2015-16 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Ft Wayne Komets (ECHL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Sounds like he is getting to that "too good for the AHL" level. I'm thinking he gets called up after the WJC.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm not sure Manitoba puts up highlights (not that we'd want to see them anyway) but if Freud or anyone could gif that Rantanen goal I think y'all would like to see it, was a beauty.

Somebody posted a video in the Rantanen page on the prospects board.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Wow, that was a beauty. I don't follow Rampage at all, but I always read this thread to see how our prospects down there are doing.

RKB9

Feb 26, 2009
Winnipeg
I was at the game last night and Rantanan was on another level compared to everyone else on the ice. I would think he gets back up with the Avs after the WJCs.

A couple other guys that stood out were Zadorov and Smith. Really impressed with both those guys. Bigras looked pretty solid as well.

Pretty disappointed in Hishon and Aggozinos play, lots of turn overs and couldn't muster much offence.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I was at the game last night and Rantanan was on another level compared to everyone else on the ice. I would think he gets back up with the Avs after the WJCs.

A couple other guys that stood out were Zadorov and Smith. Really impressed with both those guys. Bigras looked pretty solid as well.

Pretty disappointed in Hishon and Aggozinos play, lots of turn overs and couldn't muster much offence.

What did you like about Zadorov's game? Seems to be some conflicting opinions so would like to hear your thoughts.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Oh boy, another blown 2-0 lead.
A 3-2 deficit going on with 10 mins left.

And now it's another loss.

What's that, 6 or 7 straight now?

Last edited:

RKB9

Feb 26, 2009
Winnipeg
What did you like about Zadorov's game? Seems to be some conflicting opinions so would like to hear your thoughts.

His confidence with the puck was the big thing that stuck out to me, had a pretty good stick defensively to break up some plays and was very physical. Still not ready for the nhl but it will come imo.

Also another thing I forgot to mention is that Rantanan seems like the leader of that team already. Before every faceoff you can see him talking to his center and dmen telling them where they should be or what they should do if they win the faceoff.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They really need a good center down there... with Cliche and Street out they look lost.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lol did Rants fake that pass back to Zads or did he fan on it?

It looked like he fanned on it, but with the amount of quick moves and shifts he was doing, it very may well have been a fake.

Its crazy, but I think he could be our best PP runner on the Avs right now.

That PPG he scored is was a perfectly placed shot as well, it doesn't matter what goalie he's facing on that one. It would've went in even at an NHL level.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Leaving RAntanen to AHL after WJC would be stupid. At this point he just seems to crush it there and it's just too easy?! Great move to send him down to build some confidence and after WJC it's time to bring him up. We could actually use more depth on wings, so he would be perfect!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Finally a win. Beauty assist from Rantanen.

1-0 Smith (Rantanen, Corbett)

3-2 Zadorov (Rendulic, Smith)

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I may be in the minority here but I want to see Rantanen stay in the AHL so he can continue making plays like this rather than just trying to play a safe game. This will be huge for his confidence. Better to look out for his development long-term than short.

That said, a few games at the end of the year wouldn't hurt.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I may be in the minority here but I want to see Rantanen stay in the AHL so he can continue making plays like this rather than just trying to play a safe game. This will be huge for his confidence. Better to look out for his development long-term than short.

That said, a few games at the end of the year wouldn't hurt.

He is crushing AHL. What else is he going to learn there? I think his confidence is all time high already, so I dont think that will be issue. Call him up after WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad