Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
continue

871_National_Anthem_at_Dunkin_Donuts_Center

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Should be easy for all these prospects to outshine him. I mean half of them are projected to make Marchand expendable if you listen to some folks here.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Really looking forward to seeing this year's team. They won't contend for the Calder Cup but it's good to see a team made up of of real prospects who should be motivated by the opportunities that have opened up (and will be open) within the organization recently.

Prospects I'm most interested in watching: Vatrano, Acciari and Arnesson.

The makeup of the D is really up in the air right now...there's a big difference between having C. Miller/Morrow/Arnesson as your top 3 vs. Arnesson/Cross/Casto. You have to figure Miller or Morrow gets at least an extended look in Boston.

I would have posted a couple of links to recent blogs/articles on the PBees, but they were so poorly researched that they don't deserve mention here (i.e. Zboril supposedly being eligible to play in Providence).

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Amazing to think that "Chewy" held out all this time for an AHL contract with the P-Bruins. That's dedication. I'm sure he's been fending off contract offers all summer long ...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
good for Chewey....got my P Bruins selection in the mail probably a few Friday's early and after football season....I only averaged about 3 games in Manchester but I really liked going to those games. First Lowell then Manchester:cry:

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
"Chewy" part of the 1st round of cuts today in Boston. I guess he'll have to shelf his NHL dreams for another season. I'm sure Cassidy will use him in all situations this season whenever possible to try and prep him for next year's camp.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
don`t have much to say other than it appears you folks who get to watch the PB`s could be in for one heck of an entertaining year

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Providence lost tonight in their first pre-season game. Found this from Mark Divver on twitter.

Final: Portland 4, AHLBruins 2. PB's goals by Hargrove & Iafrate, per @JeffMannix.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
Providence lost tonight in their first pre-season game. Found this from Mark Divver on twitter.

Final: Portland 4, AHLBruins 2. PB's goals by Hargrove & Iafrate, per @JeffMannix.

And they won on Saturday 3-2 in the shootout - Goals from Simonelli, Cross, and Czarnik with the GWG... but that's old news now.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Guess which Bruins' affiliate has been posting interviews, frequent Twitter updates, recaps and Periscope video during their training camp...the AHL's Providence Bruins or the ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Guess which Bruins' affiliate has been posting interviews, frequent Twitter updates, recaps and Periscope video during their training camp...the AHL's Providence Bruins or the ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators?

The game is completely secondary to the higher ups down here. Promotion, promotion, promotion. I think they'd be more distressed if the PA system broke down so they can't have people dance on the Fan Cam than if they ran out of pucks.

I guess I should be happy considering how fast teams can move out of town when things get rough, but they really appeal to the most casual of casuals down here.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Media Day today for the PBees; will pass along any interesting tidbits I hear.

Seeing some rumors that Brett Bellemore is the latest D on a tryout after Sheldon Brookbank was released. Perhaps they feel bad for him after Randell gave him a beating in the pre-season game in Boston? :sarcasm:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Media Day today for the PBees; will pass along any interesting tidbits I hear.

Seeing some rumors that Brett Bellemore is the latest D on a tryout after Sheldon Brookbank was released. Perhaps they feel bad for him after Randell gave him a beating in the pre-season game in Boston? :sarcasm:

Malt, if you get any info on line combos from practice in the next day or so, posting here would be greatly appreciated. I will keep an eye on Mark D on Twitter as well.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Awesome news, Tommy Cross named the captain of the P-Bruins! :yo: :yo: Glad to see him finally making something of his career. Always a character guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad