2015-16 Lineup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
man i was so glad to see maroon with 15 and 10...maroon works because he can keep plays alive, draw players to him, and not only forecheck like a semi but he annoys the crap out of other teams players...now if BB would only put silf and kesler together and try to find them a winger...i dont know if we could get stewart on that line somehow but that is the type of guy we need on that line IMO....really want a 3rd of hagelin-rakz-wagner

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
When healthy...

Maroon Getzlaf Perry
Sekac Kesler Silf
Hagelin Rakell Stewart
Cogs Thompson Santo/Horcoff

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
When healthy...

Maroon Getzlaf Perry
Sekac Kesler Silf
Hagelin Rakell Stewart
Cogs Thompson Santo/Horcoff

Sekac hasn't done much, I'd much rather see Wagner and/or Friberg on the team.
He does "pretty" things, but the hockey IQ isn't there.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Maroon should not leave the top line. He's not a perfect player but he's got the best chemistry with Perry than anyone else on the team other than Getzlaf. And that's the most important attribute a LW for that line can have. Just leave them together...they've been productive the last two years (including playoffs)

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Liked the 4th line last night and the speed that they brought. Not much body contact needed because they forced the issue with speed. It may be a different story tonight, can a 4th line built like this succeed in the new NHL?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Man I've watched a lot of Pens games this year and Kessel is exactly what this team needs. I wish we would have topped their offer. All that guy does is score. Instead we got Hagelin. A less effective Cogliano.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Man I've watched a lot of Pens games this year and Kessel is exactly what this team needs. I wish we would have topped their offer. All that guy does is score. Instead we got Hagelin. A less effective Cogliano.

well, we are the team that gave you fatty for lovejoy. so if you have an old 3rd or 4th line wing to move, just give JR a call.

free ic

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
If one Cogliano is good, surely two is better?

Not when one of them is suppose to place one of our best finishers in Beleskey. We have over 10 million invested in Hagelin, Cogs, and Silfverberg. That's a lot of money for guys that don't score. One of these guys is going to have to pick up the scoring slack or they're all going to have to pick it up. Otherwise we should move one for a goal scorer. Hagelin is the easy choice imo.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
Not when one of them is suppose to place one of our best finishers in Beleskey. We have over 10 million invested in Hagelin, Cogs, and Silfverberg. That's a lot of money for guys that don't score. One of these guys is going to have to pick up the scoring slack or they're all going to have to pick it up. Otherwise we should move one for a goal scorer. Hagelin is the easy choice imo.

No need to trade one of them, we have our goal scorer in waiting in SD with Ritchie, whenever they want to call up. He has already shown signs that he is ready for NHL.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Hagelin has gotten better and better he's in a new conference on a new team and had no preseason games for whatever reason you guys need to chill, he has a much harder shot than I was anticipating too.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Also, this isn't the first time that Silfverberg has had a dry spell. People need to give him a bit of time to sort **** out as well.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Ah, but the time allotted to sorting one's **** out, is inversely proportional to the size of one's contract. Silf cut his sorting time down quite a bit this summer. :laugh:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Also, this isn't the first time that Silfverberg has had a dry spell. People need to give him a bit of time to sort **** out as well.

The good thing about a guy like Silf is that he's still an incredible smart defensive player even when the goals dry up. He brings value every night, even if we do expect more.

DaDucks*

I'm guessing Silf didn't put the same work in as his "show me" offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad