2015-16 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Ft Wayne Komets (ECHL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He is crushing AHL. What else is he going to learn there? I think his confidence is all time high already, so I dont think that will be issue. Call him up after WJC.

There is tons to learn. He can fine tune things like his shot, his passes. Learn more efficient use of time space line mates ect. He'll also be able to learn the defensive game perfectly aswell.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
There is tons to learn. He can fine tune things like his shot, his passes. Learn more efficient use of time space line mates ect. He'll also be able to learn the defensive game perfectly aswell.

He can learn all these things in the NHL as well. Trying to perfect every part of a players game in the AHL would take years. When someone is dominating as much as he is and already has the proper mental, physical and defensive tools to be a great NHL'er there is no need to overkill it. He's ready, and will be even more ready next month.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He can learn all these things in the NHL as well. Trying to perfect every part of a players game in the AHL would take years. When someone is dominating as much as he is and already has the proper mental, physical and defensive tools to be a great NHL'er there is no need to overkill it. He's ready, and will be even more ready next month.

Meh. I wouldn't mind giving him more time to gain more confidence. Either way I don't think the NHL will hurt him, I'd just rather leave it to the last quarter Atleast. He can be a good NHL player but I want him to get accustomed to dominating because that's what his absolute potential is with his skill level and hockey smarts and frame.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Who would Rantanen even push out of the lineup? Greg is the only realistic option unless Roy suddenly sours on Martinsen.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Keep him in AHL until we don't burn a year of his seven until free agency. Then recall him. I don't mind burning a year off the ELC but no reason to trade a few extra games for a year of his free agency eligibility.

He's not hurt by being in the AHL. He's developing fine down there.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Keep him in AHL until we don't burn a year of his seven until free agency. Then recall him. I don't mind burning a year off the ELC but no reason to trade a few extra games for a year of his free agency eligibility.

He's not hurt by being in the AHL. He's developing fine down there.

I agree plus it's going to take two injuries to have a spot for someone in the lineup.

In less than awesome news, it's suspected Agozzino broke his foot blocking a shot yesterday. And the a Rampage wear the skate guards too... I guess it doesn't stop all injuries.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
This team needs some reinforcements. I would think Roykic would try to bring in some help or something, especially on offense considering who's hurt and called up. The only guy who can be sent down without waivers is Martinsen, but based on Roy's comments, I don't think he's going anywhere. Time to make some trades for SA help or some PTO/ATO contracts.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This team needs some reinforcements. I would think Roykic would try to bring in some help or something, especially on offense considering who's hurt and called up. The only guy who can be sent down without waivers is Martinsen, but based on Roy's comments, I don't think he's going anywhere. Time to make some trades for SA help or some PTO/ATO contracts.

PTOs are worse than what they have and they have nothing to trade. So...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Then Dean has no interest in winning hockey games, so I guess I'll show up and watch individual players as opposed to a team for the rest of this season.

He does; he just...has his own way of expressing it...one of those two, at the very least, is guaranteed to play.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Guess Billington overruled Dean and went out and got a guy anyway. Longtime AHL vet Nick Drazenovic has been added to the roster today.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Guess Billington overruled Dean and went out and got a guy anyway. Longtime AHL vet Nick Drazenovic has been added to the roster today.

Love this. We have some mutual friends so I've followed his career a bit since the Prince George days. The NHL dream hasn't really happened but he's a good AHL player. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
He has been on NHL contracts his whole career, a bit different than a PTO from the ECHL. Sounds like a more permanent thing, which is good.

He's coming off a major neck injury that allowed him to play in just 25 games last year and prevented him from being picked up this summer. I imagine this is a PTO with an opportunity to turn into an AHL deal should he stay healthy.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Love coming to this thread and seeing the trifecta of Zadorov, Rantanen and Bigras killing it. That Rantanen backhand was :amazed:

Hopefully the Rampage get back on track!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With Agozzino joining Street on the injured list, and Mikko soon leaving for the WJC, things look grim. But getting a Center in and a win to end the losing streak, should help stop the bleeding a bit; even if they are still without the all-important Marc Andre Cliche.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
All I see is Jagr when Rantanen enters the offensive zone. The wide stance, the change of speeds, the puck protection, the long reach... just like a mini JJ. I know that is extremely high praise but the playing styles are very similar.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Thought I posted my Skille thing in other thread my fault. Anyways, really glad to see that Drazenovic is playing with us. Anyone know who were his linemates?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad