2015/16 CCHL Season.

hawkeye guy

Jul 7, 2010
Awards

KA tweeted out finalists for Awards, here they are: PREDICTIONS?

Coach of the Year: Traylen (Braves), Favreau (Grads), Grady (SFB)
GM of the Year: Traylen (Braves), Henderson (Hawks), Grady (SFB)
MVP: Johnson (Braves), Cameron (Grads)
Defence: Joseph (CP), Salloum (Grads), Rappleyea ( Sens)
Rookie: Crotty (Braves), Levesque (Hawks), Meireles (Sens)
Sportmanship: Frechette (Grads), Row ( 73's), Pearson (Sens)
Goalie: Johnson (Braves), Marotte (Nepean), Debrower (SFB)
Top Prospect: Crotty ( Braves), Murray (CPC), Guy ( 73's)
Top Graduate: Billings ( Braves), Cameron (Grads), Rappleyea (Sens)

Coach: Favreau
GM: Henderson
MVP: Cameron
Defence: Salloum
Rookie: Levesque
Sportmanship: Frechette
Goalie: Johnson
Prospect: Murray
Graduate: Cameron

Hockeydad67

May 3, 2014
Now that the standings are finalized and the 2016 draft order set, does anybody have any info on the actual draft order that would include any or all picks traded for the first few rounds of this years draft?

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Coach of the Year: Traylen (Braves), Favreau (Grads), Grady (SFB)
GM of the Year: Traylen (Braves), Henderson (Hawks), Grady (SFB)
MVP: Johnson (Braves), Cameron (Grads)
Defence: Joseph (CP), Salloum (Grads), Rappleyea ( Sens)
Rookie: Crotty (Braves), Levesque (Hawks), Meireles (Sens)
Sportmanship: Frechette (Grads), Row ( 73's), Pearson (Sens)
Goalie: Johnson (Braves), Marotte (Nepean), Debrower (SFB)
Top Prospect: Crotty ( Braves), Murray (CPC), Guy ( 73's)
Top Graduate: Billings ( Braves), Cameron (Grads), Rappleyea (Sens)

Coach of the Year: Favreau (Grads),
GM of the Year: Henderson (Hawks
MVP:Cameron (Grads)
Defence: Joseph (CP),
Rookie: Crotty (Braves),
Sportmanship: Pearson (Sens)
Goalie: Johnson (Braves),
Top Prospect: Crotty ( Braves),
Top Graduate: Cameron (Grads),

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
No disrespect to Traylen, but how does Favreau not get the nod as Coach of the year? Takes a team that was 15/43/2/2 (34 pts) in 2014/2015 to 36/19/5/2 (79 pts) in 2015/2016

417hockey

Oct 3, 2014
SF isn't coach of the year because the grads had the third worst record in the CC after December 5

Soon as they lost Dauda the wheels fell off
That isn't coach of the year material

DT got his program established and ran the season. Got stronger and stronger as is progressed
As you can also see so far in round 1

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
SF isn't coach of the year because the grads had the third worst record in the CC after December 5

Soon as they lost Dauda the wheels fell off
That isn't coach of the year material

DT got his program established and ran the season. Got stronger and stronger as is progressed
As you can also see so far in round 1

In addition to the on ice success, Dustin is a first time head coach in the league together with his other duties as an owner and GM. Not sure all his players would agree with the title. Nonetheless, as an outsider, this is a good choice for coach of the year.

PG

Feb 2, 2012
No disrespect to Traylen, but how does Favreau not get the nod as Coach of the year? Takes a team that was 15/43/2/2 (34 pts) in 2014/2015 to 36/19/5/2 (79 pts) in 2015/2016

Favreau was provided with - one great trade, and then the team purchased a bunch of players from Quebec….seeing the result of that now with a team built for the regular season and individual play - not for playoffs and the heart needed to win tough games

Hope I'm wrong and they turn it around

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
All valid points for the Coach of the Year discussion. Thanks for the input and for enlightening me. You could kinda say it's SF's first year as "head" coach also, given that he it really is Jennings that was calling the shots off and on the bench, but that's neither here nor there lol.

Stittsvillain

Nov 3, 2012
Who does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to securing an NCAA commit? Is it the cchl1 team or the players paid advisor?

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Who does most of the heavy lifting when it comes to securing an NCAA commit? Is it the cchl1 team or the players paid advisor?

There is no one answer to that question. There are some good teams at promoting and there are also some that are not, it is the same with advisors some are good and some that are only concerned with collecting a fee.

thehoodie

Jan 22, 2015
There is no one answer to that question. There are some good teams at promoting and there are also some that are not, it is the same with advisors some are good and some that are only concerned with collecting a fee.

If a parent was seeking this, who are the agents worth pursuing and who would you suggest steering clear of, or is that unfair to even ask for such info.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016

My theory is let the player do all the work on the ice and off ice plus education in high school. Attending the college hockey combine is well worth it for exposure and you could also let player join a team to attend Chowder Cup in Boston as well if you want more exposure. If it is meant to be then it will happen...don't force it.

Stittsvillain

Nov 3, 2012
So typically who starts the conversation? Is it someone (team or advisor) saying to the school "have I got a player for you" or is it the school saying to the player "have I got an opportunity" for you?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
So typically who starts the conversation? Is it someone (team or advisor) saying to the school "have I got a player for you" or is it the school saying to the player "have I got an opportunity" for you?

My son went to college hockey combine and it was the schools who approach the players. They will continue to follow the player during the season and if interested they will get back.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013

Typically the schools make the initial contact but good Junior teams also promote their players and it often gets the attention of schools, the good advisors who have a history with the school can do the same thing. In the end no matter how you catch the attention of the school, players will have to prove their worthy of a spot on the team on the ice.

The primary purpose of most Summer Combines/Showcases/Tournaments are to make someone money, even a lot of the school representatives get paid to attend at some of the events, which I have no problem with (even sent my own kids to them over the years knowing this). But if in the end if a few players catch the attention of a school or Junior team and it results in them getting placed then it is good. I know my kids enjoyed them for the most part.

Hockeydad67

May 3, 2014
A paid advisor or an unpaid agent will null and void a players ncaa eligibility. First you need to register with the ncaa eligibility center, then submit your high school marks, finally write the SAT exam. Once you have completed all three then any D1 school can invite the player to the school for an official visit (expenses paid by the school). Be careful using agents and/or advisors...... If your son or daughter signed a contract with any agency... Say hi to the CIS and goodbye to NCAA

Radagast

Mar 3, 2014
A paid advisor or an unpaid agent will null and void a players ncaa eligibility. First you need to register with the ncaa eligibility center, then submit your high school marks, finally write the SAT exam. Once you have completed all three then any D1 school can invite the player to the school for an official visit (expenses paid by the school). Be careful using agents and/or advisors...... If your son or daughter signed a contract with any agency... Say hi to the CIS and goodbye to NCAA

For people who want real information.

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Who would have thought CP vs Pemb series is the only close one. Looks like Ottawa has turned it on for playoffs. B'ville up 3 - 0 in that series. Hawk up on SF 3 - 0 with a couple close scores. I did some research on Wikipedia to discover that the Bears have been in league for 43 years approx. and have only won 4 league titles. This surprised me as they seem like a well run organization over the years.

highwayman

Aug 4, 2015
Who would have thought CP vs Pemb series is the only close one. Looks like Ottawa has turned it on for playoffs. B'ville up 3 - 0 in that series. Hawk up on SF 3 - 0 with a couple close scores. I did some research on Wikipedia to discover that the Bears have been in league for 43 years approx. and have only won 4 league titles. This surprised me as they seem like a well run organization over the years.

Brockville joined the league in 1963 and has only captured 2 league crowns - 1986 and 1998. The Braves played out of Rockland for one year.

Pembroke has the distinction of the having the most consecutive championships - five, 2007-2011, this was the Keefe era.

Only two teams have captured three in a row - Pembroke - 1987 - 1989 and Cornwall - 1966 - 1968

So Carleton Place, winners the last two years would like to join this exclusive club by bagging the hat trick.

Nationals Champions - Rockland, 1976; Pembroke, 2011

League was founded in 1961 and here is the champions listing by today's active teams:.

Pembroke - 14
Cornwall - 8
Hawkesbbury - 7
Smiths Falls - 4
Ottawa Senators - 3
Nepean - 3
Brockville - 2
Kanata - 2
Gloucester - 2
Carleton Place - 2
Cumberland - 0
Kemptville - 0

And not to be outdone - since 1978 Embrun has won 17 junior 'C' championships, quite a feat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad