2015-2016 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I never get to watch Providence but if they go out in 3 straight is it time for Cassidy to go?

5 seasons at the helm, a DNQ, two 1st rd exits, two 2nd rd exits if they lose this series.
The standards are different in judging the effectiveness of minor league coaches than ML. Sure, winning is important, but it is not the be all, end all of a coach's evaluation. Player development is. As you point out Cassidy has gotten his clubs to the playoffs four times in his tenure.

If Cassidy is not retained you won't see JFJ's announcement cite his inability to win a Calder or get them to the finals.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I never get to watch Providence but if they go out in 3 straight is it time for Cassidy to go?

5 seasons at the helm, a DNQ, two 1st rd exits, two 2nd rd exits if they lose this series.

I don't think so its development but it would suck if they lost - I'm not counting them out they are good enough to win this

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
While I stand by my post that Mi coaches are judged by their development success, I realize that season ticket holders and regular fans want to see a winner, too. So do I, though I don't go to many games now that Lowell is no longer in the circuit, winning does build confidence.

Hoping the Baby Bs can pull this series out so there will be more of Heinen, O'Gara, Carlo and Senyshyn for us to talk about.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They are playing like they had Thanksgiving dinner 2 hours ago

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Vatrano being Vatrano at least - two quick shots in traffic

Carlo looks 6'7"

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Never mind they'll fire one of the assistants and blame the kids for not stepping up...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad