Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Coyotes Roster - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hanzel, Vermette and Richardson all under contract next season. Leaves one center spot open for Strome. So unfortunately I think Gordo goes. Love his work ethic!

Unless the team is getting tired of Hanzal and he health problems.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Richardson is a 4th liner center. Vermette is a 3rd line center. If you have Rihardson on your 3rd line and Vermette on your 2nd line, then you are going to have a top ten draft pick. The Coyotes always have a 4th line as their third line and always have scrubs like Chipchura and Moss that aren't NHL or even AHL caliber players that Dave Tippett loves, but can't even earn AHL contracts as a 4th line. It's one of the reasons why we are always such a terrible NHL team and never make the playoffs.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yep we always have a team full of Tippett clones. You can win with a line of defensively responsible players that don't score, not if that describes the majority of your roster. I'd like to see Richardson and Vermette fighting it out for a spot (or trade one of them) and Hanzal in another leaving two center spots open, especially if we hit the jackpot and land Matthews. We need more skilled talent on the roster that can handle the puck in all situations, even if that means putting up with some growing pains.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yep we always have a team full of Tippett clones. You can win with a line of defensively responsible players that don't score, not if that describes the majority of your roster. I'd like to see Richardson and Vermette fighting it out for a spot (or trade one of them) and Hanzal in another leaving two center spots open, especially if we hit the jackpot and land Matthews. We need more skilled talent on the roster that can handle the puck in all situations, even if that means putting up with some growing pains.

Well then I suggest you convince rt and the likes to attend AT LEAST as many games as you do because, even if we manage to get these skilled player, we won't be able to keep them w/o generating some revenue via ticket sales.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Vermette should be on a wing next season

Players we don't need back or need upgrades on:
Chipchura, Gordon, Plotnikov, Sekac, Dahlbeck, Grossman

We need better players than those listed to help improve the club. Some of the spots can be filled internally, but we'll need a good off season with Free Agency to fill some holes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
1. Domi-Hanzal-Duclair
^ Dino needs to open his ****ing eyes. That's our top line.

2. Rieder-Strome-Doan
^good goal scoring vets and good defensively with the playmaking rookie.

3. Tanguay-Vermette-Vrbata
^obviously Tanguay and Vermette need each other. A finisher would be a good add. Especially another solid get that's a good two-way guy. This only works if both Tanguay and Vrbata take cheap, one-year deals (maybe 2.5m each)

4. Martinook-Richardson-Samuelsson
^forechecking, back checking, and hustle

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I don't want to see Tanguay or Vrbata next year. That would be as bad as adding more Tippetts to the roster. Either make a trade or sign a legit skilled player or leave the spots open for our youth. Landing that top pick sure would make the blue print for next season a lot easier to make.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Strome is already slotted in between resigned Bolduc and Chipchura for 9 minutes a night. Late in the season we'll play him with Reider and Richardson and be amazed by how much he has "progressed" when his point totals come up.
It's working!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd be okay with one of Tanguay/Vrbata on a cheap one year. That's it. I'd prefer to see Tippett trying to fight of a cardiac without his favourite crutches.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Only room for one of them imo. Dvorak is making this team. Really don't see him in the AHL next year.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think he starts in the AHL bc Tipp would have a stroke with all the youth on the roster. Have to make room for Chipchura at $3M.

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
I think he starts in the AHL bc Tipp would have a stroke with all the youth on the roster. Have to make room for Chipchura at $3M.

Again Gordon fan here and would prefer him over Chippy who I'm also a fan of. Love the hard working no spotlight guys.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Only room for one of them imo. Dvorak is making this team. Really don't see him in the AHL next year.
I agree that Dvorak will make the team, unless if we win the lottery or Dvorak gets traded.
I'm predicting a number of rookies on the team next season which includes Gaudet and Samuelsson (if his skating has improved and he's 100%) as well as Strome and Dvorak.
I do wonder if the upcoming expansion draft will influence the decision of rival GMs enough where (expansion exempt) ELCs and draft picks will be at a premium and players that would not normally be traded will be available. I guess that would be evaluated after rules are decided with whom to expose and who must be protected. I do expect some GMs to pull the trigger sooner than others.
I also think it would be smart to vote against the escalator the expansion year.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
as far as the Richardson, Vermette, Gordon, Chipchura thing, I would think that having "Tipp guys" / FO% are going to heavily influence any decision as long as Tippett is the coach of the Coyotes next season. let us not forget that Vermette, Richardson, Gordon are all some of the NHL's best when it comes to face off percentage and (gordo all the way up there at near 58%...!!). if you're asking me, get rid of Chipchura and keep Gordon around in a role where he only has to play in a limited capacity as the fill-in guy.

long term though i would really only entertain keeping Richardson around. from the current bottom-6, plotnikov is alright, but tikhonov and sejac are also not long-term solutions

next year, center depth chart would pretty much be: Hanzal-Strome-Vermette-Richardson, with gordon filling in occasionally. Hanzal being hurt 30-40 games a year means that strome will occasionally be considered the 1C and for that reason we will likely not really be a real playoff contender next season. As the roster continues to develop, Vermette is gone and eventually even Hanzal if the injuries continue to plague him.... Strome and Dvorak move into the legitimate top-6 roles and not sheltered by the older guys like they will be next season. Hoping that Dvo makes the team as a winger, that will be interesting to see how it shakes out

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
I want Dvorak on the team next year. He's proved he's a top notch prospect with a style that should translate very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad