Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Coyotes Roster - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
He's 6'4 and has 42g and 50a in 65gp so far. Does he really need another year in the kid's league? He's AHL eligible. Why not send him there?

Why is AHL eligible, thought you had to be 20 or over (from Canadian juniors) ?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Noticed nobody has mentioned Ryan MacInnis. Where does he stand with the crowd at the moment??

In those prospect clips, Sullivan mentioned that he'd like MacInnis to work on:

1) add more bulk to that frame
2) further refine his defensive game

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
He's 6'4 and has 42g and 50a in 65gp so far. Does he really need another year in the kid's league? He's AHL eligible. Why not send him there?

How is our coaching down there...?

I think we should send him there, but am concerned now that we finally have some good prospects headed to the Ahl. I hope management puts proper effort in investing in the AHL team.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Not sure where to put this so I am putting this here:

"Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

Max Domi, Sam Reinhart, Ryan Murray and goalie Calvin Pickard also among the first 18 players named to Team Canada for IIHF Worlds."

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Some end of season notes:

- Boyd Gordon had been playing with a broken thumb since Feb. 4

- Joe Vitale's status has seen no improvement

- Murphy (USA), Domi (Canada), Rieder (Germany) will play in the World Championships

- OEL may have been playing with a bruised shoulder

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
- Boyd Gordon had been playing with a broken thumb since Feb. 4
Well we know he's getting a contract.

Hopefully!!

Didn't he score both his goals after that???
Yes and I don't think he was below 50% in FO won after that either

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
So if analytics is the new M.O. then who would be our top D UFA targets? I'm not familiar with a lot of the new stats or I'd make those judgements my own. What about potential trade targets?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
So if analytics is the new M.O. then who would be our top D UFA targets? I'm not familiar with a lot of the new stats or I'd make those judgements my own. What about potential trade targets?

I'd love to see the insight of some of the other posters on this topic. I haven't stopped thinking about it

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

The big FA prize this year, aside from Yandle, is Demers. Goligoski is nice too but I bet he stays with Dallas. Trade targets would probably start with Barrie, Trouba, Dumba, and Brodin. There's also the Ducks trio + prospects.

Teams could get really antsy about RFAs and trade them, or everybody just chills out and signs. It's hard to predict. If you're going to trade the farm, you may as well do it for Barrie.

Not getting Yandle would make for a rough left side.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

From what I know of analytics, they may not be as beneficial for non-offensive Defensemen.

If we go UFA and Tipp now has more of a say, I'm guessing Grossmann will be the first signed/extended.

Yandle might be at the top of the list, but I'm thinking he won't be interested in returning (not to mention his defensive lapses which Tipp will want to avoid)

Campbell will probably begin the next tier (depending on his asking price), along with Goligoski and/or Demers. [additional scenario, we sign both Goligoski and Demers]

From there, I could see Quincey, Liles, or Bartkowski getting a look.

I'm guessing Polak won't be approached after Tipp's interaction with him at that last game.

I could see ownership/management/coach trade the #7 and Duclair (and possibly more) for Hamilton since the new GM may not have enough time to "properly" evaluate prospects (especially if our scouts leave--which I'm hoping they do).

With a Tipp-influenced tinge to offseason, pretty much any late 20s/early 30s Defensive vet from a defensive-minded team will be pursued since prospects won't be as important in the second new "win-first" era. I could see Muzzin, Martinez, McQuaid, Engelland, A. Larsson, Methot (if willing), Del Zotto, Braun, Dillon, Carlson, or Alzner being of interest [note - not all are necessarily defensive d-men]

One thing I'm not worried about now is the acquisition of new D-men, but I'm guessing our D-lines will look something like OEL - Murphy / Grossmann - new guy 1 / new guy 2 - Michalek / Dahlbeck as #7

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I doubt Grossmann is re-signed. Tippett hardly played him down the stretch. One of the main reasons why Gross was brought in this year was to show the ropes to a guy like Dahlbeck. He's done what he can.

I could see ownership/management/coach trade the #7 and Duclair (and possibly more) for Hamilton since the new GM may not have enough time to "properly" evaluate prospects (especially if our scouts leave--which I'm hoping they do).

Why would you want to replace the scouts? They're largely responsible for selecting what many feel is the NHL's best collection of prospects.

Also don't see Calgary flipping Hamilton only a year after acquiring him.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Leafs just re-signed Reilly for 6 years, $5M per. That's probably a good comparable for Trouba's next contract.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Let me put on my GMDT hat (have to forget patience, here):

To WPG:
7th
53rd
Dahlbeck

To ARI:
Trouba

To MTL:
Perlini
37th

To ARI:
Markov
McCarron

Domi-Hanzal-Duke
Rieder-Strome-Doan
Tangs-Vermette-BigMac
Nook-Richardson-Gordon
Chipchura

OEL-Trouba
Markov-Murphy
Connauton-Stone
Michalek

Smith
Domingue

NYR1st = Libor Hajek

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I could live with this. Less risky than the pick.

Sometimes we tend to overvalue other players. Take Hamilton. He was in a great situation in Boston with the talent around him. Put him on Calgary and you get banana pancakes. I'm concerned that Trouba looks good because of the D line talent with which Winnipeg has surrounded him. I'd give up the Rangers pick plus, but not our pick. One thing that's not certain in our prospects is that we have a primo power forward. We need a primo power forward to go with the speedsters.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Sometimes we tend to overvalue other players. Take Hamilton. He was in a great situation in Boston with the talent around him. Put him on Calgary and you get banana pancakes. I'm concerned that Trouba looks good because of the D line talent with which Winnipeg has surrounded him. I'd give up the Rangers pick plus, but not our pick. One thing that's not certain in our prospects is that we have a primo power forward. We need a primo power forward to go with the speedsters.

Both Trouba and Hamilton are still developing. Obviously not playing with Chara was going to be a big change for Hamilton. I don't believe he played with Gio or Brodie much either, which leaves his pairing with Wideman (I believe). Not the best situation. I'd say Hamilton has a better chance excelling with OEL ala Murphy. I feel the same way about Trouba. Either of these young guys should be foaming at the mouth to play with OEL too because he is bound to increase their value and analytics.

Myers intrigues me too. Could be less expensive to get. Ducks will have to move someone as well. Lots of options for a trade, then go heavy for Demers/Yandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad