2015-2016 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Divver has tweeted now that Senyshyn could arrive tonight.

Awesome news!

The ATOs dont count against this year's cap number so we still have like 48 contracts. Also they can play in the nhl after their season in juniors is over but if they aren't eligible for the ahl next year they have to go back to juniors after the pro season is over.

Thank you.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Divver has tweeted now that Senyshyn could arrive tonight.

I think it's great that Senyshyn will join the team, but I'm hoping he doesn't just get a roster spot handed to him. I am not sure he is ready to contribute the way Heinen is. I want to see this team go deep into the playoffs, so that our more NHL ready prospects (Czarnik, Vatrano, Ferlin, Heinen, etc.) get a ton of experience.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I think it's great that Senyshyn will join the team, but I'm hoping he doesn't just get a roster spot handed to him. I am not sure he is ready to contribute the way Heinen is. I want to see this team go deep into the playoffs, so that our more NHL ready prospects (Czarnik, Vatrano, Ferlin, Heinen, etc.) get a ton of experience.

FWIW, Divver quoted Cassidy as saying "He'll skate with us for a bit and we'll see where's he at."

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
FWIW, Divver quoted Cassidy as saying "He'll skate with us for a bit and we'll see where's he at."

Good. I think that is the right mentality. Interesting that the organization hasn't put out this info--tells me they perhaps want to keep this under wraps a bit and not get fan pressure to play the kid at the expense of a vet.

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
i dont understand why the ahl is going with 2-3 format for this series... shouldnt it be 2-2-1? if pbruins win both of 1st 2 games then the ahl robbed pbruins home fans of seeing 2 wins...

I thought I had read that Providence does not have their ice available to them to start the series so they have to play the first 2 games on the road.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought I had read that Providence does not have their ice available to them to start the series so they have to play the first 2 games on the road.

they are on the road- my rep told me sending me my tix and will have by next Saturday for game 3

if they can last long enough and to me they can go far, you can see Heinen and Sensyshyn, Carlo and O'Gara not to mention Ferlin, Acciari, and Vatrano who I think will be on Boston next year

add in Griffith and Koko and Czarnik- loaded team

if Claude was out I think SG and Koko had a shot but doesn't look good

we are talking two likely first or second AHL All-Stars

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
CBA question: Pasta can't play in the AHL playoffs to my knowledge but why can a JR player, senyshen, for example, who hasn't played any AHL regular season games, play? Thanks,

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
CBA question: Pasta can't play in the AHL playoffs to my knowledge but why can a JR player, senyshen, for example, who hasn't played any AHL regular season games, play? Thanks,

From what I understand, Pasta could, the decision was made not to go thru the process to do so which would include sending him to Providence at the trade deadline as a "paper transaction".

Junior and college players don't need to go thru the process of "being added" to AHL rosters at the trade deadline because it obviously can't be done when they are still attached to those teams. When they sign an ATO, it's like an "internship". It doesn't fit to the CBA. The league wants all the development it can get, while avoiding the stacking of teams with guys from the NHL who don't need to be there.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Vatrano had a screaming slapshot one timer for a goal far side high from the left wing. Goalie was about as out of position as can be, basically gave him the whole net. May have pushed off so aggressively because he knew it was vatrano and his release coming at him so he overcompensated and pushed left to right so hard he ended up at the face off circle

That goalie was in his first pro game. He struggled. Sat behind the net for two periods he was manning it. Let's just say the BPort fans were all over him by the 4th goal. :laugh:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
All first round series are either 2-2-1 or 2-3. As stated before, it's probably a travel issue, although the extra trip only happens if the series goes to 5 games.

The arenas both seem equally available. The Penguins have 4/22 for a comedian, and both teams have 4/28-5/1 roped off for the circus. It could also be an issue of which schedule will get the most rear ends in seats - maybe WBS is a weekday kind of crowd, while Providence is a weekend crowd. The latter must be true, as the P-Bruins basically don't play any home games outside of Fri/Sun except for a few of Saturdays and a rare holiday weekday or the home closer. Maybe the Bruins don't do weekdays well, and/or maybe they do weekends REALLY well.

Fun little wrinkle: If the AHL selects a 2-3 schedule, the top seed actually can choose to give up home ice advantage in return for first-ice advantage.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
From what I understand, Pasta could, the decision was made not to go thru the process to do so which would include sending him to Providence at the trade deadline as a "paper transaction".

Junior and college players don't need to go thru the process of "being added" to AHL rosters at the trade deadline because it obviously can't be done when they are still attached to those teams. When they sign an ATO, it's like an "internship". It doesn't fit to the CBA. The league wants all the development it can get, while avoiding the stacking of teams with guys from the NHL who don't need to be there.

Much appreciated

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I hear what you are saying about just "handing" a roster spot to Senyshyn, but what had Carlo, O'Gara, Heinen done to "earn" spots on the roster? It's a common practice for all NHL teams to have their junior prospects get time in on the AHL team after their junior seasons are done.

I trust that the Dev guys and coaching staff will not sacrifice playoff wins just to see a prospect. If they think he's an upgrade over a player in the lineup, he will skate. If he's not, he won't.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All first round series are either 2-2-1 or 2-3. As stated before, it's probably a travel issue, although the extra trip only happens if the series goes to 5 games.

The arenas both seem equally available. The Penguins have 4/22 for a comedian, and both teams have 4/28-5/1 roped off for the circus. It could also be an issue of which schedule will get the most rear ends in seats - maybe WBS is a weekday kind of crowd, while Providence is a weekend crowd. The latter must be true, as the P-Bruins basically don't play any home games outside of Fri/Sun except for a few of Saturdays and a rare holiday weekday or the home closer. Maybe the Bruins don't do weekdays well, and/or maybe they do weekends REALLY well.

Fun little wrinkle: If the AHL selects a 2-3 schedule, the top seed actually can choose to give up home ice advantage in return for first-ice advantage.

I am going Saturday night and if a game 5 Tuesday- I wont be going Monday. I don't have my tix yet but if game 4 (Monday) is designated I will bring to Saturday game and if someone is there wants to use it- they can have it for zilch, just have a good time. They are really good seats.

I'm looking forward to this in a weird way more than the Boston games I go to. Going out to eat before is fun and the Dunk is a good place- Providence is a great hockey town and glad that team won the NCAA and have a strong program.

The people are great even if they talk a bit funny.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's going down to watch Talbot and not those meddling kids...

you want my Monday tix if I get them by tomorrow or Thursday I can mail you? or leave at will call- I'll call you tomorrow anyways- if you go Saturday let me know we can meet up to eat

lot of potential Bruins on this team - hoping they run this and win it all

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dan I am worried about your diet if Providence makes a Calder Cup run. Not sure you can last 6-7 weeks of Providence dinners

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I am going Saturday night and if a game 5 Tuesday- I wont be going Monday. I don't have my tix yet but if game 4 (Monday) is designated I will bring to Saturday game and if someone is there wants to use it- they can have it for zilch, just have a good time. They are really good seats.

I'm looking forward to this in a weird way more than the Boston games I go to. Going out to eat before is fun and the Dunk is a good place- Providence is a great hockey town and glad that team won the NCAA and have a strong program.

Wish I could take you up on this - I'm planning to go Monday if they play (I have vacation next week) but I'd need three - I take it you have two?

Oh, and Senyshyn has arrived, per Divver. He's wearing #9.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Man....wouldn't mind seeing some of the young guys. Will look into tix.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dan I am worried about your diet if Providence makes a Calder Cup run. Not sure you can last 6-7 weeks of Providence dinners

Luxe- love it great place I recommend it but there lots of places around the rink and the mall

jetsjets1028

Oct 16, 2011

really? oh i thought it was just april 28-may 1 that it wouldnt have been available

Last edited:

jetsjets1028

Oct 16, 2011

wow... i hope i find you then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad