2015-16 Lineup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Hi ladies and gents of HFDucks.

I just had a question about Sekac as I've always been interested in him since his Montreal days. I've seen Sekac be pencilled in here on the third line alongside Rakell, or on the first line alongside Getzlaf/Perry and I was wondering a) why that was/why is there a 2-line discrepancy and b) has he seen much in the way of PP time last year/is he anticipated to do so this year?

From my limited viewings he seems to be developing into a typical middle-six winger. He's young, but he's also never broken 20 points in this league and has something like a .28 PPG so far.

Looking forward to any insight y'all have for me. :)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Safe bet is 33-35 points if he sticks. If he has a real good showing MAYBE 45. Depending on who he plays with.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Hi ladies and gents of HFDucks.

I just had a question about Sekac as I've always been interested in him since his Montreal days. I've seen Sekac be pencilled in here on the third line alongside Rakell, or on the first line alongside Getzlaf/Perry and I was wondering a) why that was/why is there a 2-line discrepancy and b) has he seen much in the way of PP time last year/is he anticipated to do so this year?

From my limited viewings he seems to be developing into a typical middle-six winger. He's young, but he's also never broken 20 points in this league and has something like a .28 PPG so far.

Looking forward to any insight y'all have for me. :)

The one thing you can be sure of about our left wings is that everyone will see time on every line. So Sekac is just caught up in the normal rotation. That being said, I believe Sekac's training camp was good enough to warrant him getting first crack on the Twins' line. Chances are he won't be staying there long because the lines are about as consistent as beaten eggs.

Didn't really get much PP time at all when he was with us, but I think he might be getting some time on the second unit this year. Just a hunch. Sekac doesn't quite seem to be the kind of player that uses extra space to his advantage. Again, that's my opinion.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Hey guys, how's Santorelli looked so far and where does he project to play in the lineup? Thanks in advance!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hey guys, how's Santorelli looked so far and where does he project to play in the lineup? Thanks in advance!

Pretty good i think. Realistically he would be bottom 6 RW with PP time but now if Silf is out he will take his place on 2RW

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Safe bet is 33-35 points if he sticks. If he has a real good showing MAYBE 45. Depending on who he plays with.

I wouldn`t call it a safe bet just yet, tbh. And i`m a fan of Sekac.

He haven`t done it before - so let`s see if he can do it at least once, first

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Did we really need another training camp thread seeing as it's over? Couldn't we continue this in the lineup thread?

Does it really affect you that much Joe?

Was continued as there was an active discussion in the previous thread. If another mod wants to merge they are more then welcome to.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
2015-2016 Lineup Discussion

With the 23-man roster set and lines being consistent the last little while I think we can expect the opening night roster to look like this:

Hagelin-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Sekac-Rakell-Perry
Maroon-Horcoff-Santorelli

Fowler-Despres/Manson
Lindholm-Bieksa
Stoner-Vatanen

I didn't think Boudreau would stick with the Getzlaf/Perry split all the way until the season started but here we are. I'm really conflicted about this. I like the idea that we're spreading the offense out like we are but at the same time I don't like when those two aren't together. They've been a pair for so long for a reason. I'm incredulous that this will work but it's worth a shot I guess. Shall we start the wagers on how long this will last?

It'll be interesting to see how Manson fits into the lineup. By my observation he looks to be competing with Despres to partner up with Fowler. I know a lot would prefer he bump Stoner out of the lineup but I'm not sure Despres and Vatanen are a fit together. It'd really be a bummer if he's just to be a spare until needed but I guess a few games in that role won't kill him. That's the biggest question mark heading into Saturday's opener for me.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Also - how will the extra forward thing play out? As of now we have 2, it can`t be like that forever and with our AHL team now so close it should be one extra forward. Right?

Manson will not sit in a press box. Either he sees ice time or he`s switched with Holzer.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
I think that looks about right for opening night given that Boudreau's rolled with it in practice for awhile now. Would like to see Despres-Vatanen tried out in practice at least before Saturday, so that please can we sit Stoner, Bruce?, but overall looks fine.

If Stewart continues to underwhelm once the season gets underway, swapping him and Santo could be an easy shake-up if the coaches are insistent on keeping Getz, Perry, and Kes all spread out.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Also - how will the extra forward thing play out? As of now we have 2, it can`t be like that forever and with our AHL team now so close it should be one extra forward. Right?

Manson will not sit in a press box. Either he sees ice time or he`s switched with Holzer.

In the past that has definitely been Murray's preference but at this point the only way we can get down to having just a spare forward is by sending Wagner down and exposing him to waivers. But that only solves that problem until Thompson is healthy. In order to only have 13 forwards once Thompson is healthy we'll have to remove two players off this roster. One player has to go, there's no way around, but it seems really unlikely that Murray will demote two seemingly everyday players. So if we're going to basically have to go with 14 forwards by then we might as well do so now.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
I too believe that Getz/Perry will be reunited pretty quickly. The only way that they don't get reunited is if Stewart has a fantastic year and sticks on the top line...which I'm really doubting after his pre-season showing. He looked closer to Heatley 2.0 than a first liner.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Didn't Hagelin not mesh well with Getzlaf, or am I just imagining things?

Thought Hagelin-Kesler-Silfverberg was a lock for the season opener.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Didn't Hagelin not mesh well with Getzlaf, or am I just imagining things?

Thought Hagelin-Kesler-Silfverberg was a lock for the season opener.

Hags looked rusty in his first preseason game playing with Getzy. I can't speak for the other game against the Sharks but the coaching staff seems pretty set on going with him in that spot. A lot of assumed Hags would be with Kes but the ultimate indicator in game action and they never got that. I have little doubt they'll end up together sooner rather than later though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad