burgundy-review.com
celebration.jpg

credit RWTH for the photo

AHL Standings

Rampage Schedule

Continued from here

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Thanks for writing that up. Good to read. I'd like to hear thoughts on Henley. Some people here seemed excited about him possibly carving out a 4th line role in the nhl someday and I'm wondering if that's still the case.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks for writing that up. Good to read. I'd like to hear thoughts on Henley. Some people here seemed excited about him possibly carving out a 4th line role in the nhl someday and I'm wondering if that's still the case.

Sure thing. I still like Henley, just he's on the 4th line and gets stuck with guys like Maggio and Labrie playing forward. I think he can produce a bit more if he's given something to work with like Bourke.

Thanks guys :nod:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Nice nice, Zadorov still sounds like a blast to watch on the ice.

Duncan makes me sad, and I'm still rooting for him to become something for us. Really wish he'd get a real shot at the NHL level.

It seems more unlikely every day. There's so many defenseman better than Siemens or with more potential.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bigras interview

Love that he says he models his game after Suter, makes SO MUCH SENSE. That's my favorite player to compare him to.

Side note... Cheryl's style of questioning makes it obvious shes reading them off sometimes. She got better by the end of the interview though.

Bigras also sounds like hes 14 on the phone lol.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bigras interview

Love that he says he models his game after Suter, makes SO MUCH SENSE. That's my favorite player to compare him to.

Side note... Cheryl's style of questioning makes it obvious shes reading them off sometimes. She got better by the end of the interview though.

makes sense since he also looks 14.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Bigras interview

Anybody has an idea why I can't see these type of links.
It is annoying the heck out of me. It just started a few days ago. No idea if I did something or not. Help!!!!!!!!!!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Rampage lost 4-2 to stupid Rockford. I'm not even really sure what happened. They had a 2-0 lead off of a couple PP goals but were just not good 5 on 5. They scratched Bourke for Cheek which it serves them right for scratching Bourke. Geertsen was out again too. The top two lines weren't great as constructed with Rantanen-Hishon-Everberg and Agozzino-Smith-Rendulic. Smith needs some jam on his line and I don't think Hishon can drive the play enough for Rantanen and Everberg. So we'll see what they come up with for Sunday. Cliche left the game after getting boarded. They were hitting everything in sight especially Siemens. All the hitting would bring a tear to Patty's eye and he might actually call some of them up if he saw it. Picks wasn't the sharpest either but all around a pretty forgettable game. BUT Rantanen and Zadorov picked up points so not all was lost.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Rampage lost 4-2 to stupid Rockford. I'm not even really sure what happened. They had a 2-0 lead off of a couple PP goals but were just not good 5 on 5. They scratched Bourke for Cheek which it serves them right for scratching Bourke. Geertsen was out again too. The top two lines weren't great as constructed with Rantanen-Hishon-Everberg and Agozzino-Smith-Rendulic. Smith needs some jam on his line and I don't think Hishon can drive the play enough for Rantanen and Everberg. So we'll see what they come up with for Sunday. Cliche left the game after getting boarded. They were hitting everything in sight especially Siemens. All the hitting would bring a tear to Patty's eye and he might actually call some of them up if he saw it. Picks wasn't the sharpest either but all around a pretty forgettable game. BUT Rantanen and Zadorov picked up points so not all was lost.

That last sentence is interesting, our best players on the Avs find ways to pick up points even when almost everything has went wrong.

It says something to me at least.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

hockeymm

Dec 27, 2014
Interesting comment today during the game. Along the lines that DC was using his top 4 dmen a lot especially in the second period. Noreau, Siemens, Clark and Bigras. He was questioning in particular Zadarov's limited time. I'm not sure it was limited but was surprised by his top 4. Who are the top 4?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Interesting comment today during the game. Along the lines that DC was using his top 4 dmen a lot especially in the second period. Noreau, Siemens, Clark and Bigras. He was questioning in particular Zadarov's limited time. I'm not sure it was limited but was surprised by his top 4. Who are the top 4?

That's a good question, I don't really know. Maybe those four but then Zadorov plays a ton. I think Noreau and Siemens get used more situationally and it can make them the "third pairing". Today there was Zadorov less because he was paired with Geertsen, who definitely got the least time but then sometimes Zadorov was with Noreau, I think he was with Bigras too once. Dean used to do this a lot last year where everyone played with everyone. When they lose or get behind he starts to tinker, which I understand is better than sitting on his hands but I don't think shuffling the D pairs was really where he should have been looking. I think the forward lines were weakly constructed but missing two centers doesn't help an otherwise healthy roster.

Rockford is a big, experienced team with a lot of NHL vets so I'm not too worried about them losing these games. I mean when you are rolling out Hishon as your top center vs those guys, there's a reason why the third and fourth lines played more. Now if they can't beat Iowa and Manitoba I'm going to riot.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Here are the highlights from the weekend. I forgot that the Rampage don't put in the other team's goals sometimes so hey, its all good video in the first one. You can see Rantanen's points and lots of hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad