2015-2016 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
He's probably pissed that he decided to go with a rookie in Z-Mac instead of the more experienced Smith? I'm not at the game, but 4 goals on 13 shots doesn't seem like a strong outing?

At least 2 he'd like to have back.

Fwiw Smith came in for the 3rd and it's 4-3 now. Bout 13 minutes left. Let's see what happens.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What a shot by Czarnik 4-4

Koko playing like a Russian possessed

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Got OT

Strong game from Breen

Pens goalie starting to fight puck

Pens always pulling some BS - really ****ing irritating

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
Got OT

Strong game from Breen

Pens goalie starting to fight puck

Pens always pulling some BS - really ****ing irritating

At least a handful of times someone on that team has thrown an extra shove or push well after the whistle. Very annoying. A few other missed calls that could've helped us end this in regulation as well.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
At least a handful of times someone on that team has thrown an extra shove or push well after the whistle. Very annoying. A few other missed calls that could've helped us end this in regulation as well.

Agree - just play and stop being a dick

Carlo with a bad pinch but he looks good

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Just got in from the game...

-Obviously Cassidy screwed up by putting in MacIntyre instead of Smith, but if it had worked out we'd be praising the coach. Zane wasn't good but most of the team stunk through the first two periods.

-Vatrano is human after all. No points tonight but he has an exciting future ahead of him. Will be interesting to see who he plays with next year in Boston

-Czarnik was excellent. 2 goals and displayed tremendous skill.

-I also liked Tommy Cross' overall game. Gotta wonder if it's his last game for the organization.

-Tremendous physicality from Hickman, Acciari and, to a lesser extent, Sexton. I wonder how effective Blidh would have been if he wasn't injured.

-I wrote at the beginning of the year that this team wouldn't challenge for the Calder, so I'm not disappointed by their playoff performance. The D was a little too one-dimensional and newbies like Carlo and O'Gara couldn't be expected to help out so late in the year. Next year's D should look and play much, much differently than this year's players.

-BTW, Daniel Sprong seems to be the real deal. Very solid out there and already has 3 goals in 3 games.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Thanks for your constant updates during the season, Malt. It has been very helpful for those of us who can't make to the Dunk.

I wish we could have gone longer in the series and the playoffs and seen the rookies develop. Not to be, I guess. Still, a good season. Interesting to see next yeark's roster; should be loaded.

jetsjets1028

Oct 16, 2011
i knew it.. cassidy is an absolute moron for starting mcintyre... he was HORRIBLE as i expected he would be tonight.. 4 goals on 13 shots... and it looked even worse in person... HOW down 2-0 with ur season on the line do u start mcintyre whos been AWFUL all year.. what a joke our coach is.. sure u want play kids but u also develop players by winning playoff games which would help them in future.. if smith started tonight we wouldve ABSOLUTELY have had a game 4 monday.. instead its embarrasing that a team that was suppose to sweep wilkes barre and was way better than them get swept.. ive never seen a team win 3 straight in ot either and now pbruins have lost 4 straight playoff games in ot.. i thought once it got ot tonight we were good.. but u know what cassidy deserves this for starting mcintyre.. so dumb.. this team can not get out of the 2nd round under him.. i hope he goes to boston because we need new coach in providence.. absolutely PATHETIC.. also scratch your best defender irwin... absolute horrible job by cassidy today with season on the line.. unbelieveable.. stunned by this prob 1 of biggest upsets in years in playoff series..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad