2015-16 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Ft Wayne Komets (ECHL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Thank you very much. Haven't really heard a lot about Bigras and to see him get that high of a grade is impressive. Only small problem I have is the mention of rough outings for Spencer Martin. I'd say a rough 3rd period in his last game but other then that very good.

He was also less than good against Ontario the game before (albeit with zero help from the team in front of him)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

#15 Duncan Siemens 19GP 1g-1a-2pts

Most consistent defensive player on the team. Night in and night out, Siemens can be counted on to play tough minutes and to play them effectively. Very physical and has a hell of a mean streak. Quick to stand up for teammates. (B+)

Every time I read something about Duncan, I get a little more pissed off he has not been given a better look at the NHL level to this point. Grrrr

Especially since the masses seem to believe hes already a bust. Grrrrr!

I still believe in him as a future stable defensive defender. These guys still can carve out a very nice and valuable role in the NHL when they can skate as well as he can. Personally at this point I think he should be on the bottom pair in Colorado getting experience, especially with what we have at the NHL level but whatever. I'm no expert

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Every time I read something about Duncan, I get a little more pissed off he has not been given a better look at the NHL level to this point. Grrrr

I still believe in him as a future stable defensive defender. These guys still can carve out a very nice and valuable role in the NHL when they can skate as well as he can. Personally at this point I think he should be on the bottom pair in Colorado getting experience, especially with what we have at the NHL level but whatever. I'm no expert

I'm in the same boat, especially with how decent he looked against Chicago in his one NHL game last year. He was fine. Had one main blunder but it's nothing that guys like Holden or Guenin didn't do all last season. He needs to be given a shot. I still think he could end up being a Barret Jackman type of guy for some NHL franchise. A bottom pairing guy who is hard to play against, plain and simple.

If they're not going to actually give him a look at the NHL level then it's time to trade him to a team who liked him in the past. I know groups like Philadelphia and Vancouver liked his game, so there would surely be a team willing to give him a shot and maybe give a moderate asset for him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Sounds like Siemens is hurt again.

Dan Weiss ‏@DanWeissPBP 1m1 minute ago San Antonio, TX
Bordeleau suspended for tonight's game for his hit on Schilling Sunday. Siemens & Cliché out with injuries. Maggio returns to the line-up.

From my viewings Siemens still isn't quite ready. There are small moments that suggest he will have some significant issues with NHL speed. I'm not saying they are incurable or that he shouldn't get a chance at some point (he should towards the end of the season), but giving him another 20-30 games in SA will only help him IMO. Next year is the important year for him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Bordeleau is such a joke. Keep him out of the lineup. He isn't good enough first of all and second, he's just going to end up hurting someone and damaging their career.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'm in the same boat, especially with how decent he looked against Chicago in his one NHL game last year. He was fine. Had one main blunder but it's nothing that guys like Holden or Guenin didn't do all last season. He needs to be given a shot. I still think he could end up being a Barret Jackman type of guy for some NHL franchise. A bottom pairing guy who is hard to play against, plain and simple.

If they're not going to actually give him a look at the NHL level then it's time to trade him to a team who liked him in the past. I know groups like Philadelphia and Vancouver liked his game, so there would surely be a team willing to give him a shot and maybe give a moderate asset for him.

Sounds like Vancouver lacks D prospects as well, along with a plethora of forwards

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sounds like Vancouver lacks D prospects as well, along with a plethora of forwards

Unfortunately much of their hockey ops has turned over since the time Siemens was drafted. I know some of the same scouts remain with that organization, so who knows if they'd still have interest.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I think I'm an idiot because I fail to see how that would be worth a suspension after he already got 5+10

Principle point of contact was the head and Zadorov did absolutely nothing to slow down despite his proximity to the end boards.

I don't think you're an idiot, though. He very well may not be suspended since he missed a good chunk of the game.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Principle point of contact was the head and Zadorov did absolutely nothing to slow down despite his proximity to the end boards.

I don't think you're an idiot, though. He very well may not be suspended since he missed a good chunk of the game.

I saw that, however is it really fair to Zadorov that the player was so much smaller? Player had the puck as well I believe. Though the video quality isn't the best (thanks AHL). He also starts to glide at the hashmarks.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think he's getting suspended today, its getting a bit late.

To me it looks like he thought the guy was going to turn, there's nobody else back there so why would he skate toward the boards like that?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Love the kind words for Bourke and Smith; they are just hard not pull for. With Rintintin, Petryk, Rendo, Henley and the AHL allstars up front; the best AHL d we've put together that I've seen from this organization; and Picks/Martin in net. This has lived up to being the best AHL team we've put together yet. Still needs some more depth at forward...but that's true for the organization on the whole. The D and Goalie pipeline looks great and there's some really nice supporting pieces if we can add another stud...or two...or three...to the food chain.

He wasn't ready for an extended look in the past. He's earning it this year though and I hope he gets it with another month or two of what he's been delivering thus far.

Last edited:

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
2Q Report Card is going to be a bloodbath, I'm thinking.

Rantanen and Pickard are the only, and I mean ONLY players playing worth a damn in the last 2 weeks. It's embarrassing and becoming an inconvenience to have tickets to home games.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Two bad weeks makes going to hockey games to watch your home team who is tied for 1st in the division an inconvenience? Tough crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad