2015-2016 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Penguins win, 4-3.

This sucks. Cannot believe this team is staring at elimination before even getting a game at home.

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Crazy to think what series would look like if boston had made playoffs and thus no vatrano, talbot, miller and Noel a....even with those guys and Pittsburg making playoffs thus sheary, rust, Wilson etc not in WB...we are down 2.
cassidy is being out coached , that's not debateable.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Look at it this way - with a 2-3 format, the home ice team will never have the possibility of playing an elimination game on the road. The scheduling is clearly a combination of A) reducing travel time/expense, B) arena availability, and C) arena profitability.

Plus, if starting on the road really were such a disadvantage, Providence could have chosen to play 2 at home and then 3 on the road. But they made the right choice, IMO.

Do -ALL- teams take the bus? I mean, that seem feasible in the east, and in California. But when you're talking a San Diego-Texas series, which has almost a 19 hour travel time by bus between arenas (I googled it!), it seems like a lot to "suck up"....but plane tickets are expensive, so.....

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Seems Providence has the same issue as the big club. Can't win big games.

jetsjets1028

Oct 16, 2011
well hopefully i see 3 wins now in 4 days.. and they reverse what happened to them by WBS last time when pbruins blew 3-0 lead... now chance to come home and win 3 games.. its about time better team shows up.. hopefully we wont see mcintyre the entire series because if he plays then its over...

Last edited:

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country
well hopefully i see 3 wins now in 4 days.. and they reverse what happened to them by WBS last time when pbruins blew 3-0 lead... now chance to come home and win 3 games.. its about time better team shows up.. hopefully we wont see mcintyre the entire series because if he plays then its over...

Right. Because Jeremy Smith has been so good.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Right. Because Jeremy Smith has been so good.

Did you see or hear the games? Smith kept them in the first two periods of game 2, the guy was getting peppered.....if Cassidy thought Smith sucked, he would have pulled him. He has never been shy about calling out the goalies, including Smith. And I'm not one who thinks playing MacIntyre is an automatic loss, but if WBS keeps tilting the ice like they have this thing is going to be over fast no matter who is in net.

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country
Did you see or hear the games? Smith kept them in the first two periods of game 2, the guy was getting peppered.....if Cassidy thought Smith sucked, he would have pulled him. He has never been shy about calling out the goalies, including Smith. And I'm not one who thinks playing MacIntyre is an automatic loss, but if WBS keeps tilting the ice like they have this thing is going to be over fast no matter who is in net.

Cassidy, much like the parent organization up I-95, seem to perpetuate their limbo. What is their ultimate goal? To win? To develop talent? Both at same time?

Pick a direction.

How about let MacIntyre who could very well be the goalie of the future, play a first round matchup in post-season in his rookie AHL year.

No. Instead, let's play the journeyman goalie whom you thought so highly of that you loaned to MIN farm team for most of year and is only back because Subban's injury. All the while as your potential 'future goalie' sits on bench when he could be playing value playoff minutes. Hell, if anything else it would be a chance for brass to see how the kid actually performs.

Even on the farm team young players are blocked/sit on bench so older/more experienced vets -- even if they really have zero future with org -- get minutes instead.

It's the same asinine BS that runs throughout this franchise. Frustrating beyond belief.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Cassidy, much like the parent organization up I-95, seem to perpetuate their limbo. What is their ultimate goal? To win? To develop talent? Both at same time?

Pick a direction.

How about let MacIntyre who could very well be the goalie of the future, play a first round matchup in post-season in his rookie AHL year.

No. Instead, let's play the journeyman goalie whom you thought so highly of that you loaned to MIN farm team for most of year and is only back because Subban's injury. All the while as your potential 'future goalie' sits on bench when he could be playing value playoff minutes. Hell, if anything else it would be a chance for brass to see how the kid actually performs.

Even on the farm team young players are blocked/sit on bench so older/more experienced vets -- even if they really have zero future with org -- get minutes instead.

It's the same asinine BS that runs throughout this franchise. Frustrating beyond belief.

Don't mind your rant but there is something to be said about creating a winning environment. Maybe they don't put in McIntire but winning in the playoffs is good for the rest of the kids. Weather they play or not, they are there to gain some experience.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Pick a direction.

Admittedly i don't go to that many Providence Bruins games anymore but if I have an absolute must win game I'm going with Smith.
McIntyre has been disappointing to a degree this season, I don't think anyone can dispute that, not even GD's:) Now's not the time to throw the kid to the wolves

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

[Tweet]723889957908176897[/MEDIA]

Carlo, McIntyre in
Heinen, Smith, Miller out

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I never get to watch Providence but if they go out in 3 straight is it time for Cassidy to go?

5 seasons at the helm, a DNQ, two 1st rd exits, two 2nd rd exits if they lose this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad