Prospect Info: 2014 Sharks prospect camp

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Not that you can take it at his word but McClellan was quoted as saying this wasn't used for evaluation of players

<pet peeve alert>
So bugs me when I see a name that I cannot immediately recognize.

And then have to understand that someone is using a nickname/abbreviation or misspelling and it irks me.
</pet peeve alert>

No such person in Sharks organization. :sarcasm:

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
It'd be cool to do the same thing, but maybe add a bit of a skills competition, like a mini all-star game. Try for hardest shot, fastest skater, etc. Just use the shootout as a part of that.

SoftDumpInTheCorner

Jun 29, 2010
Man Jose
Saw the game from the upper bowl, got to say I was not overly impressed with either team. Nieto was the only one that stood out, but is he really a prospect at this point? For team team teal, Tierney was decent but then looked lost at times. Mueller was just ok, personally I don't think he's ready for the NHL. For team White, three guys that looked like they came to play were, Hamilton, Hayes, and Kuraly. Hamilton was out hitting and causing a stir in opposing teams end, Hayes as well. Kuraly seemed to be first to puck every time it was dumped in, I'm not sure his hands are quite there to be offensively creative, but definitely has that compete factor in him. All three could see time with the big club next season.

Last season I predicted Nieto and Hertl to make the club at some point, my guess this season will be Hamilton and Tierney. I really wanted to see Abeltshauser play, I feel that he had a better shot than Mueller in making the big club.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Saw the game from the upper bowl, got to say I was not overly impressed with either team. Nieto was the only one that stood out, but is he really a prospect at this point? For team team teal, Tierney was decent but then looked lost at times. Mueller was just ok, personally I don't think he's ready for the NHL. For team White, three guys that looked like they came to play were, Hamilton, Hayes, and Kuraly. Hamilton was out hitting and causing a stir in opposing teams end, Hayes as well. Kuraly seemed to be first to puck every time it was dumped in, I'm not sure his hands are quite there to be offensively creative, but definitely has that compete factor in him. All three could see time with the big club next season.

Last season I predicted Nieto and Hertl to make the club at some point, my guess this season will be Hamilton and Tierney. I really wanted to see Abeltshauser play, I feel that he had a better shot than Mueller in making the big club.

Kuraly is returning to Miami for his junior year, he won't see any NHL time this coming season (or probably next season).

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Not sure if it's much, but Rod made it clear he plans on returning to Geneva next season during autograph signings. Boudreau looked so nervous during signings as well, not sure why.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Not sure if it's much, but Rod made it clear he plans on returning to Geneva next season during autograph signings. Boudreau looked so nervous during signings as well, not sure why.

He should. No reason for him to come over unless he balls out at camp.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Where was Groesnick? We still have him under contract, right?

I mentioned it when the camp roster came out that him not being here is interesting but I think it's because the org more or less knows what they have in him.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
<pet peeve alert>
So bugs me when I see a name that I cannot immediately recognize.

And then have to understand that someone is using a nickname/abbreviation or misspelling and it irks me.
</pet peeve alert>

No such person in Sharks organization. :sarcasm:

I'm sorry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad