2015/16 CCHL Season.

hockey guru

Mar 26, 2016
OJS-Hawks

I would not exactly say that Sullivan or McCaw have torn up the league this year. They put up decent numbers during the season but did have great stats in the the first round of the playoffs. You have to remember that Sullivan is 20 years old. 2 years ago he had 6 goals in the entire season. Have to agree that officiating in CCHL is terrible. Not only that but even the linesman blew the 2nd goal for Sens when they were offside. It is living up to be a good series aside from a OJS coach who seems to love the spotlight and tries desperately to try and intimidate the officiating.

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
Wild series between Hawks and Sens. Will Sens break home team win streak or will it go to game 7? C.P. must be getting antsy!

fred

Sep 12, 2015
play offs

I must admit to being disappointed with the play offs. One series going 4 games to 2 . the rest being 4 straight or 4 to 1. Not as competitive as i thought . Is there not enough parity in the league?

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
Starting tonight in Carleton Place, then tomorrow in Ottawa. But 4 games in 5 nights is a heavy schedule. Hopefully an exciting series!

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Starting tonight in Carleton Place, then tomorrow in Ottawa. But 4 games in 5 nights is a heavy schedule. Hopefully an exciting series!

Good game last night, I am sure OJS would like the 2 1/2 minutes back when CP scored 3 goals. It has the makings of a good series.

hawkeye guy

Jul 7, 2010

Good game last night, I am sure OJS would like the 2 1/2 minutes back when CP scored 3 goals. It has the makings of a good series.

I say CP in 5!
Also I was going through some teams sites poking around for news and Ian Henderson is not listed on Hawks website anymore as GM? Now Rick Dorval. He was GM of the Year?! I wonder what he's up to or what team may try to grab him? Could be a big add on for a few teams out there. Wonder if anyone else will be dropped or added. Any news on a Kanata Coach?

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
I say CP in 5!
Also I was going through some teams sites poking around for news and Ian Henderson is not listed on Hawks website anymore as GM? Now Rick Dorval. He was GM of the Year?! I wonder what he's up to or what team may try to grab him? Could be a big add on for a few teams out there. Wonder if anyone else will be dropped or added. Any news on a Kanata Coach?

Ian tweeted he is now with Le Sommet (Shaun Anderson's prep school) and no longer with Hawks.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Yup. Aesthetics are bad for Hawkesbury. Firing the GM of the Year? Mind you, this isn't exactly a league that cares much about aesthetics :laugh:

Who said he was fired, maybe he chose to move?

He went to a program run by his former partner Shawn Anderson, Le Sommet, which runs outside Hockey Canada. Under Hockey Canada rules he can not be involved in both.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Cp 4, ojs 3 (3-ot)

Van Horn with the GWG midway through third overtime when he could've just finished the job 90 seconds into the first overtime (and about 90 minutes earlier) when he hit the post!

All seriousness, pretty impressive the way CP is playing right now. Some good players out of the lineup, and they're still the deepest team in the league by a mile. Top-end guys are top-end guys.

Gibson/Sullivan/McCaw line has been relatively quiet thus far. Real impressed w/Lombardozzi on CP backend.

Think Point's a little bit high on the central scouting list at no. 4 amongst N.A. goaltenders, but there's no doubt he is a solid goaltender.

CP will take this in either 4 or 5.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Two OT games and you're ready to call it a sweep for CP?

Yup. This team knows how to win big games; players like Larson, St. Pierre, and Robinson, etc. have been there, done that.

I think a 3-OT loss on home ice will be a backbreaker for OJS. Series hinges on tonight's Gm3 for sure.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Two OT games and you're ready to call it a sweep for CP?

If it is a sweep it wouldn't be your traditional dominating CP sweep, this is a really close series and Ottawa could easily be up 2-0. Canadians just know how to score at crucial times, plus it's so hard to beat them in their rink (even though OJS almost did it in game one).

They have a knack for finding holes in goaltenders and exploiting them, and that really seems to be the difference right now. It hasn't been a big spread, but it could be enough to give them four straight wins... I definitely wouldn't be surprised.

60 minutes

Jan 10, 2012
The legacy of SK and his time with the PLK continues in this league. CP in my opinion learned a lot and starting winning championships with the help of former PLK assistant and SK buddy, Cation. It was unfortunate to see him leave the PLK after SK moved on to the Soo. I think the current staff in PLK land could have learned a lot.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Jeff Jordan named Head Coach of both Kanata Jr A & U18. A good decision by Gibson at the beginning of his first off-season with Kanata.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
OJS 4, CP 3 (Regulation for once)

Another 4-3 game.

Very fun atmosphere in CP. OJS buckled down defensively and the McCaw line woke up, simple as that. Interesting to see Point struggle on a night where multiple teams were in attendance looking at him, Murray, etc.

I gladly eat my words re: CP sweep, as I'd love to see that barn rocking for a Game 7 next weekend.

And yeah, CP did model itself initially after PLK and it's paid dividends to the point that CP is now the flagship franchise for the league IMHO. PLK will go one of two ways in the next year or two; they'll either return to the league's upper echelon as DM figures out his team's on-ice deficiencies, or they'll plummet to the bottom of the league for good.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Jeff Jordan named Head Coach of both Kanata Jr A & U18. A good decision by Gibson at the beginning of his first off-season with Kanata.

I know JC did it this year with CP but what happens when both teams play on the same day?

Cant help but think it's not a great idea given how much time goes into both roles.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
remember when someone call this a sweep? lmao

Ottawa up 5-0 in Game 6. Headed to Game 7 tomorrow

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
remember when someone call this a sweep? lmao

Ottawa up 5-0 in Game 6. Headed to Game 7 tomorrow

7-0 final ouch. Games in CP rink is a different animal. I think this is going to be a very physical game. I think CP goalie might be getting tired and where is Edwardson? I thought they traded for him to have an experienced goalie as backup for playoffs. Good luck to both teams, nice to see a battle to the end. No matter who wins, both represent the CCHL very well.

Bossman

Oct 1, 2015
7-0 final ouch. Games in CP rink is a different animal. I think this is going to be a very physical game. I think CP goalie might be getting tired and where is Edwardson? I thought they traded for him to have an experienced goalie as backup for playoffs. Good luck to both teams, nice to see a battle to the end. No matter wh'o wins, both represent the CCHL very well.

Edwardson's Father passed away recently. That's the reason for his abscence

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Congrats to Jason Clarke and the Canadians on their 3-peat. Outstanding achievement for a Junior club. Best of luck at the Fred Page Cup.

What a series.

Johnny 2K8

Oct 23, 2008
I have followed this league for almost 10 years now, and although I missed three of the seven games, I can say that this was the best Bogart Cup final that I've seen. I wasn't expecting Ottawa to give CP a run, especially after losing the first two games in OT. CP is a very good hockey club, and I see them winning the Fred Page Cup again this year. Didn't like what I saw at the end of the game from the CP coach, but I am no longer surprise by his antics. No class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad