2015-2016 General Wild Discussion I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dumba is replaceable. We have Reilly and Folin.

Brodin is not replaceable, but we have Olofsson.

And RNH would be the best center the Wild have ever had.

Until Reilly shows something at the professional level, he's not a replacement for anyone; and the difference in raw talent between Dumba and Folin is pretty big.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
There is no objective argument you can make for him against Koivu's prime. But yes he is now better than 32 year old Koivu.
Prime 26 year old Koivu = 0.89 PPG.

Rookie 18 year old RNH = 0.84 PPG.

Are you seriously making the argument that RNH won't surpass Koivu's prime? Because if you are, yeah I don't think there is a plane that we can have a reasonable discussion on. RNH will surpass Koivu's prime as early as this season.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Until Reilly shows something at the professional level, he's not a replacement for anyone; and the difference in raw talent between Dumba and Folin is pretty big.
This analysis simultaneously projects Dumba's talent and rejects doing the same for Folin or Reilly.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Prime 26 year old Koivu = 0.89 PPG.

Rookie 18 year old RNH = 0.84 PPG.

Are you seriously making the argument that RNH won't surpass Koivu's prime? Because if you are, yeah I don't think there is a plane that we can have a reasonable discussion on. RNH will surpass Koivu's prime as early as this season.

That is not what you said and why are you using RNH's rookie stats and not the past 3 season's?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I am not even saying I would trade Brodin for RNH. I am really, really high on Brodin (not so on Dumba). Pump Brodin or Dumba all you want.

But RNH ragging is ridic. People did the same thing with Seguin and were left with their pants down when he went to Dallas.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
That is not what you said and why are you using RNH's rookie stats and not the past 3 season's?
I said RNH would (future tense) be the best center in Wild history. As in when he reaches his prime.

Take RNH's worst seasons on dumpster fire Oilers team. Do you think he won't surpass 71 points when he is 26? Do you think he has reached his peak at 22, and he's a 50-60 player?

Because that is a different conversation.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I am not even saying I would trade Brodin for RNH. I am really, really high on Brodin (not so on Dumba). Pump Brodin or Dumba all you want.

But RNH ragging is ridic. People did the same thing with Seguin and were left with their pants down when he went to Dallas.

Dumba is replaceable. We have Reilly and Folin.

Brodin is not replaceable, but we have Olofsson.

And RNH would be the best center the Wild have ever had.

Different situations. Seguin was buried on the depth chart and getting limited minutes on a very defensive-minded Boston team. Couldn't utilize his offense. RNH is playing on a team that's all offense/no defense. RNH should've started putting up more goals and assists by now playing in the system that he's in.

Regarding Dumba, I don't think you're seeing the forest for the trees. He may be expendable right now (debatable) but if he continues down the path of development that he's currently on, then we'd rue the day we got rid of him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This analysis simultaneously projects Dumba's talent and rejects doing the same for Folin or Reilly.

Well, Dumba has at least a little bit of AHL/NHL equity to go off of, Reilly has none.

Folin also has a little of both, but we must be on the complete opposite side of the Folin spectrum, because I don't see anything that makes Dumba expendable.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I said RNH would (future tense) be the best center in Wild history. As in when he reaches his prime.

Take RNH's worst seasons on dumpster fire Oilers team. Do you think he won't surpass 71 points when he is 26? Do you think he has reached his peak at 22, and he's a 50-60 player?

Because that is a different conversation.

I though you used "would" as in when he is traded for Wild. Yeah he will most likely surpass Koivu but i don't think it will be next season and there are still some question marks in his game as imo he hasn't progressed as well he should have(after brilliant rookie season hasn't been good enough for a probable star center). I think Brodin is already legit 1st pairing d and the points are just gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad