2015-16 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Who would he replace right now though? We know Bigras wouldn't see much action at all. He's really the one person I want to see called up the most but I want him to get a real taste too so it's tough. I hope he does at some point this season.

I absolutely agree that Bigras needs more than 10 minutes per game in order to get anything out of a call-up. Of the top 4 we have, I'd say Holden is ripest for demotion. If he wants minutes, Bigras will have to play with Barrie, which could be a pretty good combo with Barrie's speed being able to come back and help him out when things are tough.

Holden may be having a good season so far (for him, anyway), but we both know long-term he's never going to be more than a third pairing guy on a decent team. He's just the best we have right now. Put Holden and Gormley together at the bottom and toss Redmond out. I like Redmond's offensive output but we need better play in our own zone going forward. I'd be very interested to see how that works, at least for 6 or 8 games so we can send him back down if it doesn't pan out.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I've really liked what I've seen from Bigras. I think, despite Zadorov's obvious upside, Bigras is the safer bet for a top-4 role in the future. Guy is just so cerebral. Always seems to be in the right place, and his poise is unbelievable for a guy fresh out of junior hockey.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Good night for the Avs org. Rampage win 4-1 and Spencer Martin gets a OT shutout for the Komets, Corbett with the OT goal, his second of the week. I have not watched the Ramoage game but looks like it was a team effort. Rantanen with a point, Zadorov with two and was named first star.

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
Good night for the Avs org. Rampage win 4-1 and Spencer Martin gets a OT shutout for the Komets, Corbett with the OT goal, his second of the week. I have not watched the Ramoage game but looks like it was a team effort. Rantanen with a point, Zadorov with two and was named first star.

If the Avs lose tonight...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
A couple of the goals from tonight. Everbergs was a beauty, with two great passes by Zadorov and Cliche.

1-1 Noreau (Rantanen, Zadorov)

2-1 Everberg (Cliche, Zadorov)

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Everberg seems to have no issue scoring in the AHL. I wonder why he plays with so little confidence with the puck in the NHL. I thought Roy's comment about Everberg trying to score too much was strange, because you could probably count on one hand the amount of times Everberg held onto the puck for longer than 3 seconds on his last callup. I don't have an issue with the rest of what he said, because it's true, but he was definitely not playing all that offensive.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Is Noreau just so bad defensively that he cant play on the NHL level? We could really use that blast of a shot.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Is Noreau just so bad defensively that he cant play on the NHL level? We could really use that blast of a shot.

He's like Stefan Elliott but with more physicality and toughness.

Good player.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Rantanen with another 1G 2A tonight. 17 points in 13 games and +10. Hishon had 1G 1A, Rendulic had the other goal and Everberg and Smith chipped in with an A each.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
1-0 Rendulic (Smith, Rantanen)

2-0 Rantanen (Hishon, Everberg)

3-1 Hishon (Rantanen) EN

It's not even the points that is most impressive about Rantanen. It's all the small things. Always getting first to the puck. Intercepting passes. Clearing the zone. His ability to think the game is remarkable for a kid his age. You feel completely calm with him on the ice. That stuff translates perfectly to the NHL as well.

Everberg has 7 points and is +8 in 5 games in the AHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's not even the points that is most impressive about Rantanen. It's all the small things. Always getting first to the puck. Intercepting passes. Clearing the zone. His ability to think the game is remarkable for a kid his age. You feel completely calm with him on the ice. That stuff translates perfectly to the NHL as well.

I completely agree. Points are more a product of his play than the whole story. I've been calling him a difference maker. I mean look at their record with and without him. Just this week they went 2-0-0 with him and 0-2-1 without him. He's not single handedly winning games, they are playing good team play in their wins but the little things he does is sorely missed without him. If they had penalties drawn in the AHL he'd have at least one a game.

That first one when he intercepted the pass and moved it out of the zone they'd been hemmed in for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad