2014 World Championships Belarus May 9-25

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
Im trying to stay optimistic right now just because he has a few months to rest and rehab. One would have to assume this will be the last time he plays in a WC, I dont think Ted will want him risking another injury

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Im trying to stay optimistic right now just because he has a few months to rest and rehab. One would have to assume this will be the last time he plays in a WC, I dont think Ted will want him risking another injury

Going through the summer without training is not a good sign for any player, let alone one that is always expected to carry his team.

Also i'm pretty sure Ted doesn't want to risk teams relationship with Ovechkin by not letting him go to play for Russia. One has to assume those games mean alot to them considering the players they've got there even in Olympic year. Ovechkin will want to keep going there once his NHL season is over and i have little doubt about Ted to keep letting him go to keep him happy.

Easy solution for Ted is to actually hire a good GM and coach to ensure their NHL season is not over before the playoffs even start.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
So Orlov and now Ovi down.. Wonder if they can find another moonlight league to play in once this is over? Maybe we can injure a few more starters before the offseason even starts!! :shakehead

I don't know which hurts worse.. Seeing Ovi getting hurt in a non NHL game or watching him play 2x as hard... In a non NHL game. :help:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Ovechkin back at team hotel, walking on his own.

Bn8wzfLIYAETAnX.jpg:large

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Risking injury for this? I'd rather have these guys focusing on the team that supports their families. First Orlov, now Ovy hopefully dodging a bullet.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
@SlavaMalamud: Alex Ovechkin is back in the team hotel. Walking on his own, no crutches, but limping. Team doctor says it's "better than expected" #Caps

Russian Machine is badass.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Well, I think if Ovechkin gets an injury any serious, it's the last Worlds in a long while he attends. Hopefully he never has time for it anyway, but still.
I honestly expected AO not to go to this championship. However, it looked like he just wanted to have a bit of fun on ice for the 1st time in thes season.
I hope it's not serious.

P.S. Believe it or not, but I slept through the game and literally had a dream where Ovechkin got a minor leg injury.

BondraEra

Jun 6, 2010
Well, I think if Ovechkin gets an injury any serious, it's the last Worlds in a long while he attends. Hopefully he never has time for it anyway, but still.
I honestly expected AO not to go to this championship. However, it looked like he just wanted to have a bit of fun on ice for the 1st time in thes season.
I hope it's not serious.

P.S. Believe it or not, but I slept through the game and literally had a dream where Ovechkin got a minor leg injury.

Never go to sleep again.

Halpysback*

No one forced Ted to put together a **** front office which put together a **** team which missed the playoffs and whose players thus are able to play at Worlds. Don't want Ovechkin risking injury at worlds? Don't cycle through 14 rookie defenseman while having him play with Jay Beagle for half the season. You reap what you sow. Hopefully Ovechkin plays at every single World Cup out of patriotic fervor and hopefully he gets maimed at every single one of them. Screw you Ted for wasting his prime.

ryan519*

and Milbury of course chimes in with this:

"Ovechkin was trying to make up for his lackluster performance at the Olympics, but this is the risk you take"

shut your mouth you ****in *****

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
No one forced Ted to put together a **** front office which put together a **** team which missed the playoffs and whose players thus are able to play at Worlds. Don't want Ovechkin risking injury at worlds? Don't cycle through 14 rookie defenseman while having him play with Jay Beagle for half the season. You reap what you sow. Hopefully Ovechkin plays at every single World Cup out of patriotic fervor and hopefully he gets maimed at every single one of them. Screw you Ted for wasting his prime.

Well said.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
@SlavaMalamud: Alex Ovechkin is back in the team hotel. Walking on his own, no crutches, but limping. Team doctor says it's "better than expected" #Caps

Russian Machine is badass.

Promising news. Not many can take hits like that and get up walking like that. Indeed, badass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad