2015/16 CCHL Season.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
I have followed this league for almost 10 years now, and although I missed three of the seven games, I can say that this was the best Bogart Cup final that I've seen. I wasn't expecting Ottawa to give CP a run, especially after losing the first two games in OT. CP is a very good hockey club, and I see them winning the Fred Page Cup again this year. Didn't like what I saw at the end of the game from the CP coach, but I am no longer surprise by his antics. No class.

Unfortunately missed game today ......what happened at the end of game?

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Well, CP three-peats. I know Coach Clarke's three-straight championships will rankle with some people around the CC, but there's no denying that he runs the best program in the league. CP has usurped Pembroke's role as the league's 'flagship' franchise.

Best team in the league this season; deepest forward group, six solid two-way defencemen, and one of the best goalies in the league in Colton Point.

Awesome series, was a pleasure to cover it. Have to wonder whether G7 may have panned out different if OJS D Sean Rappleyea had played and OJS D Hunter Gunski hadn't gone down injured in the first period. Put a lot of strain on a pretty young D core; 2000-born Merrick Rippon played upwards of 15 minutes.

Then again, CP was without Post and Dodson the whole final so...

Wicked series, glad some great crowds got out this weekend to watch some awesome hockey. :handclap:

Johnny 2K8

Oct 23, 2008
Unfortunately missed game today ......what happened at the end of game?

I'm not sure why, but CP's coach was yelling at the OJS bench right after the final buzzer. He was also making gestures towards them. I have no idea why he was acting like this at that time, but lots of people in the stands noticed it. One thing I like about playoff hockey is that once you hear the final buzzer, everything stops. You win with class, and you lose with class. That's why we have the handshake at the end. So yes, CP runs a great hockey program, but the person in charge is not what I would consider a good role model for the players. Needs to mature a little.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
I'm not sure why, but CP's coach was yelling at the OJS bench right after the final buzzer. He was also making gestures towards them. I have no idea why he was acting like this at that time, but lots of people in the stands noticed it. One thing I like about playoff hockey is that once you hear the final buzzer, everything stops. You win with class, and you lose with class. That's why we have the handshake at the end. So yes, CP runs a great hockey program, but the person in charge is not what I would consider a good role model for the players. Needs to mature a little.

Dont call a timeout in A 7 0 game and have your players cheer and taunt our bench on 6th and 7th goal.

YoYoMa

Sep 2, 2015

Everybody likes to throw darts at the champs eh?

I guess you missed the handshake where all the coaching staff from both benches were congratulating each other on an excellent season and playoff by both teams.

Johnny 2K8

Oct 23, 2008
Everybody likes to throw darts at the champs eh?

I guess you missed the handshake where all the coaching staff from both benches were congratulating each other on an excellent season and playoff by both teams.

I didn't miss the handshake, but it's what happened before the handshake that showed no class on the part of the CP coach. As for the timeout in a 7-0 game, I don't have any problems with it if it's for the right reasons. The game was getting our of hand, and the OJS coaching staff were giving it to their players for being stupid. The taunting, eh, we are talking about teenagers here, stuff like that happens, especially in the playoffs. To be honest, I could care less if the players and coaches go at it during a seven game series. That's what makes it entertaining hockey. But when it's over, it's over. Show some class. But again, we're talking about the same guy who got suspended by HEO for calling the Nepean Midget players f****** f*** so I can't say I'm surprise. Good luck to CP at the Fred Page Cup. I'm sure they'll do well as they have a heck of a team.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Everyone forgets about the Clarke timeout two minutes after the Jr. Sens timeout in game 6, where he stared at the Ottawa bench the entire time and didn't say a single word to his players. At least Dagenais was telling his players to calm down. Then of course the end-of-game taunting after winning a championship, just completely offside.

Hats off to CPC, they've really shown a lot in the last three years and have put together one hell of a hockey team. I'm really happy for the players. Too bad the coach can't win without disrespecting his opponents.

Last edited:

ValleyTitans

Jul 18, 2015
Game winning goal was a joke! I was right behind the net and no way in hell that puck crossed the line. Goal judge, CP supporter, lit the lamp only after the ref called it a goal. That puck never crossed the line. How the hell does a league not have impartial goal judges?

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
I didn't miss the handshake, but it's what happened before the handshake that showed no class on the part of the CP coach. As for the timeout in a 7-0 game, I don't have any problems with it if it's for the right reasons. The game was getting our of hand, and the OJS coaching staff were giving it to their players for being stupid. The taunting, eh, we are talking about teenagers here, stuff like that happens, especially in the playoffs. To be honest, I could care less if the players and coaches go at it during a seven game series. That's what makes it entertaining hockey. But when it's over, it's over. Show some class. But again, we're talking about the same guy who got suspended by HEO for calling the Nepean Midget players f****** f*** so I can't say I'm surprise. Good luck to CP at the Fred Page Cup. I'm sure they'll do well as they have a heck of a team.

Another noteworthy piece to post in my office for motivation. Thank you.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Game winning goal was a joke! I was right behind the net and no way in hell that puck crossed the line. Goal judge, CP supporter, lit the lamp only after the ref called it a goal. That puck never crossed the line. How the hell does a league not have impartial goal judges?

Seems to have been a lot of controversial goals this playoff season, Ottawa also had them one in Kemptville series and several in Hawkesbury series.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Congrats to coach Clarke and CP organization and best of luck moving forward

On a side note coach Clarke must be somewhat disappointed with home crowds ...more people by over a hundred watched the final game Perth / Casselman ( 843 fans ) compared to game seven in CP (701)...and the powers at be want to change CCHL2...in regards to player age restriction 16 year olds and gettin rid of 21 year olds.......makes no sense to me...

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Congrats to coach Clarke and CP organization and best of luck moving forward

On a side note coach Clarke must be somewhat disappointed with home crowds ...more people by over a hundred watched the final game Perth / Casselman ( 843 fans ) compared to game seven in CP (701)...and the powers at be want to change CCHL2...in regards to player age restriction 16 year olds and gettin rid of 21 year olds.......makes no sense to me...

Incorrect....you were not at the games then. Seating capacity is only 700.....over 700 game 3 and 5....over 1000 in game 7....not allowed by town to post over seating capacity....

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Incorrect....you were not at the games then. Seating capacity is only 700.....over 700 game 3 and 5....over 1000 in game 7....not allowed by town to post over seating capacity....

Didn't make game 7 ....goin by box score....anyway that's good ....can remember back in JRB era ...rink was jammed in a couple of Valley finals ....Good luck the rest of way.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Congrats to CP on another Fred Page Cup win

Hope they win it all this go around at the RBC

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
Notice the waning interest in this blog.
2013/2014 83 pages with 2048 posts.
2014/2015 41 pages with 1019 posts .
This year 18 posts 443 and counting ? posts. What gives?

Also good luck C.P. Third time lucky?

newfan

Jun 6, 2009
yes lets go CP! I think most of us can agree on that!

A major accomplishment to make it there 3 times in a row. You need to be very good but you also need to be fortunate! (ie injuries, puck luck etc). Anything can happen in a short round robin format

highwayman

Aug 4, 2015
yes lets go CP! I think most of us can agree on that!

A major accomplishment to make it there 3 times in a row. You need to be very good but you also need to be fortunate! (ie injuries, puck luck etc). Anything can happen in a short round robin format

Yes, go CP this is the year. CP is the first to team to win 3 Page Cups and the first team to do in consecutive years. Since the inception of the FPC - CCHL teams hold a 50% championship record - 11 of 22 years, fantastic record for sure.

YoYoMa

Sep 2, 2015
Yes, go CP this is the year. CP is the first to team to win 3 Page Cups and the first team to do in consecutive years. Since the inception of the FPC - CCHL teams hold a 50% championship record - 11 of 22 years, fantastic record for sure.

Good on the CCHL! I'm sure the Quebec and the MHL can't be to pleased with that HAHA.

I would venture a guess the OJHL has a similar record at their Regional, the Dudley-Hewitt Cup, against the NOJHL and the SIJHL.

Some leagues just seem to be naturally stronger than others.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The current format for the Dudley Hewitt Cup has only been in place for 14 years. The league breakdown for championships are:

OJHL 10
NOJHL 2
SIJHL 2

Radagast

Mar 3, 2014
Good on the CCHL! I'm sure the Quebec and the MHL can't be to pleased with that HAHA.

I would venture a guess the OJHL has a similar record at their Regional, the Dudley-Hewitt Cup, against the NOJHL and the SIJHL.

Some leagues just seem to be naturally stronger than others.

Pounding on lesser leagues and being proud of the result does seems weak.

Here's where it really counts:

RBC Cup Champions for last 20 years:

WCC Winner: 15
Page Winner: 3 (2 x by MHL team)
Hewitt: 2

My guess is that many Runner-Ups at the WCC would have won Page or Hewitt Cups if they were playing in those leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad