with several fellow teammates in the locker room after the team choked and gave up a 4-1 lead, ultimately losing 5-4 in devastating fashion to the Vancouver Canucks in game 1.

Kane reportedly left the locker room early, visibly upset.

7pIKURP.jpg

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Now, now we must not be so rough with our toys! We do not break our toys when playing with them and especially when they don't belong to us.

Little Billy Edmonton be like
30668703.gif

Now I want us to be on our best behavior, be polite and apologize,

• Love

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
So do we take Cole out of the lineup or what?

Not that Juulsen is an upgrade, but that was legitimately the worst game I've seen from a Canucks defenceman that I can remember.

Not only was he directly responsible for 3 goals against, he also killed a number of promising offensive plays.

Even his assist was because he missed the net by mistake.

Like Silovs, I think you give Cole a chance to redeem himself. He was phenomenal against Nashville. I'd definitely manage his minutes though. Hronek should be ready to slide down if needed and/or Myers/Soucy up.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Cole had 1 (really) bad period.

He was great against Nashville, recovered and was good the rest of the way yesterday, and there is a 0% chance he comes out of the lineup.

And are people forgetting how bad Juulsen looked in the game he got into against Nashville?
Yeah if we knew we were getting December/January Juulsen I'd be fine with it, but his play has cratered down the stretch and I'd rather see Friedman in the lineup despite Juulsen being a good penalty killer... and that's only if someone is banged up. Cole has been great.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Yeah if we knew we were getting December/January Juulsen I'd be fine with it, but his play has cratered down the stretch and I'd rather see Friedman in the lineup despite Juulsen being a good penalty killer... and that's only if someone is banged up. Cole has been great.
Cole had mistakes but he was decent for most of the game. He was a warrior in the first round

Soucy had a bad first round and no one was clamouring for him to get out of the lineup

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Yeah, Juulsen got in a pretty good groove when he played 30 games in a row or whatever in the middle of the season but since Soucy returned and everyone has been healthy and he's been only getting a game or two here and there he's really struggled and looked *very* rusty and behind the play. There is no way he gets in unless he has to. And yeah, based on how Juulsen looked in that Nashville game I'd be more comfortable with Friedman.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Cole had 1 (really) bad period.

He was great against Nashville, recovered and was good the rest of the way yesterday, and there is a 0% chance he comes out of the lineup.

And are people forgetting how bad Juulsen looked in the game he got into against Nashville?
Ya, I agree. Cole was no where near as bad as people think, but people are more focused on results than process.

On the first penalty, they didn't really show an extended replay, so its hard to say whether it was Cole's fault or the departing player's fault. It isn't always the fault of the player who jumps on the ice.

The deflection off him that went in was just bad luck.

And I don't think he played the Hyman goal too badly. He was unlucky that his stick hit Hyman's stick causing the shot/release to be unpredictable. 9/10 times he deflects the puck out of harms way.

He did look really bad on that reverse behind the net to no one, but that may have been a systems thing where someone was supposed to be there as the safety valve. Typically, the Canucks like the reverse downlow so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad