Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
... continue.

photo.php

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I wonder if there are two, or if there are three open forward spots to plug the kids into.

I think it's more like 1 and a half right now because I think we'll get a decent amount of nights where they go with a vet heavy lineup. Which puts Chip on the third line some times.

They should probably ship out Vitale or God willing Chip. Then bump Downie down a line.

But DM also said he said he still wants another scoring piece so we'll see.

Figure if someone doesn't get shipped out Chip/Vitale/Scott/one young player will rotate as scratches.

??? - Hanzal - Rieder
Doan - Vermette - Boedker
??? - Richardson - Downie
Vitale - Gordon - Chipchura.
Scott

I know it's been mentioned Doan playing 3rd line with Richardson but I'm not buying that one yet. Doan - Vermette - Boedker group is common but not consistent so I still expect that a good portion of the time.

To start we probably get one of the higher tier guys, probably Domi. And one of the middle tier types, probably Lessio. Lessio playing third line rotating as a scratch, ultimately getting sent down in favor of someone else.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I can see the Coyotes carrying 14 forwards and rotating the youngsters in and out of the roster, if management feels the need to pace them. Maybe there is another trade before the season starts?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I think it's more like 1 and a half right now because I think we'll get a decent amount of nights where they go with a vet heavy lineup. Which puts Chip on the third line some times.

They should probably ship out Vitale or God willing Chip. Then bump Downie down a line.

Figure if someone doesn't get shipped out Chip/Vitale/Scott/one young player will rotate as scratches.

??? - Hanzal - Rieder
Scott

I know it's been mentioned Doan playing 3rd line with Richardson but I'm not buying that one yet. Doan - Vermette - Boedker group is common but not consistent so I still expect that a good portion of the time.

To start we probably get one of the higher tier guys, probably Domi. And one of the middle tier types, probably Lessio. Lessio playing third line rotating as a scratch, ultimately getting sent down in favor of someone else.
Are you forgetting Duclair or omitting him for a reason? Because he's actually played in the NHL. I don't see how Domi could be ahead of him, let alone freaking Luke Lessio.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

??? - Hanzal - Rieder
Scott

My view:

Top 6: Hanzal/Vermette/Domi/Duclair/Bods/?

3rd line: Doan/Richardson/Reider

4th line: Gordon/Downie/?

If we pick up a scoring forward, the last spot on the top 2 lines gets filled. If we don't, Reider or Doan could move up into the top 2 lines and Downie up to the third line.

Last spot on the 4th line could be Vitale/Chip/Scott or whoever.

Bottom line, I think Domi/Duclair are in the top 6 for sure this year and I think we will roll 4 lines more often then last year.

We are the consensus worst team in the West this year according to any poll. I would bet plenty of money that we won't be last in the West.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Are you forgetting Duclair or omitting him for a reason? Because he's actually played in the NHL. I don't see how Domi could be ahead of him, let alone freaking Luke Lessio.

Well Domi is generally considered the better prospect so that's one. Maloney has said it's nearly a sure thing he's on the team so that's two. If we're using the "he's played in the NHL" card Lessio certainly wins out on that front but additionally he's played in Tip's system for 3 years since they ran the same stuff in Portland. And fourth, Lessio is simply scratchable. You don't want a prospect like Duclair being out every third game but Lessio at 22 years old? Not as much an issue.

I think Duclair is essentially the last cut. Since he's eligible for the AHL I think that's where he starts and eventually comes back up. Lessio wins in camp initially due to 200 ft play, system experience, and the role available.

I WANT to see both of them in the lineup. Call me a cynic but I don't think Tip is gonna do it. It's gonna be enough of an issue to have Domi full time. If after a month or so it looks like Domi is going to be able to handle the NHL they'll try and work another prospect in. Probably Duclair.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This will be an interesting camp for Lessio. In the past he's looked great competing against the Martinooks and Mieles of the world. Whole different ball game when he has to take a job from Domi, Duclair, Perlini, etc.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I guess I don't understand the point of acquiring another top 9 forward unless it fits into the long term plans. I don't see this roster as a playoff team, so why not start integrating the young talent? Take the long term view and call this season a wash.

Do they honestly think this a bubble team? It would take one hell of an acquisition for me to see it that way.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well Domi is generally considered the better prospect so that's one. Maloney has said it's nearly a sure thing he's on the team so that's two. If we're using the "he's played in the NHL" card Lessio certainly wins out on that front but additionally he's played in Tip's system for 3 years since they ran the same stuff in Portland. And fourth, Lessio is simply scratchable. You don't want a prospect like Duclair being out every third game but Lessio at 22 years old? Not as much an issue.

I think Duclair is essentially the last cut. Since he's eligible for the AHL I think that's where he starts and eventually comes back up. Lessio wins in camp initially due to 200 ft play, system experience, and the role available.

I WANT to see both of them in the lineup. Call me a cynic but I don't think Tip is gonna do it. It's gonna be enough of an issue to have Domi full time. If after a month or so it looks like Domi is going to be able to handle the NHL they'll try and work another prospect in. Probably Duclair.

I think you are selling yourself short on Duclair. Like hbk said, he is an elite prospect. Lessio on the other hand is kind of puzzling to me. He has all the physical tools and speed, not sure if he has the IQ. Training camp will be fun this year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I guess I don't understand the point of acquiring another top 9 forward unless it fits into the long term plans. I don't see this roster as a playoff team, so why not start integrating the young talent? Take the long term view and call this season a wash.

Do they honestly think this a bubble team? It would take one hell of an acquisition for me to see it that way.

I'm with you. Let's see what happens with what we have.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site

I think it would be the best if they could be kept and developed together. Whether there are spots on the roster on opening day for them or not, I hope that they get to continue to play on a line together, especially that they both have the vision, hockey sense, and mobility to complement each other very well, as we have seen. To begin with we can have a vet center (Vermette/Hanzal/Gordon if they stay in the NHL), to give them some coushin and to take the load of defensive responsibilities. Eventually they may wind up with another youngster that's proven to work well in that style (Dvorak).

Either way, I think they will both be with the big club by TDL, since this is the year to get them some experience, so that they can shoulder a good portion of the offensive load in 16-17 (we won't have Boedker, and possibly Hanzal around any more). And during 16-17 we can start the same process of bringing the next group such as Perlini/Strome/Dvorak along in the same way, by giving them at least a part of the season to develop and get used to the speed of the NHL.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon

I don't see any significant difference between Domi and Duclair's "level of prospect-ness." If it matters, hf rates them as 8.0C / 7.5C, although hf also still has Domi listed as a center, so I don't think it matters.

I won't go any further with the Tanner Glass / Connor McDavid thing, but Duclair made a good team last fall and Domi didn't make one of the worst teams in hockey. Yes, Domi is better than BJ Crombeen, but Tony Duclair made the Rangers.

Unless something you've seen from Lucas Lessio makes you think he's a top 6 player, Lessio would be taking up a bottom 6 spot.

T6: Boedker, Domi
Either: Doan, Rieder
B6: Downie, Vitale, Chipchura, Lessio, Scott

If Lessio makes the team, then two of Lessio, Doan and Rieder need to play on the second line. Rieder might play with Vermette and Doan might play with Hanzal but I don't want to bank on both of them doing that.

T6: Boedker, Domi, Duclair
Either: Doan, Rieder
B6: Downie, Vitale, Chipchura, Scott

I don't like either lineup, but I like the second option a lot better. And I have enough faith in Tippett to see that Domi and Duclair are both too good to be in the AHL.

Wild card: Matthias Plachta. I think he's getting a long look in September and could well take one of those bottom 6 jobs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Boeds-Vermette-Duke
Domi-Hanzal-Downie
Rieder-Richardson-Doan
Chipchura-Gordon-Vitale
Scott

This line up is about the best we could look forward to. I really would like a rookie to step up and replace Chip. That is three rookies, maybe too many.:dunno:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This line up is about the best we could look forward to. I really would like a rookie to step up and replace Chip. That is three rookies, maybe too many.:dunno:

Imo lessio would fit well there. Plus he had some time last year so he's not totally green.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Craig's latest says we'd still like to add that D partner for Ollie through trade as well as a UFA winger in the $2-3M range.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Craig's latest says we'd still like to add that D partner for Ollie through trade as well as a UFA winger in the $2-3M range.

I really don't know why we need another winger, especially in the $2-3M range. I could see another D, but I sure do not want to lose any of our so called elite or blue chip prospects.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Who are these UFA wingers Maloney could possibly want? I sure hope it isnt Boyes or Upshall. Maybe someone like Flash could help us move Boeds in a package for that rhd for OEL.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What about Tlusty? He has a varied skill set so you could really put him anywhere in the top 9 without any disruption.

Tlusty - Vermette - Boedker/Duclair
Domi - Hanzal - Boedker/Duclair
Rieder - Richardson - Doan
Chip/Vitale - Gordon - Downie
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad