Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Coyotes Roster - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Depends on the maturity level of the player. Given, the only comparison that we have with very high draft picks at the C spot are Strome and Turris, so I understand feeling that it is a risk when the only comparison ran himself out of town.

Exactly. I understand why Stome was sent down and that is fine, but I think he would have had a good year if he made the club. I still say he is better than Domi.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Totally agree. That's a rushing mentality that got us to this ****** spot.

See my previous post - totally different situation.

The only previous basis that we had was Turris, Boedker, and Tikhonov. Think back to those years and the understanding of those players at the time. Did any one of them give the sense of competing in a proper system under Gretzky?

They were given the world with few repercussions. Domi and Martinook just had a different mindset with their talent level and were held to a different level of accountability. During the year, was there ever a thought that Martinook or Domi "played like a rookie" to the extent that those other three did?

The idea that each time a young player is considered for the team, that does not necessarily mean that we are "rushing" them. And I would think that would be clear with a player like Duclair, b/c you have to get more than 14 minutes a night to be "rushed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->