2015-2016 General Wild Discussion I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

If Koivu and Vanek are still on this team next season there's no reason to support them. We'll never win anything with those two pieces of **** on the roster. Overpaid, overrated, pathetic losers.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
If Koivu and Vanek are still on this team next season there's no reason to support them. We'll never win anything with those two pieces of **** on the roster. Overpaid, overrated, pathetic losers.

Neither one is going anywhere, so I guess there is no reason to support them...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
There is so many things wrong with this team that nothing is going to be fixed because the fans will continue chanting next year. Reminds me of the Dana Carvey sketch with Bush, "Stay the course...thousand points of light..."

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
This team is 3-12 against the Blackhawks in the playoffs.

Three and ****ing twelve.

I want to see heads roll. But I know the old boys club will protect everyone just like it protected Gardy through how many Yankees sweeps. That's just the Minnesota way. And we'll watch the prime years of the best team we've ever had go out with a whimper.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This team is 3-12 against the Blackhawks in the playoffs.

Three and ****ing twelve.

I want to see heads roll. But I know the old boys club will protect everyone just like it protected Gardy through how many Yankees sweeps. That's just the Minnesota way. And we'll watch the prime years of the best team we've ever had go out with a whimper.

Exactly. We've had so many trades, sacrificed years, didn't even properly rebuild and change the philosophy and approach to the team. We slapped some make up on a pig and trotted it out there like the belle of the ball.

This team was one of the best teams we had in years and we blew it.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I don't want to see Vanek anywhere near this team next season.

Billy Mays Here*

I like the young core of this team. Lots of potential there.

But how the **** are we ever going to go deep with this group of veterans? Seriously? They're just not good enough and is management just going to sit tight with them? What is the point?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I like the young core of this team. Lots of potential there.

But how the **** are we ever going to go deep with this group of veterans? Seriously? They're just not good enough and is management just going to sit tight with them? What is the point?

Well, what're you gonna do? Just trade them all away for peanuts? Buy them all out?

They are going to be here.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Wouldn't mind trying to get Kessel, don't know if it works with the cap situation though.

That'd be the scorer we need. We'd have to drop Pominville AND/OR Vanek.

Billy Mays Here*

Well, what're you gonna do? Just trade them all away for peanuts? Buy them all out?

They are going to be here.

Then we're stuck watching a team that will make early playoff exits year after year, or not even make the playoffs at all with the rest of this up-and-coming division.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Priority 1 - Find a new head coach (and there will be plenty to choose from)
Priority 2 - Come up with a long term plan in net
Priority 3 - Blackmail Vanek to get him to drop the no movement clause
Priority 4 - Evaluate the hell out of the offense and start moving some pieces....a few big pieces if necessary
Priority 5 - Get Prosser the #$@! out of here for good!
Priority 6 - Lower beer prices, because fans may need them more next year.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
I guess all I really notice of this team is that, a few years ago, CF promised to build around Koivu. And build he did.

Around Koivu.

Its not that Koivu is a bad player, because he isn't (and I don't want to take a side in that epic Koivu debate #wavewhiteflag). But rather, we have no superstars. Sure, its a simplistic way of thinking that superstars = more wins, but when you have guys like Mackinnon, Tarasenko, and Kane light you up in recent playoffs... it sure gets you thinking. On the flip side I do think we have some good depth. We just need a bona fide finisher (yes, this narrative again haha).
*shrugs*

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Priority 1 - Find a new head coach (and there will be plenty to choose from)
Priority 2 - Come up with a long term plan in net
Priority 3 - Blackmail Vanek to get him to drop the no movement clause
Priority 4 - Evaluate the hell out of the offense and start moving some pieces....a few big pieces if necessary
Priority 5 - Get Prosser the #$@! out of here for good!

Priority 6 - Fire all the scouts

Billy Mays Here*

It's like players don't get better with experience. :help:

This team will be better next year.

No, they won't. When you have a coach that refuses to play the young guys over the veterans, no matter how bad they're playing, the veterans will always drag this team down. And our young guys are a great core, but there's not that high end guy or two to build around.

Honestly, start a rebuild now, so that by the time it's done, our young core will be in their prime still, not going downhill like our core of veterans is now.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
"Its a learning experience" - Yeo

**** off dude... 3 years dude... 3 years you've been taught the same ****in lesson with the same teacher... and you still can't figure a way to put it together.. not only that.. but you regressed...

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
No, they won't. When you have a coach that refuses to play the young guys over the veterans, no matter how bad they're playing, the veterans will always drag this team down. And our young guys are a great core, but there's not that high end guy or two to build around.

Honestly, start a rebuild now, so that by the time it's done, our young core will be in their prime still, not going downhill like our core of veterans is now.

Really? Rebuild? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->