2014 World Championships Belarus May 9-25

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m
Additional Team Canada players: Ellis and Gudbranson confirmed on D. Brouwer and Ward confirmed as well.

Canada probably should have taken Chimera/Fehr/Ward just like the broadcasters suggested the other day!

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Capitals Participants
Name | Country | Notes
Troy Brouwer | Canada | Invited
Jason Chimera | Canada | Invited
Philipp Grubauer | Germany | Invited
Evgeny Kuznetsov | Russia | Invited
Dmitry Orlov | Russia | Invited
Alexander Ovechkin | Russia | Invited
Joel Ward | Canada | Invited

Last edited:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Chimera is also going.

Good for Ward/Chimmer. They deserve it.

Gotta be wondering Fehr is going too now. Canada is also having problems with players turning them down.

I figured I would get **** for saying Brouwer and Ward could get invites, but then I saw they were invited, but now Chimera is going.

Laich probably will turn down a invitation, has too many interviews lined up.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
As a fan of several players on the Capitals who may or may not be playing in the World Champs, I want to see who may be playing. I'm thrilled about Chimera and Ward being confirmed, as well as the others already known.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
16) Playing the Role of Moderator: You're not a moderator so don't correct posters as if you were a moderator. If a thread or post violates the rules, use the "Report This Post" button rather than playing the parent. Editorial comments on the value of a thread or post, such as "useless thread", "in before the lock", "this thread should be closed", etc., are not welcome. This also may be considered spam, as it adds nothing to the discussion, and furthermore as thread hijacking and taking the thread off topic. If you don't like a thread and it doesn't break any rules don't reply to it! More often than not, that causes more problems than it fixes. Let us handle what is ours to handle. If you're interested in becoming a moderator you can send your application to [email protected].

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I care, plenty of games for Ovechkin to show he can play the left wing, carry the puck, and score off the rush. We could also see Kuznetsov playing on the right wing WITH Ovechkin.

It also gives us a chance to see Orlov possibly playing RD.

It could be very eye opening for Leonsis and GMGM if he stays and is thinking about keeping Oates...

Also Malykhin is going to be there, so it is possible to see him with Ovechkn/Kuznetsov and they can also try to convince him to sign with Washington.

Last edited:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Backstrom declined invite... He seriously said a week or so before the end of the season if the Capitals were eliminated he wanted to go.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe he is gassed from giving a full effort for 4 games this year. Those last 4 games.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Nah Swedish meatball await!

a9ce70e14439f9f2c7233b1f601b1e766edaac122252f6e2fd7196bf2f8d04ec.jpg

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Haven't been around here much, so I'll make a contribution. Leone reported the other day that Grubauer was joining Team Germany.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Leone notes on Monday, April 21:

"Goalie Philipp Grubauer is scheduled to depart Tuesday to play for Germany at the IIHF World Championships, Yingst said."

Also, German website translated via google about Thursday: "keeper Philipp Grubauer trained in the morning for the first time with the national team"

About scrimmage/pre-tourney game vs Russia.

http://www.deb-online.de/deb-news/i...uessen-den-respekt-von-beginn-an-ablegen.html

http://www.deb-online.de/deb-news/i...-gegen-russland-mit-ovechkin-und-co-3147.html

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Wait, why didn't Ovechkin play?

Bad translation:

Forward "Washington" and the Russian team , Alexander Ovechkin will not participate in the second match against Germany Evrochellendzha, which will be held April 26, the official site PCR. Headquarters team considered that behind the NHL scoring 82 games of the regular season, the Olympics and the transatlantic flight . In this situation, Alexander, the possibilities of which are well-known coaches have to work in "Dinamo", received extra time for acclimatization and adaptation. Recall that in the first meeting Ovechkin was the captain of the Russian team.

Essentially long season and flight and the coach knows him from coaching him during the lockout.

If I'm reading it correctly, in exhibition games they have played 6 total vs Slovakia, Latvia, and Germany and went 3-3...

I think its too close to coming back from injuries fo Datsyuk or Malkin to join, so best case scenario is the Stars and Jackets being eliminated.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3