2015-16 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
No way Rantanen is hurt. Hope it's not serious because I really want to watch him play. I just got home for Thanksgiving break and I'm going to the game in Rockford on Wednesday so I'll post a detailed recap after.

Ballparkmanatee

Nov 22, 2015
Hey guys, I'm new. I'm a Rampage season ticket member and I go to almost every home game of the season, so I'll be chiming in here once in a while.
I think we played better today than we did against Ontario for 50 minutes of the game. The last 10 minutes were bad though... and the Checkers definitely capitalized to say the least. Really disappointing after how well they were playing beforehand, gotta play a full game.

Smith continues to impress me though. He's a bit small, but he makes up for it by playing with a lot of energy. He's got a pretty good shot, works hard, and seems to play with a lot of confidence. He's very noticeable when he's on the ice. Him, Rantanen, and Agozzino have been the standout players for me so far.

Speaking of which, I've got a question for you guys. To be honest, I haven't really followed the Avalanche or their prospects at all until this year. So I was wondering what the deal with Agozzino is? He's tearing it up with the Rampage and he's still somewhat young, but I don't see that much discussion or hype about him anywhere. Is there any reason for that? I'd think he'd get called up more often considering the amount of points he gets down here. Is he just in that limbo of being too good for the AHL but not good enough for the NHL? Just wondering.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I know :shakehead:

I wouldn't have expected Zadorov to score 4 goals in 7 games and have 6 points.

He is def. getting the pp minutes he wouldnt be getting under Roy right now. He should be and I cant imagine he can deny the kid anymore he can deny Grigs the increased ice time once he's back up.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hey guys, I'm new. I'm a Rampage season ticket member and I go to almost every home game of the season, so I'll be chiming in here once in a while.
I think we played better today than we did against Ontario for 50 minutes of the game. The last 10 minutes were bad though... and the Checkers definitely capitalized to say the least. Really disappointing after how well they were playing beforehand, gotta play a full game.

Smith continues to impress me though. He's a bit small, but he makes up for it by playing with a lot of energy. He's got a pretty good shot, works hard, and seems to play with a lot of confidence. He's very noticeable when he's on the ice. Him, Rantanen, and Agozzino have been the standout players for me so far.

Speaking of which, I've got a question for you guys. To be honest, I haven't really followed the Avalanche or their prospects at all until this year. So I was wondering what the deal with Agozzino is? He's tearing it up with the Rampage and he's still somewhat young, but I don't see that much discussion or hype about him anywhere. Is there any reason for that? I'd think he'd get called up more often considering the amount of points he gets down here. Is he just in that limbo of being too good for the AHL but not good enough for the NHL? Just wondering.

Roy seems to like size, so Rendulic/Martinsen/Everberg rank above Smith/Agonzzino in his eyes.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Thats a great question. The way things are going id rather see any of Agozzino or Smith over EVB or even Comeau at times. I know Smith is an easy target because he's a midget but I dont make judgements till they play NHL hockey for extended periods. I just dont see Patrick playing those guys. He'd rather move Cody up into the top lines than call up the skill players.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Agozzino is on the short list, he was in consideration when Street was brought up but he had that bum shoulder for a bit. I do think Agozzino will be one of the next callups. They can't deny what he's done at the AHL level but ultimately I think he's going to be a Street situation, where he can tear it up in the AHL but not be as effective in the NHL but he'll get a chance to show it. I too would like Smith to get another opportunity too and I do think he's one of the consistently best offensive players in SA. As other have said the size fetish is part of it but just it's still a young season and there hasn't been many callups. Also, we've been pretty disillusioned with how AHL development has translated to NHL talent because it's been so bad over the years. Might be one reason why you don't see much hype here for those guys we pretty much stick to the higher end guys to ever have much hope for doing something as a call up.

If I can do math and read the CBA correctly (debatable) I think Agz will be a group 6 UFA at the end of this season too.

MikeMess

Mar 30, 2015
I know :shakehead:

I wouldn't have expected Zadorov to score 4 goals in 7 games and have 6 points.

I thought he played pretty well, but I think he's getting in love with scoring. There was a shift where Hishon was wide open on the wing banging the ice and Z ignored him and the rest of the team to skate into the defense and shoot it. There was no opportunity to capitalize or get a rebound. It was essentially a giveaway.

With the current offense, it's kind of important to set up when they can. They are still scoring pretty well, but their shot opportunities are becoming more and more infrequent.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Martin is back with the Fort Wayne Komets who are doing pretty bad actually.

Good news is this is a 20yo playing his first time in the AHL after dealing with a significant injury last season who stepped into the starter role and pretty much took the job from Roman Will. Before the breakdown by the Rampage in his last game I'd say that was his best game in terms of possession and looking like a pro.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Martin is back with the Fort Wayne Komets who are doing pretty bad actually.

Good news is this is a 20yo playing his first time in the AHL after dealing with a significant injury last season who stepped into the starter role and pretty much took the job from Roman Will. Before the breakdown by the Rampage in his last game I'd say that was his best game in terms of possession and looking like a pro.

Im excited about Spencer Martin. Ive only ever heard good things about him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That pass you mentioned was really nice. So strange to see our prospects actually doing things in the AHL.

Helps when there is some balance and quality... in the past there was a very poor mix of that. They had some quality, but it was always in the same areas... so somebody was getting left behind.

The increase in the system depth is the single best thing this management has done. I wouldn't say they knocked every draft/trade involving prospects out of the park, but each one has been at least a hit.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Helps when there is some balance and quality... in the past there was a very poor mix of that. They had some quality, but it was always in the same areas... so somebody was getting left behind.

The increase in the system depth is the single best thing this management has done. I wouldn't say they knocked every draft/trade involving prospects out of the park, but each one has been at least a hit.

Amen. Building a winning culture starts at the bottom and moves up. These guys need to learn to win in the lower leagues before being forced into the NHL with no idea how to make it work.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I really wish Geertsen wasn't somehow in Chenowyth's doghouse. How is he supposed to develop if he's getting scratched a lot, or playing as a forward? Nate even thought that if Redmond wasn't up with the Avs right now that he would be in Fort Wayne...I mean, he's not been bad enough to deserve a demotion, has he?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I really wish Geertsen wasn't somehow in Chenowyth's doghouse. How is he supposed to develop if he's getting scratched a lot, or playing as a forward? Nate even thought that if Redmond wasn't up with the Avs right now that he would be in Fort Wayne...I mean, he's not been bad enough to deserve a demotion, has he?

Going to Fort Wayne would actually be good for him. He would be a top defender on that team. It's the same thing with Spencer Martin, there's just not enough room because Martin did not deserve to be demoted however he does need the playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad