Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

FIRE HIM NOW!!! He just did a "Doug Risebrough!"

We have to learn from it? How many years do you need to lose to them to learn enough!!

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
"Its a learning experience" - Yeo

**** off dude... 3 years dude... 3 years you've been taught the same ****in lesson with the same teacher... and you still can't figure a way to put it together.. not only that.. but you regressed...

"Maybe we went in with too many expectations"

What.

Billy Mays Here*

Parise and Suter aren't movable, and both need to stay anyway. I don't care what you get for them, boot out Koivu, Vanek, Pominville, Cooke, Brodziak, Leopold, Prosser, Bergenheim and Stuart. Some are UFAs, others you do whatever it takes to trade them. Tank for a couple years, Suter and Parise will still be decent enough players to contribute while the rest of the young guys will be entering their prime.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
And you've already lost me. Jesus Christ. :laugh:

Why shouldn't they look for a new coach? It's the strongest crop of free agent coaches in recent memory. Rather than showing even a modicum of improvement on his traditional weak spots, Yeo actually regressed substantially. And hell, that was probably the worst-coached series of hockey I've seen by any team, ever. Didn't have the lead for a single second of it. Even the Twins always blew a few leads against the Yankees. Sloppy up and down the ice, with no adjustments whatsoever until the last ten minutes of the fourth consecutive loss, and underperforming players consistently overused. All against the same opponent he's had three consecutive chances to solve. I'm sorry but this can't be an organization that tolerates what we just saw.

Billy Mays Here*

Really? Rebuild? :laugh:

If you think this current team or any minor tweaks to it will ever compete with a team like the Hawks you're out to lunch. It would be great to acquire some big talent via trade, but it's not happening without gutting our youth.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Why shouldn't they look for a new coach? It's the strongest crop of free agent coaches in recent memory. Rather than showing even a modicum of improvement on his traditional weak spots, Yeo actually regressed substantially. And hell, that was probably the worst-coached series of hockey I've seen by any team, ever. Sloppy up and down the ice, with no adjustments whatsoever until the last ten minutes of the fourth consecutive loss, and underperforming players consistently overused. All against the same opponent he's had three consecutive chances to solve. I'm sorry but this can't be an organization that tolerates what we just saw.

Maybe because this coach brought the team to the playoffs 3 straight years in a row? There's not a reason to ****ing give up on Yeo, also there's not a chance he's even close to being gone. If he wasn't in jeopardy when this team was struggling, he's not in jeopardy after another 2nd round appearance...

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
If you think this current team or any minor tweaks to it will ever compete with a team like the Hawks you're out to lunch. It would be great to acquire some big talent via trade, but it's not happening without gutting our youth.

They'll get better...

They need a scorer though.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Guys, I know we're all disappointed, but let's keep it civil.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Koivu needs to go. I want playoff players not regular season ones. Even the two big things he's known for he's dropped significantly with.

Vanek and Poms could just quit for all I care right now.

JunkHead88

Jan 29, 2013
Otsego, MN
No blame, Mikko plus others gotta go.

There is not one person to blame on the sweep from the Hawks but is it time for the Wild let go of Mikko? He has been a fan favorite since Gabby left and I never felt like we should build our team around him. We have now built a team around Parise and Mikko seems to be in the way(my Opinion). I also think Nino would gives us some good trade value. Love the guy but he is not consistent with scoring through the year. Vanek is a joke and another bad signing with the no trade. Coyle might do better somewhere else, also. He has his spurts but don't seem to work out here. Pomme, I just dont know where to go with him. So good but fails when we need him the most. Haula, no question, done here! Brodz had a good season, finally since he got resigned with us but Im not sure if we should resign him.

We need goal scorers! Parise and Zucker have been our top 2. Zucks probably would have scored more then Parise if he didnt get hurt. We need more! Like i said Nino is up there in goals but seemed to fail us in the second half of the season and I think we should take him and others and land a goal scorer! (Malkin?) I see the Pens moving him but is he worth risking 2 of our guys?

Where do we go? We have a good team but they are full of play makers and not finishers. Everyone loves the team bu wont admit we need change.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
So who do you guys like in the draft? It's a deep one and the Wild need to hit a home run with it. Cannot afford a bust.

I believe they pick 20th. Colin White looks good if we're picking center. Other guys that could be available at that spot: Boeser, Sprong, Bracco.

If the Wild pick D, i'll scream.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
If we want only playoff performers, there's a lot of guys who should go.

Koivu, Vanek, Coyle, Brodziak, Leopold for starters. Dubnyk too, didn't steal us any games.

I'm okay with anything, it's not like I can affect any of the things that will happen this offseason. Then I will be cheering for this team again the next season, see the annual mid-season fall-off-the-cliff, squeeze back to the playoffs and be disappointed by the next first or second round exit. Such is life.

Only thing an individual can do to change that is to stop watching, and I'm definitely not going to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino