2015-16 Fantasy Football Discussion: Final stretch/playoffs

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Won games in each of my leagues for the first time in roughly 10 weeks. Feels good.

One league was the game that got me into the playoffs starting next week and the other league was the opening round of the playoffs.

:handclap:

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Well, that wraps up the regular season. My games are unofficially over. I finished both main leagues first at 12-1. Quite impressed.

Now for week 14, the assessment week.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I am sooooo pissed right now.

I was locked into playing in the wild card weekend already. I suppose I could have moved from 5th to 3rd maybe (won't happen because those teams won, so I'll be 5th anyways).

And this was my roster:

Cam Newton
Mike Evans
Allen Robinson
Mark Ingram
Matt Forte
Greg Olsen
John Brown
Chandler Catanzaro
KC Defense

My kicker scored 9 points. Everyone else was in double digits, with Newton/Robinson combining for 80 points by themselves. 180 point outing.

Wasted on a meaningless week. Why couldn't this have happened next week? :(

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lost badly. Just meh weeks for everyone outside of Brady. Next week is the last regular season game for me. Already clinched so just sitting back and hoping Gronk comes back for week 15, and Brady gets someone else to throw to. Need both going strong to have a chance.

At least now the Pats have to keep playing hard to try and secure the bye. Brady should be playing full games rest of the way.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Cam putting in work, ended up with him in a few leagues this year, didn't specifically seek him out but seemed to always be available by the time I wanted to go QB and he's paying off big time :yo:

Common theme I've noticed across my leagues is that my RB's really aren't doing jack for me, and it really isn't all that bad. Receivers and QBs are doing the business.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I hope no stat corrections cause me to lose :sarcasm: I put up 157 in standard. Big Ben, ODB, Brandon Marshall, Forte, Denver D and Dan Bailey :laugh: Lamar Miller, Greg Olsen and Amari Cooper came too.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Thoughts on Josh Gordon for next year?

So hard to predict. The whole organization is a mess right now so no one really knows what to expect. Clearly the team needs a playmaker so for that reason you would think he'll be welcomed back. There's a chance they finally draft a WR in the first couple rounds this year, but that may or may do anything to his value. It's really hard to say but I hope Gordon can get back into the league and actually stay on the field.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I guess didn't get the memo that it's acceptable to raid the non-playoff teams for their good players right before the playoffs start :shakehead

this is stupid. Guys got WR1s and TE1s for nothing, everything's gone now so I'll be stuck with nothing. Welp, my championship chances lasted about 12 hours.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I guess didn't get the memo that it's acceptable to raid the non-playoff teams for their good players right before the playoffs start :shakehead

this is stupid. Guys got WR1s and TE1s for nothing, everything's gone now so I'll be stuck with nothing. Welp, my championship chances lasted about 12 hours.

I was in a league where that happened once. I never played with those guys again after that.

There wasn't a trade deadline? Is it a one year league? In one year leagues, I frown upon the bottom teams making trades late in the season.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I was in a league where that happened once. I never played with those guys again after that.

There wasn't a trade deadline? Is it a one year league? In one year leagues, I frown upon the bottom teams making trades late in the season.

First league for this group, yeah. I've played in other leagues with some of the guys though. Trade deadline was originally in mid-late November but was re-set to the 10th about a 2 weeks ago.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
First league for this group, yeah. I've played in other leagues with some of the guys though. Trade deadline was originally in mid-late November but was re-set to the 10th about a 2 weeks ago.

If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't play with any of these guys ever again. It's your call, though.

And a one year league having a trade deadline that late just screams disaster.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't play with any of these guys ever again. It's your call, though.

And a one year league having a trade deadline that late just screams disaster.

Yeah it's ridiculous. the commish "agreed" that every playoff team can make a lopsided trade for a player. Thing is, the first ones to do it got Megatron, Hopkins, etc...I was the last one to find out and got Fitzgerald. Not as much of a sure thing.

Pretty stupid but whatever.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah it's ridiculous. the commish "agreed" that every playoff team can make a lopsided trade for a player. Thing is, the first ones to do it got Megatron, Hopkins, etc...I was the last one to find out and got Fitzgerald. Not as much of a sure thing.

What the hell?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

That's beyond stupid. Our deadline was like week 9 and the commish vetoed any trade that was fishy.

Plus any team that tried to dump players get their team locked and kicked out of our league for good. Guy is last tried and is locked out now.

Definitely wouldn't play with those guys again unless they are actual friends and they put some legit rule changes in next year.

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
Third year playing fantasy football...finally made the playoffs for the first time :)

Missed the playoffs in my 12 team league, but made it in my 10 team. I thank my trade deadline deals where I picked up Cam Newton, AJ Green, Charcandrick West, Mike Evans, and Jeremy Hill :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad