2014 World Championships Belarus May 9-25

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Malkin took his place. Znarok loves his skilled players working hard, and Kuzya didn't impress that much this tournament.

Reffing in this tournament has been horrible...

Abdelkader levels Sobotka with a shoulder to the chest and its called charging.

I didn't see that hit, but charging isn't checking to the head.

Paddis

Apr 18, 2014
Trondheim
Didn't Malkin go straight into the top 6 and took at least Tikhonov from Ovechkins former line, while Kuznetsov played 4th line with Burmistrov? Did they just bump someone from top 6 down for Malkin and thereby scratching Kuznetsov?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Didn't Malkin go straight into the top 6 and took at least Tikhonov from Ovechkins former line, while Kuznetsov played 4th line with Burmistrov? Did they just bump someone from top 6 down for Malkin and thereby scratching Kuznetsov?

Shipachyov was suspended. Tikhonov was centering top line, even though he is a winger and Ovechkin was centering Zaripov and Kainin during double shifts.

So Shipachyov and Malkin coming, pushed Tikhonov to the wing and Ovechkin returned back from the injury and Kuznetsov was the odd man out...

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'm confused, why has Kuzya seemingly died in national play? Didn't he use to be a top 6er at all times?

InfernalDark*

I'm really looking for tomorrow, whatever happens there are some sad/happy babes at the centre of Helsinki, and I know how to forget everything :naughty:

Breasts & ***** for everybody MUAHAHAHHAHAHA

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
Does anyone know which side he's been playing on in the tournament?

I've noticed him on the left.

Anyone know why Kuz isn't playing much? I read a rumor he did a prank on the coach and basically the coach said he's done with the national team.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I've noticed him on the left.

Anyone know why Kuz isn't playing much? I read a rumor he did a prank on the coach and basically the coach said he's done with the national team.

That was a joke by the coach.

Hes out because he and Burmistrov had no chemistry.

Hockeyfan31*

Ovechkin was great through all tournament, worked hard even in defense, top captain.

But I was really disappointed with Kuznetsov. Seeing how bad he was in his last year in khl and before that in play-offs(choke), I almost tend to agree with that Russian expert who said that he has regressed. Seems fame has got to his head also a lil bit judging by history of his comments and posts on social media.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Ovechkin was great through all tournament, worked hard even in defense, top captain.

But I was really disappointed with Kuznetsov. Seeing how bad he was in his last year in khl and before that in play-offs(choke), I almost tend to agree with that Russian expert who said that he has regressed. Seems fame has got to his head also a lil bit judging by history of his comments and posts on social media.

He was good, he did a lot of great individual things, but him and Burmistrov had no chemistry.

Liberati0n*

It's nice to have this thread. All the others have substance so I feel like I have to read them before responding. This one is a nice consolation.

Paddis

Apr 18, 2014
Trondheim
Has anyone seen an estimate of how long Orlov will use to get his arm hand 100%? Shame if he gets a poor off-season and will be a step behind come start of the season.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Has anyone seen an estimate of how long Orlov will use to get his arm hand 100%? Shame if he gets a poor off-season and will be a step behind come start of the season.

Shouldn't set him back too far. A whole summer to rehab which actually strengthens his upper body. It's those leg/knee injuries that are worrisome or another head injury.

Dima will be fine and hopefully the next Josi :yo:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am going to guess Kuz had a sore shoulder to explain a lackluster tourney. I thought I saw him favoring one in his time in DC. I am happy for Ovi, and even happier to hear he gave a full effort en route to hoisting the NIT cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad