Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Coyotes Roster - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Dylan Strome's vision and passing are un-freaking-real. Otters lost to Mississauga on Friday, but I think he missed about 3 passes all night. Dude's a surgeon with the puck.

Dvorak-Marner-Tkachuk line was reunited against Flint on Monday ... they were the entire offense and Chris Dvorak did all the work. Forechecked and backchecked and passed and dominated up and down the ice. Seeing the contrast between him and Marner was stunning.

Both Strome and Dvorak have looked better this weekend than Tony Duclair did in the playoffs against Charlottetown last spring. One game sample size isn't great scouting but holy cow, those guys are ready for next year.

Ontario vacations are amazing. Kitchener, Niagara and Erie/Kitchener games to go.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Dylan Strome's vision and passing are un-freaking-real. Otters lost to Mississauga on Friday, but I think he missed about 3 passes all night. Dude's a surgeon with the puck.

Dvorak-Marner-Tkachuk line was reunited against Flint on Monday ... they were the entire offense and Chris Dvorak did all the work. Forechecked and backchecked and passed and dominated up and down the ice. Seeing the contrast between him and Marner was stunning.

Both Strome and Dvorak have looked better this weekend than Tony Duclair did in the playoffs against Charlottetown last spring. One game sample size isn't great scouting but holy cow, those guys are ready for next year.

Ontario vacations are amazing. Kitchener, Niagara and Erie/Kitchener games to go.

Good to hear, adding two centers like that next year should be a huge boost.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
This is going to be the fourth year in a row that a defenseman leads the Coyotes in scoring (Yandle for two years, and now OEL for two years). I don't think any team has ever had that happen even three years in a row.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Lindback is out, possibly long term. Treutle recalled from Springfield.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=869074

After the game, Head Coach Dave Tippett said Lindback’s injury likely would be long-term.

“Unfortunately for 'Lindy' the injury doesn’t look good,†Tippett said. “We will get more tests tomorrow, but I think it is a very serious injury, so we will see where it gets to from there.â€

The Coyotes are expected to recall goalie Niklas Treutle from Springfield of the American Hockey League on Tuesday.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree on Strome. I have said many times that he should have made the Coyotes last year. He is going to be a special player for us.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is going to be the fourth year in a row that a defenseman leads the Coyotes in scoring (Yandle for two years, and now OEL for two years). I don't think any team has ever had that happen even three years in a row.

I was thinking the same yesterday. Not only shows the talent of Yandle and OEL, but also that the forward talent is not there yet. It's coming.:nod:

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
OEL also out shoots everyone else on the team by about 30 shots right now, a lot of that can be attributed to our PP strategy of getting traffic in front of a point shot. To further support this, 11/17 of his goals and 13/27 of his assists came on the PP.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Jeeeeeeeeezus. :amazed:

Hope he gets feeling better soon. Probably won't see him again in a Coyotes uniform but man, Achilles injuries are nothing to sneeze at.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Three players equals a mass exodus...? :laugh:

At the deadline, yes, but 6 players traded away during last season.

You could read GMDMs comments many ways. Does he not envision a "mass exodus" because:

1. We will be a playoff team, or close, and he doesn't want to screw up a good thing.

2. We won't be in contention, but don't have any assets he wishes to part with (or that no one will take).

3. The rebuild is on track...no action needed at deadline.

4. GMDM plans on vacationing over the deadline.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
At the deadline, yes, but 6 players traded away during last season.

You could read GMDMs comments many ways. Does he not envision a "mass exodus" because:

1. We will be a playoff team, or close, and he doesn't want to screw up a good thing.

2. We won't be in contention, but don't have any assets he wishes to part with (or that no one will take).

3. The rebuild is on track...no action needed at deadline.

4. GMDM plans on vacationing over the deadline.

I think his overarching point is that the only player anyone's going to be interested in that he'd be willing to trade is Boedker. Doubt anyone's going to go fishing on our roster for anyone else that we'd be willing to part with.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think his overarching point is that the only player anyone's going to be interested in that he'd be willing to trade is Boedker. Doubt anyone's going to go fishing on our roster for anyone else that we'd be willing to part with.

Someone should grab Vermette as a good luck charm.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

If he's willing to go anywhere. He already won the cup once, time to kick back for a few seasons and cash the nice paychecks...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Hope for Chicago injuries I suppose.

Also hope Z asks for a trade to wherever his brother ends up, be it at the deadline or this summer.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Hope for Chicago injuries I suppose.

Also hope Z asks for a trade to wherever his brother ends up, be it at the deadline or this summer.

While I wouldn't miss Z, we'd need to pick up a suitable blocking replacement. We currently have a lackluster Defensive squad that barely plays decent defense (apart from Murphy and OEL). Not to mention that I doubt anyone would want to add his 3.2 million contract next year to their roster unless they dump an overpaid player in return.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
While I wouldn't miss Z, we'd need to pick up a suitable blocking replacement. We currently have a lackluster Defensive squad that barely plays decent defense (apart from Murphy and OEL).

Stone blocks just as many, and he'd be on the third pair ideally instead of Z. In terms of job priorities, blocking shots is like number 5 or 6 for a D anyways.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Stone blocks just as many, and he'd be on the third pair ideally instead of Z. In terms of job priorities, blocking shots is like number 5 or 6 for a D anyways.

Well, I'm hoping Stone is traded since he's a defensive positioning nightmare most of the time. He has improved in the blocking department, but I'd rather replace him with a less expensive (than Z) veteran player that can block, is defensively sound (for 3rd line duty), and can be physical if necessary (unless we find someone like that on the left--but I'd still like Stone elsewhere)

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Vermette has a full NMC and, since he's now won the cup, his wife he probably just wants to stay in Phoenix.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Treutle until Smith is ready, then Smitty will be back in the prime spot (unless he chokes, in which case hopefully Tippett will come to his senses and play Louie).

I think it will be a true committee once Smith is back. You play until you lose or back to back situations. What scares be about this is that the two goalies seem complimentary. Smith knows how to show up and steal games we have no reason to be in. Louie is steady and methodical and doesn't let in sloppy goals on break aways or early into the game. But if the team doesn't show up in front of him he crumbles a little. They could pull off enough wins to put is in the dreaded 12th spot.

Aka Smith loses a game in the first or steals it. Louie keeps us in the game, but needs the team to perform to win.

It should be interesting and even more so next season.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Good to hear.

What would Blackhawks pay for a guy they can't resign? Another 1st and a prospect? Who do they even have in their prospect pool?

I like the Pens idea. What if we could send Stone and Boeds for Pouliot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad