2015-16 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Ft Wayne Komets (ECHL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
2Q Report Card is going to be a bloodbath, I'm thinking.

Rantanen and Pickard are the only, and I mean ONLY players playing worth a damn in the last 2 weeks. It's embarrassing and becoming an inconvenience to have tickets to home games.

You're supporting a 1st place team with a slew of very interesting prospects.

Is it really that embarrassing and such an inconvenience to go watch $10 worth of hockey? Come on man.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
2Q Report Card is going to be a bloodbath, I'm thinking.

Rantanen and Pickard are the only, and I mean ONLY players playing worth a damn in the last 2 weeks. It's embarrassing and becoming an inconvenience to have tickets to home games.

Two weeks is just two weeks. With the poor forward depth throughout the organization and all of the young D we have down there; everyone should be pleasantly surprised if it's just two weeks that they **** the bed for.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
You're supporting a 1st place team with a slew of very interesting prospects.

Is it really that embarrassing and such an inconvenience to go watch $10 worth of hockey? Come on man.

1) they haven't been in first place for weeks. In fact, depending on what happens this weekend, they could end up out of a playoff spot Sunday night.

2) Yes, they have some interesting prospects, but as a team they have been playing absolutely awful hockey over the last 2 weeks. With the exception of Rantanen/Pickard (on a consistent basis), and Hishon (hot and cold), it's been miserable watching this team trudge around with no organization, no urgency, and no real plan.

Last night, I kept track of their passing for 15 minutes of game action from late in the second until their lone power play in the 3rd. Not one single time were they able to string together 3 consecutive passes. They have no ability to break out of their own zone with organization or purpose. And if they do, they turn the puck over on a dump and chase 9 times out of 10.

This isn't a new development either. They were the 5th worst possession team after 10 games. In those 10 games, they were 6-1-3. It's awful hockey to watch.

I'd also kill to pay $10 per ticket.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seems like they've been really struggling but hopefully they can pick up a few wins here. They'll likely be without Rantanen soon so it's only going to get tougher.

They're up there in the standings but they only have 11 wins in 24 games, which isn't very good.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So Rantanen is better off with SA, hmmm makes you think twice about that one.

Nah, he probably is. He plays a ton of minutes, in all situations, and can make mistakes while he learns. That won't be the case if he's in the NHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I made it quite clear numerous times what this team was like last year and their shortcomings in the talent department. If there were different expectations derived outside of that I don't know. Bigras, Zadorov, Geertsen and Rantanen are all better than anyone they had on the team last year. They also are all 20 and under.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Having such an inexperienced defense and no really good centers is going to make for a very up and down team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Having such an inexperienced defense and no really good centers is going to make for a very up and down team.

If you're expecting a consistent Calder Cup caliber team while relying on children, with the AHL allstars battling injuries; you're gunna have a bad time.

Duncan Siemens is probably our most consistent Defensive presence down there. I'm still a Dunk believer but that's just not going to lead to a steady performance from the team; even with Noreau and Redmond to help move the puck.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Despite the loss, highlights were good for this one. 3-2 loss, should have been better. Bigras and Corbett both each with 1G 1A, yes Corbett is back and that was his first game. A few blunders but the time in FW did him good. Considering he had 6 points all of last year... I thought Bigras was awesome today. Not just the points but he was everywhere. Mikko got his nightly point on Bigras' goal. The forward lines are pretty meh right now, I'm not sure what can be done about them because they need Cliche back badly. Yes, Cliche. Bonus Zadorov fight in here too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol once Zadorov actually realized he was in a fight, he dummied McKenzie.

Is it just me, or does Colin Smith seem to shoot from EVERYWHERE lol I don't know if he has a good enough shot to be doing that, either.

Stupid giveaway from Hishon at the blue-line and caught flat-footed. Can't be making those risky plays when you're the last man back unless your name is Erik Karlsson. Clearly, Hishon isn't Erik Karlsson.

I thought for sure on Bigras' goal that his stick was going to shatter with how hard he sold the fake-shot. You could even see the whip when he came down on it :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They've been read the riot act to generate more shots so Smith is doing what he's been told. And no, there really isn't a ton of offensive skill on the team. Rantanen is more a playmaker and we see two defenseman scored tonight.

That shorthanded goal nobody is sure if it went in. There was no replay live and in that video it looks like it went post and straight down.

I've flogged Hishon enough on this forum but he needs to get off the top line.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They've been read the riot act to generate more shots so Smith is doing what he's been told. And no, there really isn't a ton of offensive skill on the team. Rantanen is more a playmaker and we see two defenseman scored tonight.

That shorthanded goal nobody is sure if it went in. There was no replay live and in that video it looks like it went post and straight down.

I've flogged Hishon enough on this forum but he needs to get off the top line.

No it went in the net. Just from watching those highlights, if you pause the video immediately at the 3:07 mark and look in the top left corner of the net you can see the puck in the net.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No it went in the net. Just from watching those highlights, if you pause the video immediately at the 3:07 mark and look in the top left corner of the net you can see the puck in the net.

I'll believe you. My iPad doesn't do the slow mo great. If it's a real goal then that's fair it was counted. They've had quite a few iffy ones go against them lately though.

Jessica

17 year Rampage sth
Jul 1, 2005
San Antonio, TX

It hit directly under the crossbar and came out. I could tell it was a good goal (even though I hate to say it, since it was Texas) from where I sit, which is not that far away from that net.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Noreau out for the foreseeable future... didn't like hearing that.

...at least we can stop worrying about killing the Rampage's playoff chances when we call Rantanen up and take some looks at one or two of the young dmen down there. :laugh: ... *sigh*

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
...at least we can stop worrying about killing the Rampage's playoff chances when we call Rantanen up and take some looks at one or two of the young dmen down there. :laugh: ... *sigh*

Hey! Beaupre is going to carry them to the promised land!

It might be a good time to pair up Zadorov and Bigras then put them out there for 30 minutes to see what happens. Can't be worse then what else they could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad